Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx
Suckas like Maureen.

Maybe if she keeps trying over and over she will get a different result...
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by brc01
Only the top few blogs make mid six figures in commissions a year.

The other blogs make considerably less. There are only so many sheep, err readers out there.
well then you have other blogs like Travel Summary. He makes a few bucks on some clicks but nothing compared to the ones who have been doing this for a while.

But he is like many here in these threads. he shares the stuff to "be helpful to his friends" and wants attention and the prospect of somehow making some money off it. So he doesnt care at all if the words he says (like the posts in here) actually get noticed by anyone or they play a role in changing store policy. I mean they cant right? No one reads this. No one reads the little blogs, right? I must be selfish
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hamhead
I did the math.

Assuming his assumption was 100k miles generated per affiliate link, with 750 million miles generated, that is 7,500 credit card signups through his site.

At $50 per referral, that is $375k in payouts to him from CC companies.
Isn't 100k per affiliate link kinda high? Most CCs that the bloggers hawk are in the 40k-50k range. If you assumed 50k, that would be $750k

I've also heard (i.e. probably read on FT) that the commissions are much higher than $50 for some of the higher-end cards and biz cards, but don't know what those would be...
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Isn't 100k per affiliate link kinda high? Most CCs that the bloggers hawk are in the 40k-50k range. If you assumed 50k, that would be $750k

I've also heard (i.e. probably read on FT) that the commissions are much higher than $50 for some of the higher-end cards and biz cards, but don't know what those would be...
Yeah I was being conservative. I assumed that in his assumption that they thought those who signed up for the card kept it and continued to put spend on it (so 50k average bonus + 50k in spending).

But you may well be right.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Yeah I was being conservative. I assumed that in his assumption that they thought those who signed up for the card kept it and continued to put spend on it (so 50k average bonus + 50k in spending).

Ah, I see what you mean about miles generated being not just the signup bonus. Missed that the first time around.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond-IHG Plat-AA Gold
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber

Say you're both partly right; split it down the middle and call it $500K. Since 2008, that's pretty good haul.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Well, time to develop a different strategy.

Also, MMS is going to get burned.
I do not know why people say these things. Or the death of MS. I find it easy w/o Walmart to generate 25k MS a month w/o breaking much of a sweat and If really want to spend time with OV and the like have generated at least 45k a month.
I am in NYC, so who needs Walmart?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by jptravels4fun
I do not know why people say these things. Or the death of MS. I find it easy w/o Walmart to generate 25k MS a month w/o breaking much of a sweat and If really want to spend time with OV and the like have generated at least 45k a month.
I am in NYC, so who needs Walmart?
OK, but with or without Walmart, the 25-50k per month range is the easy stuff. It's pushing it over six figures a month that, for the likes of me, is the challenge.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by carpentry4thought
OK, but with or without Walmart, the 25-50k per month range is the easy stuff. It's pushing it over six figures a month that, for the likes of me, is the challenge.
How? mostly MO?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by kenshinluo
How? mostly MO?
Oh, I only discuss details on PM or email, after oaths of confidentiality. Info popping up on blogs right after it's worked out here is just too annoying now.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:34 pm

Oh, I only discuss details on PM or email, after oaths of confidentiality. Info popping up on blogs right after it's worked out here is just too annoying now.
I personally require a notarized blood oath.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:39 pm

I personally require a notarized blood oath.
Please PM me the info on that. Sounds like what this place needs. :-:
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:41 pm

Oh, I just buy 200 $500 OVs each month. Don't bother to do anything with them, they look nice.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054
Oh, I just buy 200 $500 OVs each month. Don't bother to do anything with them, they look nice.
Cool, cool. I like how they look, too. Can I have some of yours?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:03 pm

I commend your industrious personality. We all do what we are comfortable with and time we are willing to give up. Time spent is never regained.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.