Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by f0xx

So this guy waits until after 6-8 posts of HARD pushing of his CC links to finally post about this issue? I guess he wanted some more affiliate links before he had to cut the news.

EDIT:

If my comment doesn't post... You know he censors his posts.
Hope you're reading this thread!

I'm not going to go look to see if your comment posted or not. I don't want to give any extra traffic.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slickpokerdealer
There is no "debit" button anymore in the new software AFAIK.. It's just "card" button on the screen and the system thinks its credit card and runs it as credit causing failure and headache for us..
I noticed that on last Friday when I loaded 2 $500 VGC not issued by Bancorp at the MC with new machine. The yellow, red and green boxes no longer showing up on screen. Not sure if you can still use the button on the keypad though.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldtravels
Yes, you have the correct information. They are not related companies.

I wonder if WM stopped cashiering them for fear they may be left holding the bag in bankruptcy or restructuring.
As for the bancorp cards, basically WM's processing mechanism no longer works due to FDIC restriction on Bancorp's ability to initiate ACH transfer. WM is not going to reprogram its software to get its money the other way, i.e. via Visa network like with other cards.

WM itself could also be under pressure in the compliance requirements that as we all witnessed, could lead to billions of fine if the companies are proven being negligent. So while the prepaid card business is a lucrative one - for the intended purposes, it is a costly model when being used by MSers. (plus shady characters). WM may decide it does not want such business.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: Platinum Sky Pimp
Bow Tie for the win !!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:27 am

As of this morning the Metabank Visas are still working fine for money orders. No workarounds needed, just swipe and scurry away
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by subdawg
Yeah, the cashier didn't push anything as it led me through the same screens as normal (inputing PIN, selecting Debit, etc). Spit out the error at the end of everything. I tried it several times with how I normally do it, so it seems as if the MCs may be suffering the same fate as the vanillas. Just rinsed it via Evolve.
Did you check your load limit for the month and make sure you weren't going over?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by picards007
I noted two things: foxx, your comment was deleted. Also, the closing statement of his conclusion ("there’ll always be something new to help us meet credit card minimum spending requirements") reeks of the site being a thinly veiled credit card showroom.
Do you not see the post after this one? It's another post saying "HEY!!! Make sure you get on that SPG offer!!!!" USE MY LINXXXXX

Originally Posted by nuclfusion
Except he stated he used Staples GCs to load BBs. Why would an MSer start using Staples GCs to load BB with Kate? No self-respectin' MSer can stand in front of Kate for hours loading $200 GCs. I can't stand stepping foot in WM, let alone sit and load $500 GCs. He reads FT too, don't let him fool you. It's all about the affiliates. I'm surprised he even needs to MS to be honest.
I did the $200 dollar thing.... Yeah... No. Never again.
Of course he does or else he can't take pictures with cards in hand.

Originally Posted by Fuerza
Why did you post all this in the MO order thread?
Who knows.

Originally Posted by canyoncar
Went to this guy's blog...why TF does he link here more than once? Oh wait, that explains all the n00b posts here...lmao
They come from a multitude of places. DD, SD, FICOForums, CreditBoards, MilePoint etc etc. Not just from blogs.

Originally Posted by cruisr
What a phony Bow tie boy is. Remember when he was hawking the HIGC that had been under the radar. He tells his sheeple to get it and you can set a pin and viola shortly after they can't be used with a pin anymore. A whole bunch of sheep that jumped in were stuck with 1000's of value of these HIGC that they couldn't unload!
This is what happens when you follow someone that wears a bow tie vs a regular tie.

Originally Posted by silver6054
foXX comment is now posted
I noticed. He probably debated the decision hard.

Originally Posted by rharrigill
I'm not going to go look to see if your comment posted or not. I don't want to give any extra traffic.
That's what AdBlockers + Ghostery is for.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond-IHG Plat-AA Gold
Originally Posted by UserMark
As of this morning the Metabank Visas are still working fine for money orders. No workarounds needed, just swipe and scurry away
Nice! Thank you for the data point. ^
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
I can't stand MMS. I'm sure all his info just come from reading threads on here.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by cop35758
I can't stand MMS. I'm sure all his info just come from reading threads on here.
But for pure, um, something, read Frugal Travel Guy's self-congratulatory article (no mention of VGC BTW!): "When you add in the non-affiliate estimate, I feel safe in assuming that over 1 BILLION MILES have been generated for travel from readers of the Frugal Travel guy blog."

And a few cents for him
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Well, time to develop a different strategy.

Also, MMS is going to get burned.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by silver6054
But for pure, um, something, read Frugal Travel Guy's self-congratulatory article (no mention of VGC BTW!): "When you add in the non-affiliate estimate, I feel safe in assuming that over 1 BILLION MILES have been generated for travel from readers of the Frugal Travel guy blog."

And a few cents for him
I did the math.

Assuming his assumption was 100k miles generated per affiliate link, with 750 million miles generated, that is 7,500 credit card signups through his site.

At $50 per referral, that is $375k in payouts to him from CC companies.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by hamhead
I did the math.

Assuming his assumption was 100k miles generated per affiliate link, with 750 million miles generated, that is 7,500 credit card signups through his site.

At $50 per referral, that is $375k in payouts to him from CC companies.
why am i working
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Suckas like Maureen.

Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:34 pm

Only the top few blogs make mid six figures in commissions a year.

The other blogs make considerably less. There are only so many sheep, err readers out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.