Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ValueAdd82
This is the thread about the Five Back Visa card for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon sells $500 5back metabank vgc. Read the Simon thread for more details. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1812413-simon-mall-gift-cards-2017-a.html

Simon- Check balance: https://www.simon.com/giftcard/card_balance.aspx
FB - Check balance: https://www.fivebackgift.com/

Best Participating Stores: See the participating list for more stores
CVS - No longer working
Kmart - No longer working
Staples & Staples.com - No longer working
Lowes - Limited to buying $200 cards - more fees to pay and more to liquidate

CVS exit rumors appear: 1/9/17
CVS removed from program 1/20/17
KMart exit rumors appear: 2/2/17
KMart removed from program 2/7/17
Staples exit rumors appear: 4/26/17
Staples removed from program: 4/30/17
Lowes exit rumors appear: 5/11/17
Print Wikipost

Five Back Visa Card(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by vagrants
And your point is?

http://imgur.com/a/aGEE6
Maybe yours hasn't posted because it says partially approved?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
Maybe yours hasn't posted because it says partially approved?
Partially approved means I split the transaction. The transaction has been posted and the partially approved status will never change.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

My point is that I've never called and have gotten 5% back 100% of the time.

It is interesting because since day one I've been a proponent of not calling and I always wind up in the same place as people who insist that calling is the only way to get things done when the 5% doesn't post.

This is my experience and the only datapoint I can truly confirm.

Last edited by tbradnc; Jan 7, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by tbradnc
My point is that I've never called and have gotten 5% back 100% of the time.

It is interesting because since day one I've been an outspoken proponent of not calling and I always wind up in the same place as people who insist that calling is the only way to get things done when the 5% doesn't post.

This is my experience and the only datapoint I can truly confirm.
If it works like that for you, that's great. I don't know why, but it's not going as you describe for me. I do wait a while before I call...sometimes more than a week, sometimes a week, sometimes 4 days, etc., etc.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

If it works like that for you, that's great. I don't know why, but it's not going as you describe for me. I do wait a while before I call...sometimes more than a week, sometimes a week, sometimes 4 days, etc., etc.
I think the longest I've waited is 10 days.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:50 pm

I have a card that did not post cashback after 11 days without calling (purchase at CVS 12/27/2016, called 12/31/2016, called again 1/06/2017 due to no cashback, cashback posted 1/07/2017). I do not think anything would have posted without calling. On the 12/31 call, I mentioned multiple cards, most of which received cashback a couple days later, but I had to call in a second time for 2 cards that didn't.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:59 pm

Here is the image of the auto-drain with the partially approved. When it works, it works fine....

http://imgur.com/ywJ0Rhx

and whoops, I apparently gave the URL for the account image or something for the 1st image....
Old Jan 7, 2017, 3:54 pm

Can anyone share their experiences with the double 5% posting. Is it GCM cards specifically or Simon FBs too? For my cards, about 1 in 8 GCM got the double posting but no Simon cards. I don't know if these odds are typical or if it had more to do with a specific range of dates of purchase. My double postings were all from cards I unloaded on 12/16. Also, I've never called in so these double postings were not from calling.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by dr_sharp
Can anyone share their experiences with the double 5% posting. Is it GCM cards specifically or Simon FBs too? For my cards, about 1 in 8 GCM got the double posting but no Simon cards. I don't know if these odds are typical or if it had more to do with a specific range of dates of purchase. My double postings were all from cards I unloaded on 12/16. Also, I've never called in so these double postings were not from calling.
Simon as well...but I hear that's been fixed now...I haven't seen any double since early/mid Dec....
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:22 pm

Snowed in tonight and just thinking...For those of you seeing CB after 7+ days, it could be that someone else called in to report missing CB at your store and once that store is fixed, it releases all other CB.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by FrankMS
Snowed in tonight and just thinking...For those of you seeing CB after 7+ days, it could be that someone else called in to report missing CB at your store and once that store is fixed, it releases all other CB.
If so, then I shouldn't be seeing a bunch of missing CBs...my Simon 5B shouldn't be stacking on the call in pile assuming fixing means from that point on error free....
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:53 pm

If so, then I shouldn't be seeing a bunch of missing CBs...my Simon 5B shouldn't be stacking on the call in pile assuming fixing means from that point on error free....
Like I said, just thinking. I'm clearly wrong.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by FrankMS
Like I said, just thinking. I'm clearly wrong.
It's not clear if you are wrong for me since I don't know how things work on the backbone end...in some cases, it might be how that works...

I don't even understand how this manual correction works assuming CVS is the one paying for the CB. the Blackhawk gets complain, they report to CVS and within the same day - 3 days, CVS pays or Blackhawk is paying for the missing CB and CVS pays later for the complained amount?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

No one truly knows what's behind this sketchy system. It's like trying to figure out Serve shutdowns.

I'm pretty sure they didn't mean to design in a way that would require someone call them to get the credit.

Last edited by tbradnc; Jan 7, 2017 at 5:58 pm
Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dr_sharp
It has NOTHING to do with where the cards are sourced.

It has NOTHING to do with whether you call or not.

It is a system glitch when BlackHawk switched the system / platform that handles the posting of rebate during the early to mid December.

All my cards are from Simons. I have quite a number of double postings, all happened on Dec 14, except 2 on Dec 8.

Originally Posted by tbradnc
I'm pretty sure they didn't mean to design in a way that would require someone call them to get the credit.
I do agree on that statement.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 7, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.