Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by deker0
What location are you in where they demand to see the card? I've had pretty good luck with Publix supermarkets in Florida. They never ask to see the card.

As with all MS its YMMV. I find the MIA/FLL and Gold Coast area much harder than further north and west coast of FL. Many who never asked to see cards are now asking.
Happy likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cruisr
As with all MS its YMMV. I find the MIA/FLL and Gold Coast area much harder than further north and west coast of FL. Many who never asked to see cards are now asking.
In general, I found its best to stay away from any low income area, since its a better chance they get hit harder with fraud, plus sticking out is a tell tale that your not a local. This applys to Wallys as well
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:40 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by craz
In general, I found its best to stay away from any low income area, since its a better chance they get hit harder with fraud, plus sticking out is a tell tale that your not a local. This applys to Wallys as well
My best WM is thug central, my worst WMs are all in upscale areas, where probably a lot of middle class MSers have burned them.
Happy likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by craz
Middle of Nowhere Mid West Low Income areas have been my go to Wallys for the last 10 years. Not even a problem and the CSRs that have 10 to 15 year seniority, so they have been the same for the last decade I have been MSing. Since back in the BlueBird (lets load the bird via CSR) days and when KATE was working and spit the $500 MO to now.

Actually, one of my go to Wallys was one of the last one in the entire USA to have a working KATE until they removed it and placed an ATM instead.

So opposite to you, this low income area Wallys are still Gold for me!!!
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:01 pm

@ fellow patrons of Simon Pentagon City -- Not having purchased cards for a while, I was pleasantly surprised today by the following:

1. Pre-populated form. CSR asked for my name, went in drawer and gave me a form that already had my name printed on it. My address, DL number etc. were listed as "on file," all I had to do was check a yes/no box for any recent changes, then sign. Don't know how they chose which "frequent fliers" to do this for, or if this is a local vs. national initiative. FWIW, the mall manager & staff have always been extremely cool on MS.

2. Validated parking. CSR indicated that they "are allowed" to validate garage parking for people buying cards, which definitely saves a couple of bucks. If you go this route, please be polite and act grateful -- hard for some of you, I know, but give it a try.

ETA: Didn't realize that #1 had already been discussed up-thread.
TyPo311 likes this.

Last edited by tuphat; Mar 3, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by tuphat
@ fellow patrons of Simon Pentagon City -- Not having purchased cards for a while, I was pleasantly surprised today by the following:

1. Pre-populated form. CSR asked for my name, went in drawer and gave me a form that already had my name printed on it. My address, DL number etc. were listed as "on file," all I had to do was check a yes/no box for any recent changes, then sign. Don't know how they chose which "frequent fliers" to do this for, or if this is a local vs. national initiative. FWIW, the mall manager & staff have always been extremely cool on MS.

2. Validated parking. CSR indicated that they "are allowed" to validate garage parking for people buying cards, which definitely saves a couple of bucks. If you go this route, please be polite and act grateful -- hard for some of you, I know, but give it a try.

ETA: Didn't realize that #1 had already been discussed up-thread.
I'm guessing validated parking is new. Even though I'm a regular and they knew me well, they would never validate when I was driving over there over the summer. (I now Metro.)
Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
My best WM is thug central, my worst WMs are all in upscale areas, where probably a lot of middle class MSers have burned them.
Same experience here. Both employees and customers are less likely to be suspicious or judgmental. One will only stick out if they feel internally uncomfortable.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
I'm guessing validated parking is new. Even though I'm a regular and they knew me well, they would never validate when I was driving over there over the summer. (I now Metro.)
FWIW, I can also vouch that the nearby Costco still allows non-member use of the snack bar, at least for the time being.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Same experience here. Both employees and customers are less likely to be suspicious or judgmental. One will only stick out if they feel internally uncomfortable.
If a person is white and one of the only whites in a store (not only for the MC or CS) or a black person is one of less then a handful, you will stick out no matter how comfortable you may feel. Im not talking about the % at that given time, but the makeup the vast majority of the time. Ive been at some stores where the csr spoke little to no English, that too makes you stick out when it seems the vast majority of the customers arent speaking English

But it is a YMMV issue when what may work in 1 locale wont in another

I just find that when I dont fit in as a part of that stores general customer population that the csrs look at me differently
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
Yeah, the validated parking started a month or two ago. So much nicer. Pick the correct mall entry door from the parking garage and you can be in & out in a few minutes!
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by gm9928
Yeah, the validated parking started a month or two ago. So much nicer. Pick the correct mall entry door from the parking garage and you can be in & out in a few minutes!
Definitely great news. I'm not sure why they didn't do it before considering how much Simon apparently likes "gamers".
gm9928 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors
FWIW, the mall manager & staff have always been extremely cool on MS.
Yes, they don't have to worry about liquidating the cards, so they don't care about MS. Simon openly acknowledges that the people buying their cards are "gamers". At one of their NJ locations, they even told me that they will only sell the 1k cards to people using them to earn points/rewards. I asked "what if I want to give a 1k card as a very generous wedding gift to someone?". The CSR responded that she would not sell the card to me for such a purpose, I'd have to buy 2 x $500 instead.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Litig8r1104
Have been buying 7 to 10k 4 to 5 times a week....
If you don't mind me asking, how are you liquidating that volume?

My Serve got shut down & the WM near me is not VGC-friendly. Looking to scale back up, but need to find a better way to liquidate cards.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:07 am

FWIW, I can also vouch that the nearby Costco still allows non-member use of the snack bar, at least for the time being.
From what I've read I believe the membership requirement will go into effect 3/16. Better get that last Pizza & Very Berry Sundae soon!
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by DKB140
From what I've read I believe the membership requirement will go into effect 3/16. Better get that last Pizza & Very Berry Sundae soon!
My location has a kiosk, from which I order and pay for my $1.50 hot dog combo. Wondering if they will require Costco card to do this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.