Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 29, 2023, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
Rules:

You can deposit cash fee-free into your ONE account at any Walmart cashier, Customer Service desk, or Money Center location in the United States.
If you don’t have your physical card, you can deposit cash using your ONE app-generated barcode at any Money Center or Customer Service Desk at Walmart.

Amount limits:
1. $1 minimum load

2. $990 maximum load per transaction
3. $3,000 maximum per rolling 24 hours
Print Wikipost

ONE Card Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2023, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by ricohitman
I was adding 5k per month because I had heard that the shutdown threshold was around 8k. Left the money in there for more than 2 weeks and still got shutdown. P1 got money ACHed to me. P2 mailed a check. So yes you do get your money, but just be prepared for the shutdown.
What do you think is my chance to avoid shutdown? If I just load money in (Walmart and ACH) and only use it to pay estimate tax and tuition once in a while? I can see the average balance exceeds 20k.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 8:55 am

Programs: DL, WoH
It seems ONE only takes so much loading and then has enough of it. Again, I let money sit for awhile and was still shut down.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 11:24 am

It's probably best to liquidate some of what you load in a manner financially beneficial to them as I feel like they want to make money on interchange fees when used as a debit card. Even though it adds an extra step it might be best to liquidate a ONE Card via some MOs at a place other than WM since they can see it's being loaded their as well. Maybe use the PO or a grocery store. Just a thought.
halluc1nati0n and upright0744 like this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
It's probably best to liquidate some of what you load in a manner financially beneficial to them as I feel like they want to make money on interchange fees when used as a debit card. Even though it adds an extra step it might be best to liquidate a ONE Card via some MOs at a place other than WM since they can see it's being loaded their as well. Maybe use the PO or a grocery store. Just a thought.
They do make money from net interest income. They don't pay interest for checking, only saving account has 5%. Also, their loans/investments will have a higher rate than 5%.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 3:09 pm

xfer $ from its chkg to savings could be ok anytime, correct? After moving $ from its chkg to savings acct a week ago, the system gave me an error msg "can't fulfill your request at this time".... wonder that ya folks are able to move/xfer $ to savings at anytime or aware of any limitation?
Old Oct 1, 2023, 4:35 pm

Has there always been a reloading fee (3% of the funding amount)? I tried loading $100 today and was told that there is a $3 fee.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by glizzyguzzlers
Has there always been a reloading fee (3% of the funding amount)? I tried loading $100 today and was told that there is a $3 fee.
This happened to me twice when I used the card, I think it's just the associate pushing the wrong options on their end. Maybe better to use the barcode from the app. So far no issues yet loading this way.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by ricohitman
I was adding 5k per month because I had heard that the shutdown threshold was around 8k. Left the money in there for more than 2 weeks and still got shutdown. P1 got money ACHed to me. P2 mailed a check. So yes you do get your money, but just be prepared for the shutdown.
thx for the heads up. Only had my acct for a month and loaded $33000 in September. Might as well hit it hard if they are going to shut me down.
upright0744 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:46 pm

Any DP regarding loading from USB VGC at Wally?

Tried 3 times to load $500 in 2 different WMs only to get "no funds available" message.

Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:59 pm

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
I loaded a USB GC to BB This afternoon. BAU at Walmart
Old Oct 10, 2023, 5:59 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by t0dd0
thx for the heads up. Only had my acct for a month and loaded $33000 in September. Might as well hit it hard if they are going to shut me down.
It's not the loading that is going to be the issue. If the funds sit for two months, I am certain that the bank will not care a jot how much you put in.
It's the loading and immediate removal of the funds which will get their ire up.
If you did this, did they shut you down??
Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:00 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Stoshbygosh
I loaded a USB GC to BB This afternoon. BAU at Walmart
I believe that your post is misplaced.
We are not talking about BB here, but One Card.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by touristtrap
Any DP regarding loading from USB VGC at Wally?

Tried 3 times to load $500 in 2 different WMs only to get "no funds available" message.

Thanks
rarely bought USB vgc nowadays b/c of high fee, unless the grocery store does offer bonus fuel pts for the variable
Old Oct 18, 2023, 6:40 am

Sorry to those of you who already know this, but since it hasn't been mentioned outright anywhere yet in this thread:

Newbs to this card be advised, until you set up your Direct Deposit, they charge fees for everything. Put money in, $3 fee. Take money out $3 fee, Buy something, fee.

I'm waiting until my DD posts before I try to use this card, just to be safe

I would post a link to the address to confirm this, but I'm a newb to FlyerTalk so I'm not allowed to yet.
Copy-n-paste: support.one.app/hc/en-us/articles/360053639434-About-ONE#01H8PQDNSR71F8HJE13PJCVMR1
Old Oct 18, 2023, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by SailorJoe
Sorry to those of you who already know this, but since it hasn't been mentioned outright anywhere yet in this thread:

Newbs to this card be advised, until you set up your Direct Deposit, they charge fees for everything. Put money in, $3 fee. Take money out $3 fee, Buy something, fee.

I'm waiting until my DD posts before I try to use this card, just to be safe

I would post a link to the address to confirm this, but I'm a newb to FlyerTalk so I'm not allowed to yet.
Copy-n-paste: support.one.app/hc/en-us/articles/360053639434-About-ONE#01H8PQDNSR71F8HJE13PJCVMR1
I've loaded several times at WM without a fee. Transferred to other accounts without fee. Never tried paying with the card though. I don't have DD setup on my account. The only time I was charged a fee is when I tried loading using the card instead of the barcode but I suspect it was cashier error rather than the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.