Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ValueAdd82
This is the thread about the Five Back Visa card for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon sells $500 5back metabank vgc. Read the Simon thread for more details. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1812413-simon-mall-gift-cards-2017-a.html

Simon- Check balance: https://www.simon.com/giftcard/card_balance.aspx
FB - Check balance: https://www.fivebackgift.com/

Best Participating Stores: See the participating list for more stores
CVS - No longer working
Kmart - No longer working
Staples & Staples.com - No longer working
Lowes - Limited to buying $200 cards - more fees to pay and more to liquidate

CVS exit rumors appear: 1/9/17
CVS removed from program 1/20/17
KMart exit rumors appear: 2/2/17
KMart removed from program 2/7/17
Staples exit rumors appear: 4/26/17
Staples removed from program: 4/30/17
Lowes exit rumors appear: 5/11/17
Print Wikipost

Five Back Visa Card(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by kleingordon
None of my FBs have a number in the back lower right corner! I called and filed a case for two of my cards by submitting the 16 digit card number.

The CSR said that it is indeed the merchant who refunds the 5%, so some stores (i.e. CVSs) may not be doing it correctly.
Looks like the number being referenced is on Simon red cards but not on GCM black cards.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kleingordon
None of my FBs have a number in the back lower right corner! I called and filed a case for two of my cards by submitting the 16 digit card number.

The CSR said that it is indeed the merchant who refunds the 5%, so some stores (i.e. CVSs) may not be doing it correctly.
I am convinced it is related to the store as the only non-posting cards I have had so far, all were used at one particular store.
Today at the end of the call I told the Blackhawk CSR today this particular issue and wanted her to pass along to whatever channel they used on customer feedback.
Back home from dining out, the rebates are manually posted. Last time this happened before New Year, someone actually called me back to inform me the rebates were now posted. This time no call but same quick action (a few hours after calling).
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I am convinced it is related to the store as the only non-posting cards I have had so far, all were used at one particular store.
Today at the end of the call I told the Blackhawk CSR today this particular issue and wanted her to pass along to whatever channel they used on customer feedback.
Back home from dining out, the rebates are manually posted. Last time this happened before New Year, someone actually called me back to inform me the rebates were now posted. This time no call but same quick action (a few hours after calling).
Mine actually come from two CVSs in my area, but I'm sure they're each the issue. Strange!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Interesting DP that seems to go contrary to my expectations. I used a batch of 4 FB cards at a CVS yesterday (i.e.<48hrs) -- one in a credit mode, the rest in debit. Now 3 cards already have a rebate, and one does not.
Similar experience here, only with 2 credit and 2 debit. The two $200 debits that were left with $.05 on them now have $10.05 as expected and the two credits that were drained remain at $0.00.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
I've been following this thread and reading all the Hamlet-like breast-beating. To call or not to call, that is the question.

The first few 5Bs that I used at our favorite drugstore credited within 48 hours. But now I've got cards used on 12/29, 12/30, 12/31, and 1/2 that are still waiting for the 5B. So at least I'm not the only one, and I'm guessing that there are others out there who are also waiting. I've been sitting tight but not calling. Perhaps today will be the day!
If you want the 5% call. Waiting doesn't help.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
Waiting has always worked for me. It's usually around a weekend/holiday that there's been a delay.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farwest101
Waiting has always worked for me. It's usually around a weekend/holiday that there's been a delay.
Me too: http://imgur.com/a/P3MmI

I had made the decision to call but in the end didn't need to.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tbradnc
Me too: http://imgur.com/a/P3MmI

I had made the decision to call but in the end didn't need to.
I'm going to have to call on one of mine. Strangely all of my 5% posted from transactions on 12/22 and 12/23 on 12/27, but the one from 12/24 has not posted at all despite them all being at the same CVS.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by financialhippie

ANyone have a favorite way to liquidate all these $25 cards?
Wine.... from CVS, even if you don't drink it, you always have a gift for any occasion : ). Stock up ! They have some to choose from and it's often on sale, plus you get 10% off for each 6 bottle purchase. Really a win-win for everybody. Cashiers are happy they make a good sale, CVS is happy you're shopping with them, and I'm really happy every evening, perhaps too much
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:32 pm

My Simon FBs were credited after just 24 hours. That's the fastest I've seen it. They were initially used as debits to our favorite drug store.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Chelski
Nothing earth shattering about the advise. One has to make a call when to call based on the information here. People have said that sometimes it takes a week. Calling within few days is waste of time.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DjRocket
Wine.... from CVS, even if you don't drink it, you always have a gift for any occasion : ). Stock up ! They have some to choose from and it's often on sale, plus you get 10% off for each 6 bottle purchase. Really a win-win for everybody. Cashiers are happy they make a good sale, CVS is happy you're shopping with them, and I'm really happy every evening, perhaps too much
I load mine to prepaids and toss them. I then pay a credit card bill with it.

I do shop at CVS because they're omnipresent here but I keep a few CVS gift cards to do that - they generally sell at SVM gift cards on eBay for $88 ($100 face value) when they're on sale - usually every month or so.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by tbradnc
I load mine to prepaids and toss them. I then pay a credit card bill with it.
what do you use, if i may ask? just curious what other low/no-fee prepaids are available besides serve and gb these days?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'm going to have to call on one of mine. Strangely all of my 5% posted from transactions on 12/22 and 12/23 on 12/27, but the one from 12/24 has not posted at all despite them all being at the same CVS.
I'd be willing to bet it eventually posts if you don't call though I know my opinion isn't universally accepted. Calling after 48 hours will get results but I still disagree with that approach and would prefer to wait at least a week.

I've got 8 cards left - all of them past 48 hours. I've already made a lot of money on this deal and I'm done and happy with my profits even with 8 cards hanging out there.

So.... I'm going to donate my last 8 cards to science and not call no matter what for 30 days to see if the money ever gets credited.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
what do you use, if i may ask? just curious what other low/no-fee prepaids are available besides serve and gb these days?
I've read some load them to netspend at HEB for no fee but I don't have experience with it. I'm sure there are other prepaids out there that people find on their own and keep mum owing to their fragile nature. IOW, for those who find them, they will not divulge to anyone to make it useful to them for the long run.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.