Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ValueAdd82
This is the thread about the Five Back Visa card for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon sells $500 5back metabank vgc. Read the Simon thread for more details. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1812413-simon-mall-gift-cards-2017-a.html

Simon- Check balance: https://www.simon.com/giftcard/card_balance.aspx
FB - Check balance: https://www.fivebackgift.com/

Best Participating Stores: See the participating list for more stores
CVS - No longer working
Kmart - No longer working
Staples & Staples.com - No longer working
Lowes - Limited to buying $200 cards - more fees to pay and more to liquidate

CVS exit rumors appear: 1/9/17
CVS removed from program 1/20/17
KMart exit rumors appear: 2/2/17
KMart removed from program 2/7/17
Staples exit rumors appear: 4/26/17
Staples removed from program: 4/30/17
Lowes exit rumors appear: 5/11/17
Print Wikipost

Five Back Visa Card(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:42 pm

I had a lot of double postings. Interestingly enough, there were others that posted twice but the second one was immediately reversed, so only got $25 on those. I couldn't figure any pattern as to why some got double.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
It has NOTHING to do with where the cards are sourced.

It has NOTHING to do with whether you call or not.

It is a system glitch when BlackHawk switched the system / platform that handles the posting of rebate during the early to mid December.

All my cards are from Simons. I have quite a number of double postings, all happened on Dec 14, except 2 on Dec 8.

I do agree on that statement.
OK, thanks for the info. Sounds like it was mostly a one-time window of opportunity that was still hit or miss.

I also had one card get the double dip reversed the same way as tempest347 described.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:08 pm

Is it bad luck or somebody else has the same experience? Used 13 FB at CVS(two different stores), all as debit except one. Cashback posted just for debit. It's been 2-8 days since i used Cards.
Is it ok to mention all 12 when I call at once?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:54 am

Can someone explain to me how the kmart billpay limits work? I've done a few billpays on certain cards then the system wouldn't allow any more, and I've done way more on other cards with no problem.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sausuma
Is it bad luck or somebody else has the same experience? Used 13 FB at CVS(two different stores), all as debit except one. Cashback posted just for debit. It's been 2-8 days since i used Cards.
Why would you want to do that? Wouldn't you want to only report the card that didn't get the credit?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by sausuma
It's been 2-8 days since i used Cards.
Originally Posted by tbradnc
Why would you want to do that? Wouldn't you want to only report the card that didn't get the credit?
I have been very patient with waiting for posting of rebates to my FB cards and for the most part, initial spends have been rebated within 48-72 hours. It has been the second spends where the rebates have failed to show up.

Today I called in and reported all the cards that were lacking rebates (over 48-72 hours) and the CSR did make note of all those cards in a single phone call.

So yes, you can report all of the cards that are lacking a rebate. Several of the cards that I called about did have the rebate posted and the CSR I was talking to told me that while we were taking care of the delinquent ones.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
I have been very patient with waiting for posting of rebates to my FB cards and for the most part, initial spends have been rebated within 48-72 hours. It has been the second spends where the rebates have failed to show up.

Today I called in and reported all the cards that were lacking rebates (over 48-72 hours) and the CSR did make note of all those cards in a single phone call.

So yes, you can report all of the cards that are lacking a rebate. Several of the cards that I called about did have the rebate posted and the CSR I was talking to told me that while we were taking care of the delinquent ones.
Save time report all at once. They don't care.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chelski
Save time report all at once. They don't care.
I misunderstood - I thought they were saying they used 12 cards and got credit on all but 1 and should they mention all 12 cards when they call instead of just the one that didn't get credit.

lol..
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by tempest347
Can someone explain to me how the kmart billpay limits work? I've done a few billpays on certain cards then the system wouldn't allow any more, and I've done way more on other cards with no problem.
I am curious as well. I have a Spark Capital One card and Citi card that I mainly use for bill pay there. The Citi goes through no problem however the Spark one sometimes doesn't work. There is some sort of error message the cashier gets after typing in the account number. It happened last night again and I gave them another Capital One card and it went through. Not sure why.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Sandybestdog
The Citi goes through no problem however the Spark one sometimes doesn't work.
I thought about doing B/P on my Citi cards but two of my friends got shut down last week and both of them think the culprit was b/p which they've been doing consistently for the past 3 months only. both have high CLs >20K, and they've been cycling up to 4x the last 2 yrs but since they started b/p....the hammer just dropped. I'll heed the warning, I'd like to keep my CitiDCs.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:32 pm

GCM has 5b for 5% off at the moment, but only up to $75. Keep an eye out to see if they restock the bigger ones.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Cable bill and cell phone bill. Rest I use for gas and lunch but my volume isn't anything like some others on here.

Originally Posted by xfisgsm
What have people been doing with their FB rebates short of spending them casually? I've already a whole year of my electric bill...
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
I loaded 20 cards onto a Costco card so I wouldn't have to carry so many around. I buy gas and other stuff at Costco so it will be no problem to spend it there. I think you can also load them into your Amazon account.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
I loaded 20 cards onto a Costco card so I wouldn't have to carry so many around. I buy gas and other stuff at Costco so it will be no problem to spend it there. I think you can also load them into your Amazon account.
that's my plan as well. how did you do that (with the multiple swipes)? at customer service desk or regular cashier checkout? for the latter, i m afraid i will hold up the line.

i believe costco autodrain, right?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:32 am

Yes Costco will autodrain.

I recently went to Costco and purchased $112 worth of items. I used five $25 FBs to pay for it. The Costco POS actually processes the cards pretty fast. So I did 5 cards and it went by really fast and I felt I didn't hold up the line at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.