Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
What are some good reliable Metabank GC that you and others would recommend?
The ones sold at grocery stores...
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxVO
What are some good reliable Metabank GC that you and others would recommend?
There are no reliable places. Many will only sell for cash so finding one that will sell with a CC may be a problem. They also have a higher fee than the Vanilla type.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS
Originally Posted by ninim2200
As an FYI, not all bancorp products are affected at wally, there is so much speculation here, i went to wally after reading all this about bancorp and used a different bancorp product yesterday and purchased MO and loaded my BB. its only OV and VG that are affected by this.
I had $2K of private label, non-Vanilla Visa gift cards issued by Bancorp/Incomm that didn't work at Walmart Thursday. I was draining $10K or more of the very same product at the WM MC every month.

I'd be very careful with any Bancorp products if your sole means of draining is WM. Buy a $50 card, and see if it works before you scale up.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by ceverett
I had $2K of private label, non-Vanilla Visa gift cards issued by Bancorp/Incomm that didn't work at Walmart Thursday. I was draining $10K or more of the very same product at the WM MC every month.

I'd be very careful with any Bancorp products if your sole means of draining is WM. Buy a $50 card, and see if it works before you scale up.
I'd stay away from all Bancorp products at this point.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by QL_714
The title of this thread is "MO Purchases using OV @ WM". This no longer works. Stop this nonsense and close this tread.
I AGREE but for all this technology we still get huffington post titles and most people dont add any input. we need a better way to control what is posted here or more mods to read more posts.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by kingrat
I AGREE but for all this technology we still get huffington post titles and most people dont add any input. we need a better way to control what is posted here or more mods to read more posts.
Change the title to "you CANNOT purchase MO using OV @ WM"
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Change the title to "you CANNOT purchase MO using OV @ WM"
I second this. ^^

It's a great idea because it's true.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:17 am

Barbara Walters used to have a show named For Women Only. People complained. So she changed the name to Not For Women Only. Beautiful solution!

Could you post the brand name of those cards so that others can avoid them now? Can't hurt you to reveal that info--they don't work any longer, right?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by commdiver
The ones sold at grocery stores...
Just a matter of time before grocery stores stop taking CC for large amount to MS. Went to a couple of them and half already says cash + debit only or the CC allowed is extremely low (< $500 per visit).
Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Nomoneyinmybank
Just a matter of time before grocery stores stop taking CC for large amount to MS. Went to a couple of them and half already says cash + debit only or the CC allowed is extremely low (< $500 per visit).
Why do you think theyd do that?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:20 am

A post on a blog now indicates that WM is requiring that the gift card have a name on it that matches ID. And that the other banks' cards aren't working anymore.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by Nolala
A post on a blog now indicates that WM is requiring that the gift card have a name on it that matches ID. And that the other banks' cards aren't working anymore.
So... You believe this blog?
You should know WM is a YMMV thing.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:31 am

I don't have any data one way or the other. Just thought it was worth reporting.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Originally Posted by f0xx
So... You believe this blog?
You should know WM is a YMMV thing.
Looks like the tide has really turned though. I never had a problem loading BB at WM with VGC, but today it failed totally. 10 attempts, selecting debit, entering PIN etc....

Looks like the staff have not yet caught up to the name on card aspect, but the end result is the same, no more reloading.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
[QUOTE=tanglin;23077986]Looks like the tide has really turned though. I never had a problem loading BB at WM with VGC, but today it failed totally. 10 attempts, selecting debit, entering PIN etc....

Looks like the staff have not yet caught up to the name on card aspect, but the end result is the same, no more reloading.[/

You seem surprised by this. It's been this way for days and it's been reported ad nauseum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.