Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2020, 12:20 pm

In my experience the later in the day you try, the more errors you get.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by KwintSommer
I followed up today, no response from corporate and the local manager spoke to other VGC buyers and supposedly those buyers are not having any problems....
I am unimpressed. I'll followup tomorrow.
Spoke with the local mall today and they still do not have a formal response from corporate and they contend that I'm the only one who has experienced these issues.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 7:57 am

No problems so far with 4 cards from my recent order used at WM and Kroger for MOs.
littlewinglet and cuthroat like this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 10:47 am

Spoke with the local mall today and they still do not have a formal response from corporate and they contend that I'm the only one who has experienced these issues.
I've raised the issue with my local mall (last Wednesday) including a manager who does MS and has been having the same problem. He was coming to me to find out what was going on, I said, I'm not the guy you need to be asking.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 11:22 am

I experienced this problem with two $500 cards purchased at the Desert Hills Premium Outlets near Palm Springs, CA that I was trying to use to buy MOs at a WM in the San Fernando Valley. Tried running the cards a couple times then tried resetting the PIN and re-running the transaction, still errored out. Called the number on the back after returning home and the rep was less than helpful.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by shadow520
No problems so far with 4 cards from my recent order used at WM and Kroger for MOs.
I had 1 of 5 give error yesterday, and 2 of 5 give it today. In the end all cards worked after shuffling them around and doing a few attempts.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by msiamsia
Yesterday, 1st attempt ended in an error. Then the 2nd attempt on the same card success!
Experienced this today.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 11:34 pm

Does failed swipes count towards 4 swipes limit at WM? Because it looks like it does, after the 4th swipe. The whole transaction just cancel by itself. I been having problems some of my GCs. One card took 4 attempts to get it to go thru ...
Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:30 am

No.

But there is an eight swipe limit. You can fail x4 and be ok.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by benny08
Does failed swipes count towards 4 swipes limit at WM? Because it looks like it does, after the 4th swipe. The whole transaction just cancel by itself. I been having problems some of my GCs. One card took 4 attempts to get it to go thru ...
You can split payment 4 ways.
There is an 8 swipe limit, that includes all swipes, success or failure.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by benny08
ur in the wrong thread
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
2 SMGC cards errored out today

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
I had 1 of 5 give error yesterday, and 2 of 5 give it today. In the end all cards worked after shuffling them around and doing a few attempts.
For another data point, I went to couple of Walmart today. 2 1000$ (purchased at Simon Mall in southern CA) cards failed at both walmarts. Luckily I keep backup cards and they swiped fine. I bought 1 potato chip swiping each of the failed card and they went fine at the regular checkout line so not a problem with the mentioned cards. Came back home and checked online and balance showed the full 1000$ (minus the cost of potato chip).

Will try again tomorrow or next couple of days to see if the cards are going to be working again. With walmart cashiers being more and more vigilant, very annoying to have issues because last thing you want is them to say "may i see the card please!!).
Old Oct 19, 2020, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by ketelone
For another data point, I went to couple of Walmart today. 2 1000$ (purchased at Simon Mall in southern CA) cards failed at both walmarts. Luckily I keep backup cards and they swiped fine. I bought 1 potato chip swiping each of the failed card and they went fine at the regular checkout line so not a problem with the mentioned cards. Came back home and checked online and balance showed the full 1000$ (minus the cost of potato chip).

Will try again tomorrow or next couple of days to see if the cards are going to be working again. With walmart cashiers being more and more vigilant, very annoying to have issues because last thing you want is them to say "may i see the card please!!).
Did you only try each card once for the MOs? In my experience, they'll work on subsequent swipes.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by ketelone

I feel your pain. I hit up 3 WMs on Fri with my online-ordered 1ks. 1st WM, swipe was fine. 2nd WM, swipe was bad, re-swipe was fine. 3rd WM, swipe was bad, re-swipe was fine. Sat was more of the same. 1st WM, swipe was fine. 2nd WM, swipe was bad, re-swipe was fine. Checked cards when I got home and found nothing out of the ordinary.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 8:03 am

I have one card that is just persistent with error. Last week, failed twice (as in, on separate two days and each with multiple swipe). This morning, another error with 4 swipes. Cannot seem to rid of the error. I will try again. If it matters, this one was bought in-office at the Mall. Other cards bought at the same time from the Mall all worked on 1st or 2nd swipe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.