Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by skierinvermont
Does anybody think that it matters buying 1.5k vs 2k in one day .
varying size of purchase don't make any difference, 1.5k or 2K don't make differences, I think overpayment and over credit limits are getting people shutdown.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:35 am

Anyone know how to get more than $6k transferred in through Checking and/or savings? I opened up a savings account thinking it would bump up my limit. No dice. Is there a work around? Thx in advance.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by TravelingVeggies
Anyone know how to get more than $6k transferred in through Checking and/or savings? I opened up a savings account thinking it would bump up my limit. No dice. Is there a work around? Thx in advance.
6K is the limit.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
It is important in discussing these policies that we differentiate between pushing or pulling money into the account.

In answer to your question, look to see if you can push money from another checking account into your Wells Fargo account. The $6k limit is on WF pulls into the account. Your institution may not have that limitation.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:14 pm

You can try to "push". Also the 6k limit would go up, for example, 10k, after you have successfully "pulled" few times (don't know the exact number of trigger though).
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by usalibido
You can try to "push"..
I have pushed $12K one time, that result in holding the fund for 7 days.

also I find "pull" will get money to the account faster, normally come out "pending" the next business day 9:00am.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Has anyone cycled MORE than their credit line in 24 hours? If so, any issues from WF?

Example: credit line is $5000... You spend $5000... You transfer $5000 from WF checking to pay the pending charges.... You continue spending.

The above example assumes a balance of $0 so I'm not certain if WF would consider the $5k transfer an overpayment even though there would be $5k pending after the initial round of puchased.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
Has anyone cycled MORE than their credit line in 24 hours? If so, any issues from WF?

Example: credit line is $5000... You spend $5000... You transfer $5000 from WF checking to pay the pending charges.... You continue spending.

The above example assumes a balance of $0 so I'm not certain if WF would consider the $5k transfer an overpayment even though there would be $5k pending after the initial round of puchased.
You may get away with it ocasionally, but this is the only confirmed reason for a shutdown so far, and even CSRs warn against doing this so watch out.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:50 am

My card gets declined every time I try to make large purchases at grocery stores. I've called in about 10 times and had the reps try a fe different things, but mostly the same thing over and over again to reset the card, put notes of large purchases, remove fraud alerts and it still declines. I am considering calling and requesting a new card. Any other ideas what the problem might be
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by willhernandez
My card gets declined every time I try to make large purchases at grocery stores. I've called in about 10 times and had the reps try a fe different things, but mostly the same thing over and over again to reset the card, put notes of large purchases, remove fraud alerts and it still declines. I am considering calling and requesting a new card. Any other ideas what the problem might be
Next time you call, instruct the CSR to ask for additional verification questions and do a one-day lifting of the fraud alerts. They usually ask questions like "which of these addresses are associated with you?". Multiple choice stuff you'd find on credit monitoring sites.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:21 pm
xp0

Yes, No.
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid

Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
Had this happen. Just call. Tell them they were purchases and it was merchandise.

Had a friend who told them that they were buying gift cards to put their daily spend on so they could get 5x points on non category spend....nothing happened to them...but I don't recommend being this blatant.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:01 pm
formerly mattrendell27

thinking about applying for this card. anyone know if you have to have a checking account with WF before applying (or if having one increases chances of approval)? I noticed it said online that since I don't have a checking/savings account with WF I would have to apply in branch.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by mattrendell27
thinking about applying for this card. anyone know if you have to have a checking account with WF before applying (or if having one increases chances of approval)? I noticed it said online that since I don't have a checking/savings account with WF I would have to apply in branch.
I have a car loan with them, no bank accounts. I was instantly approved.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by mattrendell27
From everything I've read, you should have some kind of relationship with them to get approved. That could be a checking, savings, CD, car loan, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.