Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:39 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.

So this guy waits until after 6-8 posts of HARD pushing of his CC links to finally post about this issue? I guess he wanted some more affiliate links before he had to cut the news.

EDIT:

If my comment doesn't post... You know he censors his posts.
Hope you're reading this thread!

Last edited by f0xx; Jun 23, 2014 at 3:47 am
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by f0xx

So this guy waits until after 6-8 posts of HARD pushing of his CC links to finally post about this issue? I guess he wanted some more affiliate links before he had to cut the news.

EDIT:

Took him long enough. The post makes him sound like he just found out too.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:57 am

Don't knock the guy. I learned from the post that you can no longer load Amazon cards on to your bluebird too.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I noted two things: foxx, your comment was deleted. Also, the closing statement of his conclusion ("there’ll always be something new to help us meet credit card minimum spending requirements") reeks of the site being a thinly veiled credit card showroom.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by ftomasze
Took him long enough. The post makes him sound like he just found out too.
Except he stated he used Staples GCs to load BBs. Why would an MSer start using Staples GCs to load BB with Kate? No self-respectin' MSer can stand in front of Kate for hours loading $200 GCs. I can't stand stepping foot in WM, let alone sit and load $500 GCs. He reads FT too, don't let him fool you. It's all about the affiliates. I'm surprised he even needs to MS to be honest.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:19 am

I'm not complaining. I'm glad he waited since it gave everyone here a chance to liquidate before the masses hit his recommended MO locations for the first time.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Why did you post all this in the MO order thread?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by subdawg
Yeah, the cashier didn't push anything as it led me through the same screens as normal (inputing PIN, selecting Debit, etc). Spit out the error at the end of everything. I tried it several times with how I normally do it, so it seems as if the MCs may be suffering the same fate as the vanillas. Just rinsed it via Evolve.
You've hit your 5k limit my friend
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:37 am

Went to this guy's blog...why TF does he link here more than once? Oh wait, that explains all the n00b posts here...lmao
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by picards007
I noted two things: foxx, your comment was deleted. Also, the closing statement of his conclusion ("there’ll always be something new to help us meet credit card minimum spending requirements") reeks of the site being a thinly veiled credit card showroom.
Not sure it was deleted, still being moderated. The first comment is similarly negative
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:26 am

If I ran FT, I would install a script that automatically bans people who come from MMS to FT. One can dream, right?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:28 am

EDIT:

MMS is a joke. I doubt he publishes your post. He is too busy paying for his vacations with his reader's money.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by commdiver
If I ran FT, I would install a script that automatically bans people who come from MMS to FT. One can dream, right?
It would be nice if all bloggers were banned from FT. Where would all the 'original content' come from?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium

EDIT:

What a phony Bow tie boy is. Remember when he was hawking the HIGC that had been under the radar. He tells his sheeple to get it and you can set a pin and viola shortly after they can't be used with a pin anymore. A whole bunch of sheep that jumped in were stuck with 1000's of value of these HIGC that they couldn't unload!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:27 am

foXX comment is now posted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.