Old Aug 29, 2023, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
Rules:

You can deposit cash fee-free into your ONE account at any Walmart cashier, Customer Service desk, or Money Center location in the United States.
If you don’t have your physical card, you can deposit cash using your ONE app-generated barcode at any Money Center or Customer Service Desk at Walmart.

Amount limits:
1. $1 minimum load

2. $990 maximum load per transaction
3. $3,000 maximum per rolling 24 hours
Print Wikipost

ONE Card Masterthread

Old Oct 18, 2023, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by bitsybits
I've loaded several times at WM without a fee. Transferred to other accounts without fee. Never tried paying with the card though. I don't have DD setup on my account. The only time I was charged a fee is when I tried loading using the card instead of the barcode but I suspect it was cashier error rather than the card.
Really? Fascinating! The TOC are pretty clear IMHO:

If you are not a Direct Deposit Customer, the following fees apply to your ONE account, as provided in the Deposit Account Agreement. You can avoid these fees from ONE by receiving $500 or more in eligible direct deposits per month:
  • Withdrawals from an ATM will be charged a $3 ONE ATM fee, in addition to any fee that might be charged by the ATM operator
  • Over-the-counter transactions will be charged a $3 fee from ONE in addition to any fees charged by the bank or credit union
  • Withdrawal of funds using the in-app generated barcode at Walmart will be charged a $3 fee
  • $3 One Retail Card Purchase Fee to purchase a ONE Retail Card at Walmart in addition to a one-time 3% load fee. In the event the card is not activated by applying for a ONE account within 10 days of purchase or you are not approved for an account, the card will be subject to a $5 ONE Retail Card Fee. The Retail card fee is applied 10 days after the purchase of the card and each month thereafter
Old Oct 18, 2023, 9:37 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by SailorJoe
Really? Fascinating! The TOC are pretty clear IMHO:
Actually, the TOS for One Card can best be described as Byzantine, to say the least

Try figuring out which savings account gets the high interest and how to get your money to go there..
I have read the rules several times and still haven't figured out the rules of the road for this company.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 10:36 am

Programs: All of them
So I just activated a new ONE card yesterday, ordered it online so there are no activation fees. Today tried to load $500 at WM and it slaps me with 3.74 fee. Is this normal, or something new? I've been following this thread for a while, didn't notice anyone post about the fee yet.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
So I just activated a new ONE card yesterday, ordered it online so there are no activation fees. Today tried to load $500 at WM and it slaps me with 3.74 fee. Is this normal, or something new? I've been following this thread for a while, didn't notice anyone post about the fee yet.
If you used the card try using the barcode from the app and let us know if you still get charged a fee. I've tried loading using a card only once and it charged a fee. Ever since then I only do it with a barcode from the app and it's always fee free.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 3:13 pm

Did two $975 loads today with Simon Sutton $1Ks using the card, not the app, and was not not charged a fee. I do get a WF Direct Pay "DD" each month though so not an apples to apples comparison.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by bitsybits
If you used the card try using the barcode from the app and let us know if you still get charged a fee. I've tried loading using a card only once and it charged a fee. Ever since then I only do it with a barcode from the app and it's always fee free.
Ok good to know, thanks. I was doing this at Money Center, never noticed if they even have barcode scanners. Or were you doing this at regular cashier / customer services?
Old Oct 18, 2023, 6:29 pm

Ok good to know, thanks. I was doing this at Money Center, never noticed if they even have barcode scanners. Or were you doing this at regular cashier / customer services?
Often I load at the CS or MC (they have scanners) because most of the time regular cashiers will say they don't know how to do it or point me to the CS/MC.
littlewinglet likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 11:34 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just got shut down to confirm datapoints. Do not expect to use this card for more than 2 months for loading.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Just got shut down to confirm datapoints. Do not expect to use this card for more than 2 months for loading.
Please share how you abused it. I wonder if method of draining the funds has anything to do with it, or they just have a short trigger and any high volume sets them off.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Please share how you abused it. I wonder if method of draining the funds has anything to do with it, or they just have a short trigger and any high volume sets them off.
I don't even have access to my transaction history anymore after they locked me out.
I was loading between $600-$1000 per load.
Draining anywhere from immediately after to 3 days after.

I recommend trying to pull out of ONE instead of pushing, though I wouldn't expect better results.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 1:53 pm

I don't even have access to my transaction history anymore after they locked me out.
I was loading between $600-$1000 per load.
Draining anywhere from immediately after to 3 days after.

I recommend trying to pull out of ONE instead of pushing, though I wouldn't expect better results.
I would pull by asking my CC account to take money out of One. Or I'd use the card itself to pay for MS activities in stores that are otherwise hostile to MS....so like a GC aggregator.

not sure if that would help, but I guess i'll try it and see how it goes.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 2:12 pm

deleted

Last edited by liw5215; Oct 20, 2023 at 2:17 pm
Old Oct 20, 2023, 2:18 pm

what was the volume and velocity of loading?
Old Oct 20, 2023, 4:28 pm

FWIW, so far in my ~6 weeks with ONE, my experience mirrors Post #116.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Gitangali
That is such a stupid conjecture which doesnt deserve any further replies from me. lol
Another day, loaded 2K again, CSR ddidnt say anything. Looks like their books balanced may be they received 500 extra from some MSer, so I will keep it and return if I feel like it depending upon the circumstances.
Just own it. You stole $500, probably cost someone their job, got away with it, and that works for you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.