Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ValueAdd82
This is the thread about the Five Back Visa card for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon sells $500 5back metabank vgc. Read the Simon thread for more details. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1812413-simon-mall-gift-cards-2017-a.html

Simon- Check balance: https://www.simon.com/giftcard/card_balance.aspx
FB - Check balance: https://www.fivebackgift.com/

Best Participating Stores: See the participating list for more stores
CVS - No longer working
Kmart - No longer working
Staples & Staples.com - No longer working
Lowes - Limited to buying $200 cards - more fees to pay and more to liquidate

CVS exit rumors appear: 1/9/17
CVS removed from program 1/20/17
KMart exit rumors appear: 2/2/17
KMart removed from program 2/7/17
Staples exit rumors appear: 4/26/17
Staples removed from program: 4/30/17
Lowes exit rumors appear: 5/11/17
Print Wikipost

Five Back Visa Card(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by alphakenny1
Yes Costco will autodrain.

I recently went to Costco and purchased $112 worth of items. I used five $25 FBs to pay for it. The Costco POS actually processes the cards pretty fast. So I did 5 cards and it went by really fast and I felt I didn't hold up the line at all.
ok great, thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:29 pm

At Simon Mall right now and manager said CVS will no longer participate as of Jan 20
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
At Simon Mall right now and manager said CVS will no longer participate as of Jan 20
RIP i also heard this RIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIPRIP
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:36 pm

Was told today by Simon CSR that CVS will stop participating on 5% CB effective TODAY. Not sure how accurate it is. Apparently an email has been sent to mall about this news this morning.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Originally Posted by lumangoy
I was about to post the same thing. I just left Simon Mall and they told me CVS was not going to be on the list anymore. I didn't get exact date though.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:45 pm

Let's get the date right folks. If they are not going to give us CB, then no point in ending up with few thousand worth of FBs.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Originally Posted by Gitangali
Let's get the date right folks. If they are not going to give us CB, then no point in ending up with few thousand worth of FBs.
I didn't get a date at all so the only date we have so far is January 20 from lumangoy.

Last edited by sanctified50; Jan 9, 2017 at 1:25 pm Reason: Misquoted
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by sanctified50
I didn't get a date at all so the only date we have so far is January 20 from spgbus.
spgbus said today.

my Simon said Jan. 20
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:38 pm

this is indeed very bad news, i am now stuck with 10 FB simon vgc.
Is staples include on the 5back list. i am thinking of buying some staples gift card.
thanks
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
My Simon told me effective today, CVS no longer pay out 5% for the FB. RIP.
I wish i knew about it a little bit longer. Did not start until mid Dec. Oh well...
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Peter_Ng
I wish i knew about it a little bit longer. Did not start until mid Dec. Oh well...
It still shows on the 5 Back site that CVS participates. Is it just the Simon version? Edit: I still see CVS as participating. At least we will be able to get credit for anything done today, lol.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Gitangali
hey why are we panicking?

as far as i know, worst case scenario, the 5B can still be liquidated like a normal SM metabank gebit in wally world, isnt it?

i know you wont get 5B, but it is not like you are stuck with something that cant be liquidated?

or am i mistaken
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Peter_Ng
I hope they are incorrect. I just unloaded 2 GCM FBs at CVS today. I will be keeping a close eye on the CB on these 2. I will probably stop by Simon later this afternoon and see what they say.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:17 pm

Does Lowes sell Onevanilla vgc upto $500?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
hey why are we panicking?

as far as i know, worst case scenario, the 5B can still be liquidated like a normal SM metabank gebit in wally world, isnt it?

i know you wont get 5B, but it is not like you are stuck with something that cant be liquidated?

or am i mistaken
I have liquidated at a local grocery store without getting the 5% for ease. I was looking for quick churn for another card and didnt care about the 5%.

So long as you used some 1% form of points or CB card, you break even, 2% or more, and your still in the green.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.