Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2001, 7:56 am

i just got back from Marriott CasaMagna about a month ago. since i'm platinum with Marriott, they upgraded me (based on avl) to an oceanview room when i checked in. the hotel staff was very nice, and the beach that the hotel has direct access on is very nice. we had to visit another hotel when we went snorkeling, and let me tell you that marriott's beaches is one the best!

so on a side note, since you posted your question about ritz on here, is that part of the marriott family? in other words, can i redeem points at ritz-carlton's around the world? i had no idea be/c when i made this recent trip reservation, they didn't even mention the ritz. thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2001, 8:54 am

Hi flying_longhorn:

You mentioned that you just got back from the Marriott CasaMagna in Cancun. We are planning to stay at the new JW Marriott during Thanksgiving. I believe they are close to each other, are they? If so did you get a chance to check it out? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks...Bob
Old Aug 15, 2001, 9:30 am

flying - yes, you can redeem points for stays at Ritz, but you can't earn points for staying there. But, redeeming at the Ritz is pricey.

bob- The JW and CasaMagna are right next to eachother and actually have a connecting bridge. The Ritz is 3 hotels down the beach, but is essentially the same location and same beach. The pool at the JW is incredible.
Old Aug 21, 2001, 10:17 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
JW Marriott or Ritz Carlton Cancun?

Following-up from a thread I asked regarding the Ritz Carlton....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001027.html

Does anyone have an opinion on which one is better? JW or RC? I'm planning to go in mid-September for a long weekend.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Old Jan 12, 2002, 8:39 pm

JW Marriott in Cancun

I will be staying at the JW in Cancun in April. I understand that it is not in the hotel district. How far from the hotel district is it and what is near the JW. All comments are appreciated including dining suggestions. It will be my first time in Cancun.

Brenda
Old Jan 12, 2002, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO refugee
Hm...not sure what you've heard, but I consider it very definitely in the Hotel Zone, although it is out away from the center of the zone. It's right next to the Marriott Casa Magna, if that helps you, and certainly closer to the center of the Hotel Zone than the Hilton or the Club Med. If it's your first time to Cancun, be aware that the Hotel Zone is a busy but totally tourist oriented, aesthetically sanitized area that is entirely apart from downtown Cancun, where more authentic atmosphere (and food) can be found. But I'm admittedly biased there, and indeed, you can have a very pleasant vacation without ever leaving the "Zona Hotelera."

We ate at the JW's all-you-can-eat prime rib and lobster buffet when we were there in October. Very attractively presented (just as the hotel's public areas seemed to be), and tasty if not actually sublime. The Casa Magna has the Mikado (Japanese/Thai food), as I think all Casa Magnas do; it wasn't bad either. However, we stayed at the Royal Resorts, and their El Conquistador (your concierge should know it) is really a marvel for dinner. Downtown, there's dressy La Habichuela (The Grasshopper), which wins dining awards; and Los Perricos (The Dogs?) for more casual dining.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 1:06 pm

The JW Marriott Cancun is on the same level as the Ritz Cancun. Rooms have seperate showers in a marble bathroom, carpeted, and very nicely furnished. Chaise lounges on the beach and pool have cushions with large luxurious towels. Very attentive staff and service.Upgraded to oceanfront with MR Platinum. Good choice. The hotel is located approximately in the center of the hotel zone. However, malls and restaurants are located up and down the hotel zone. Buses run every few minutes and you can get about anywhere on the strip for about $1 bus fare.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 3:39 pm
R&R

I would call it the RESORT area with the better beach! Very important. Just far enough from the crazy bars to avoid the young crowds. Close enough to everything you might want to do. Shopping mall nearby.

The restarants were not fully open, when I was there last May at the opening. The lobster tail buffet at the Casa magna was the best choice on Weds and Sundays. Pools and beach at the JW were the best.

Old Feb 14, 2002, 4:59 pm

JW Marriot Cancun

Hi,

I'm looking into booking a room at the JW in Cancun. Anybody been there and recommend which room accomodation to go for (for two)? I don't mind splurging for the suite, but not sure of the value of it (if we're outside the whole time). Anybody have any experience with the spa? Basically, I'm looking for somebody's impression and any advice of another traveler who's stayed here? TIA
Old Feb 14, 2002, 7:05 pm

Using search should reveal a number of threads on this property.
Old Feb 15, 2002, 12:40 am
R&R

The best rooms face the pool area and north up the coast. The rooms are nice enough in the typical Marriott layout. They do not want to mess with a proven format.

Old May 11, 2002, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
JW Cancun Promo

Promo Code: S29

Rates: from $189

"Book now and you'll uncover a special $200 Sand Dollars resort credit. You long for unique experiences and relaxation. At the new JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa. You will find a level of excellence deisgned to meet and exceed your every expectation. Here, you'll relish in distinctive luxury, opulent accomaodations, and attentive personalized service that rejuvenates you body and satisfies your soul."

Fine Print:
-minimum 5 nights stay
-rate varies by season
-credit can be applied toward food and beverage at participating restaurants (?? room service and other room charges excluded?)
-Valid for stays between 6/1/02 and 10/31/02
Old May 21, 2002, 3:58 pm

I recently stayed at the JW Marriott Cancun under a similar promo. The resort and rooms were very impressive. I highly recommend to anyone who is interested in a nice hotel in Cancun. The Marriott CasaMagna is just as nice.
Old May 21, 2002, 4:01 pm

JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico

I highly recommend anyone traveling to Cancun to stay at this new resort. The hotel and rooms are very impressive. I took advantage of the special promotion that included the $100 credit, $159 rate and $200 bonus bucks for future Marriott stays.
Old May 21, 2002, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
devon - Have they ever managed to get the spa opened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.