Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
and I forget whatelse
Hopefully you will remember by the ORD DO so you can spill the beans there.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thexfactor
It was only a matter of time.

MS'ers were occupying too much time at customer service loading multiple BBs, and getting 10-30K in MOs in a shot using split tender over and over.

They hogged up WM CS and there was no way WM was going to sit idly by.

I was in WM the other day and one shmuck monopolized a single cashier for more than an HOUR (he was there when I came and was there when I left... in the same spot while the line was 20 people deep).

WM ain't gonna stand for it. The end.
How do you know he was MSing, and how do you know the delay wasn't caused by the cashiers?

At my WM, the cashiers seem to enjoy doing 4-card-swipe MOs over the usual returns with no receipt and people wiring money and paying with stacks of $20s that need to be counted twice. I don't do BB loading or bill pay, so I don't know how much time they take, but my MO purchases are fast compared to the other transactions I see while waiting in line.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by QL_714
haha tis to laugh

I spilled not a darn thing at CLT!

Just tips on HOW to MS. No anything else. rather, what to watch out for

Old May 30, 2014, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
How do you know he was MSing, and how do you know the delay wasn't caused by the cashiers?
How do we know the sun will rise tomorrow.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
haha tis to laugh
Just tips on HOW to MS. No anything else. rather, what to watch out for
How to avoid AA is exposing information.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:47 pm

Unload 6 x $500 OV at WM, BB, Serve and MO, no problem with the workaround, gotta hit the "change payment" fast, if not cancel and re-swipe. In and out in less than 10 minutes.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:50 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by jc0726
Unload 6 x $500 OV at WM, BB, Serve and MO, no problem with the workaround, gotta hit the "change payment" fast, if not cancel and re-swipe. In and out in less than 10 minutes.
^ same here... no issues (just takes a little longer).
Old May 30, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How can you mend my broken card..

Oh, I feel a BJs MS tune coming on!

How to avoid AA is exposing information.
You have a point. HikerT said the same sort of thing. Anything talked about is stuff.

Well, I could NOT go to the DO... but my thinking, to be perfectly honest is like this:

I get talkin at these gigs.
People see that I may make a point about things like:

`we should be better stewards of MS
`we should do whatever it takes to prolong a deal not kills it
`we should stop just relying on the blogs and giving them money via CC links while they expose our deals
`we need to learn to be independent and learn MS without messing up so much and not get stores or clerks upset and changing policies because the stores are sick of whatever we do that makes them upset.

and stuff like that.

And that over time people might start thinking, hey, I heard or read what MM said. And I saw him in CLT or CHI. He made sense. We have to stop hurting this craft.

And then maybe just maybe enough people will believe in it themselves and we can in fact prolong this stuff regardless of whatever I say. And then I can say less.

Someone has to step up and help take these people to the other side of the river. I am going to try to do that and I seek nothing for it, just the ability to help prolong MS

So yeah, we have to yap about it for now... I am just trying to change the type of yapping from what it is now--which hurts MS--to at least something a bit better.

Make sense?
Old May 30, 2014, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by jc0726
Not fast, just faster than the CSR hits debit hard key (split payment info ok). Had a regular john wayne today and subtle hints of "you're beating me to it" weren't working. "You must be swiping your card to fast". Sigh.

I'll also note I did BB w/ SGC and MO w/ OV yesterday. OV required change payment and BB did not. Not sure which was the difference (OV vs SGC or BB vs MO).
Old May 30, 2014, 3:00 pm
jmw

MM, I have to wonder what you're going to do when you see Mr. Boxes and Arrows in the room at the ORD DO? Kick him out?
Old May 30, 2014, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you want to believe any little thing without verification, go ahead. I'm not that credulous.
Old May 30, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: Too many to list
workaround didn't work @ 2 different locations to me. Stuck with 20K worth of VRs
Old May 30, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
workaround didn't work @ 2 different locations to me. Stuck with 20K worth of VRs
VRs can be loaded online to BlueBird/Serve using vanillareload.com
Old May 30, 2014, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmw

MM, I have to wonder what you're going to do when you see Mr. Boxes and Arrows in the room at the ORD DO? Kick him out?
im going to be like bugs bunny and kiss him and then film it and when it goes viral he will do himself in lol
Old May 30, 2014, 3:39 pm

Debit Card not allowed for this transaction - WM

Just tried to purchase a Money Order at a WM in NH - Purchased 2 earlier in the week with my TD Buxx card - When I went to process it, the system came back with an error "Debit Card not allowed for this transaction", We tried again, same error - should I be following the same workaround for the Vanilla's??? Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.