Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mediator
Taste of Gold/Platinum
You are given gold/platinum status for 90 days, and you must complete a certain number of nights/stays to retain that status for the remainder of the year plus the following year. This promotion is targeted only.

Road to Gold/Platinum (a.k.a. Gold/Platinum Challenge)
Currently, this will allow you to move up one level with a shortened stay criteria. You have 90 days to complete 6/9 stays to receive Gold/Platinum status. If you do no qualify, you are eligible to start another challenge one year and one day after the 90th day of the challenge you just did. When you sign up, the MR CSR should tell you the date you are eligible to do another challenge.

FAQ

Q: What qualifies as a stay?
A: One paid night at a Marriott-brand (including Ritz-Carlton Hotels) hotel. Cash+points rate does not qualify. SPG hotels does not qualify (as of 03/2017). Some exclusions may apply, someone please help fill this in.

Q: Can I simply book multiple, consecutive one-night stays at the same hotel?
A: No.

Q: Can I jump between multiple Marriotts in the area?
A: Yes. As long as you book at least one night at each property. Special care must be taken if the Marriott properties are next to each other. They may share the same back-office. While you may book one night at each property on consecutive nights, which should count as two stays, it may only count as one stay. A call to Marriott Rewards should split them up correctly.

Q: Can I book multiple nights at different properties for the same night to get multiple stay credits?
A: No. Regardless how many different places you book for the same night, it all counts as one stay.

Q: Can I sign up for both Gold and Platinum Challenges at the same time?
A: No. Only one challenge per year.

Q: I'm Silver, can I do the Platinum challenge?
A: No. This is only a one-level promotion. You are only eligible for the Gold challenge.

Q: Can a non-elite do the Gold Challenge
A: No. Must be Silver.

Q: I just completed my 6th/9th stay. When should I see my new status?
A: Good job! Your new status should appear after your 6th/9th stay posts to your account.

Q: Can I book a meeting to get a stay credit?
A: No. You will only receive 10 night credits, not a stay credit.
Print Wikipost

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
Originally Posted by nccarguy
My Ritz Carlton stays booked through Amex FHR have always posted. Of course that could change tomorrow.
Oh cool, I didn't know this. I thought Amex FHR bookings showed up like a priceline booking in the system.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by nccarguy
My Ritz Carlton stays booked through Amex FHR have always posted. Of course that could change tomorrow.
Yes I've also experienced our Amex to post right but I'd say they're the exception that proves the rule. All the OTAs will not net any nights/points.

Last edited by SocialAdept; Mar 25, 2013 at 1:43 am
Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by pooker
Oh cool, I didn't know this. I thought Amex FHR bookings showed up like a priceline booking in the system.
After you make the reservation (and before you check in) call RC and add your MR number.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:41 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
any idea what is the email address to send to? I sent email to '[email protected]' but no reply yet almost 24 hours
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat
Originally Posted by lingua101
any idea what is the email address to send to? I sent email to '[email protected]' but no reply yet almost 24 hours
<[email protected]>

It did take a few days for them to get back to me... I was impatient and emailed every email I could find... So things are a little strange with my account.

I have been gold the last couple years.

Before emailing a few weeks ago I was silver... China MR enrolled me in the Gold challenge and the US sent me an email saying I was enrolled in the Plat challenge but it would manually be tracked. So my profile says gold and the promotions tab doesn't show the plat challenge... But I'm confident that once I reach the 9 stays the US agent will honor her email.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by superpilot21
<[email protected]>

It did take a few days for them to get back to me... I was impatient and emailed every email I could find... So things are a little strange with my account.

I have been gold the last couple years.

Before emailing a few weeks ago I was silver... China MR enrolled me in the Gold challenge and the US sent me an email saying I was enrolled in the Plat challenge but it would manually be tracked. So my profile says gold and the promotions tab doesn't show the plat challenge... But I'm confident that once I reach the 9 stays the US agent will honor her email.

OK. I just submitted the request via the form in the website. Highlighting my travel plan in April. Well let see if they will get back to me in the next 24 hours.

I did call the KL MR office. He told me that he needs to check with US side, so asking me to email them the copy of my PC Platinum with the last 12 months history. Actually not sure why they want to check the history, but the future is more important right. I got around 8 nights that I am deciding either to give to Marriott or Hilton. I am Hilton Gold but I found Hilton coverage in Asia sucks.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:51 pm

OK. I just submitted the request via the form in the website. Highlighting my travel plan in April. Well let see if they will get back to me in the next 24 hours.

I did call the KL MR office. He told me that he needs to check with US side, so asking me to email them the copy of my PC Platinum with the last 12 months history. Actually not sure why they want to check the history, but the future is more important right. I got around 8 nights that I am deciding either to give to Marriott or Hilton. I am Hilton Gold but I found Hilton coverage in Asia sucks.
They replied to my online request that they can extense Gold challenge until 31-Jun. I guess because it is 1+3 months from yesterday. If I replied them 2-April, will they extend the offer until 31-Jul, or I should request another offer in 1-April?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Noticed I was gold about two weeks ago. Thanks to a thread on FT, figured out it was a taste of Gold challenge (listed in my promotions), but never requested by me. Got an email today from MR indicating I was on it. 6 stays in the next three months (probably unlikely to make that).
Old Mar 27, 2013, 4:03 am

They replied to my online request that they can extense Gold challenge until 31-Jun. I guess because it is 1+3 months from yesterday. If I replied them 2-April, will they extend the offer until 31-Jul, or I should request another offer in 1-April?
Guessing you mean June 30th?

Also, from my reading of this thread you are correct. If you enrolled April 1, it would end June 30th. If you enroll April 2, it would end July 31st.

Good luck!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by GregWTravels
Noticed I was gold about two weeks ago. Thanks to a thread on FT, figured out it was a taste of Gold challenge (listed in my promotions), but never requested by me. Got an email today from MR indicating I was on it. 6 stays in the next three months (probably unlikely to make that).
Have any stays in the last 2 weeks? Any stays planned before June 30th? This might be worth a mattress run or two, as it would give you gold status until 2015!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 5:45 am

Guessing you mean June 30th?

Also, from my reading of this thread you are correct. If you enrolled April 1, it would end June 30th. If you enroll April 2, it would end July 31st.

Good luck!
Yeah I mean 30-jun. they had sent me an email (indicate the gold benefit will be until 30-jun) and ask me to reply to accept it.

So if i only reply on 2-apr, will they automatically extend it to 31-jul, or i have to explicitly ask for it since the offer mail indicate 30-jun?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Have any stays in the last 2 weeks? Any stays planned before June 30th? This might be worth a mattress run or two, as it would give you gold status until 2015!
I might have one trip in the time, and nothing recently, so would likely be 5 or 6 mattress runs to hit.

Frankly, the challenge didn't come at a great time for me to try and hit. Would have preferred three months later in the year.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:13 am

I might have one trip in the time, and nothing recently, so would likely be 5 or 6 mattress runs to hit.

Frankly, the challenge didn't come at a great time for me to try and hit. Would have preferred three months later in the year.
It might be worth writing them and explaining that this was an unsolicited sign up and you would like to defer the challenge start to a later date.

Can't hurt!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Same with me. I am not sure what I did to deserve it -- I was Platinum for a few years until 2007, barely earned Silver each year since. I was planning to re-qualify for Silver again this year (though already have 7 nights), so should be able to get 6 stays in over the next three months. So the promotion will get Marriott an extra 3-5 nights from me, though I understand more loyal members' complaints about dilution.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:16 am

Got the same mail just now, don't see myself staying at Marriott properties 6 times from Apr 1 - Jun 30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.