Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Xephyr
Anyone have DP getting 3x points with the USB AR when using Samsung Pay to get SM VGC?
I remember abt 2 years ago I tried Samsung pay at my Simon and anything over 1K the transaction would not go through. I tested it on a freedom 5% mobile wallet quarter which i got done by buying 1 VGC at a time. YMMV I wonder if transactions over 1K would go through today.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by soy
citi, amex, chase whatever, I just mix and match depending on what I am collecting/spending towards
Amex won't give you any points
Old Dec 29, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by History05
Amex won't give you any points
To be specific, Amex personal cards will not give you anything.
However, it appears from multiple DPs that Amex business cards do in fact give the usual rewards allotted for that particular card.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by radonc1
However, it appears from multiple DPs that Amex business cards do in fact give the usual rewards allotted for that particular card.
I thought 2nd party Amex Personal was OK, eg Amex Delta where the pts being earned arent Amex Pts but a 2nd party pts
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:31 pm

Last time I tried a small Simon charge on my Amex business gold was Nov 1st for $12. I did not receive any MR points. How recent are the DP's you are referencing?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by knopfler
Last time I tried a small Simon charge on my Amex business gold was Nov 1sr $12. I did not receive any MR points. How recent are the DP's you are referencing?

Multiple DPs exist that says Amex Business cards are good to go. It seems to now have a DP that is contrary to that but many DPs are later than your test charge.

I cannot explain the discrepancy.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:59 pm
ogg

Multiple DPs exist that says Amex Business cards are good to go. It seems to now have a DP that is contrary to that but many DPs are later than your test charge.

AFAIK, all AmEx business cards stopped paying out any MRs or cashback on Simon Visa cards beginning last April. That includes purchases of the cards in malls, the online retail site run through giftcardmall.com, and the Simon corporate volume site. (Same goes for AmEx retail cards too.)

Perhaps you could link to those DPs that say otherwise, or at least tell us where you saw them.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
haha, ppl who regularly visit this FT site, should be aware to take chelski's comments with some reservations or not too seriously
Lmfaoay btw
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:28 am

I've been meaning to run another AMex test since it has been almost two months since I last tried. I'll do a small test charge on my Amex business gold card today or tomorrow and report back in a few days. It would be fantastic if it gives points.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:17 pm

even MR pts do post if any, Amex FR is more likely with SM purch
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Believe you confuse DPs from different types of purchases. May be those bought from office supply stores?

Originally Posted by ogg
AFAIK, all AmEx business cards stopped paying out any MRs or cashback on Simon Visa cards beginning last April. That includes purchases of the cards in malls, the online retail site run through giftcardmall.com, and the Simon corporate volume site. (Same goes for AmEx retail cards too.)

Perhaps you could link to those DPs that say otherwise, or at least tell us where you saw them.
Correct.

Originally Posted by danhouston
even MR pts do post if any, Amex FR is more likely with SM purch
It has not posted since long time ago, around the time Simon changed the daily limit.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Guys I'm actually wondering who's paying for the money in this game? Apparently not MoneyGram, Walmart, or the banks you deposit money orders. How can Simon be able to sell visa gift card at $1000 denomination but only charge $3.95 fee for processing? Doesn't Simon pay a dime to Visa/Mastercard/AMEX/Discover for transaction fee?
Old Dec 31, 2019, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by History05
Just out of curiosity, how many do people usually buy in one trip? I typically get 3, but a person in front of me the other day got 20-25
25. if only $500 them 50
Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by greatpaul
Guys I'm actually wondering who's paying for the money in this game? Apparently not MoneyGram, Walmart, or the banks you deposit money orders. How can Simon be able to sell visa gift card at $1000 denomination but only charge $3.95 fee for processing? Doesn't Simon pay a dime to Visa/Mastercard/AMEX/Discover for transaction fee?
my guess...it's a front for floating and tax write-offs....
Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:44 am

I thought this article was interesting

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-f...top-tier-malls

I keep wondering how much Simon is making off of gift cards. Also, worst case, how safe are the funds on the cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.