Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MillenniumFlyer
I used attempted to use a Metabank card to buy MOs at WM and encountered the issue we've seen with Vanilla cards. It looks like liquidating at WM no longer works for these products. Anyone else have the same issue?
I used several today with no issue.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond-IHG Plat-AA Gold
Originally Posted by kjgco
I used several today with no issue.

Rinsed 2 from GCM at 4pm; business as usual for me.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond-IHG Plat-AA Gold
Originally Posted by hamhead
I personally require a notarized blood oath.

I'm a notary. Seriously.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:58 pm

I thought notaries had to be of good moral character. Does that not eliminate 99.99% of the people here?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by airstairfear
I thought notaries had to be of good moral character. Does that not eliminate 99.99% of the people here?
explain in great detail exactly how
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:39 pm

I used attempted to use a Metabank card to buy MOs at WM and encountered the issue we've seen with Vanilla cards. It looks like liquidating at WM no longer works for these products. Anyone else have the same issue?
worked fine for me as of today 4pm EST.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:42 pm

lol at all the leechers (well most of you) with irrational hatred of bloggers. All you guys are doing by mentioning Millionmilesecrets is giving him more traffic by people intrigued and checking him out.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:45 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by Domat
lol at all the leechers (well most of you) with irrational hatred of bloggers. All you guys are doing by mentioning Millionmilesecrets is giving him more traffic by people intrigued and checking him out.
agreed ^

folks who hate on bloggers, including the so called bloggers in this thread who go off on rants are the first to visit all the popular blogs everyday, keep track of em and pimp their own blogs in the comments while they're at it.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:53 pm

I had no problem with Staples or supermarket metabanks I loaded this afternoon.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
explain in great detail exactly how
- Hiding one's form of payment from view of a WM cashier, and being misleading (at best) if asked
- Fraudulently signing up for multiple AP/BB/etc accounts
- Playing games with address spellings to attempt to bypass online card purchase limits
- Structuring ATM billpay transactions. Hell arguably everything that takes place is structured.
- Dumping cards and signing up again, clearly not intended purpose of bonus
- Hiding unactivated reloads in the store somewhere so they can be retrieved later
- Blogger withholds important breaking news until he can monetize it, leaving poor housewife holding OV cards.

All sounds like the activities of perfectly upstanding citizens, does it not? That is just the way the game is played, but I'm afraid I won't be elected Pope anytime soon.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by airstairfear
- Hiding one's form of payment from view of a WM cashier, and being misleading (at best) if asked
- Fraudulently signing up for multiple AP/BB/etc accounts
- Playing games with address spellings to attempt to bypass online card purchase limits
- Structuring ATM billpay transactions. Hell arguably everything that takes place is structured.
- Dumping cards and signing up again, clearly not intended purpose of bonus
- Hiding unactivated reloads in the store somewhere so they can be retrieved later
- Blogger withholds important breaking news until he can monetize it, leaving poor housewife holding OV cards.

All sounds like the activities of perfectly upstanding citizens, does it not? That is just the way the game is played, but I'm afraid I won't be elected Pope anytime soon.
Just a few thoughts. Being deceptive about the form of payment, yah I don't like that one. I don't use Amazon, but I can tell you as long as you have permission to use someone else's BB, you can. It's in the T&Cs. Getting and dumping cards: clearly valuable to me and the card companies get money from every swipe I make, whether a bonus is involved or not. I'm not sure how you can structure ATM Billpay. Isn't the max per transaction $1000? Frankly, I'd imagine that structuring is unpopular around here. Any authority could see the money cycling on and off of one's cards, especially if you kept or copied the receipts. You'd be weirdly paranoid to be concerned about that while still moving a lot of money around. While I'm not a lawyer or your accountant, structuring is a waste of time and a no no. Bloggers: Don't get me started.

Last edited by carpentry4thought; Jun 23, 2014 at 8:09 pm
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by goblue77
worked fine for me as of today 4pm EST.
Please do not continue to post about what methods/cards are working.

Can't you all understand that WM and grocery chains monitor FT and we do not need to pinpoint what pitiful few things are still working.

The bloggers get almost all of their information here and rush to post it to entice more people into the game and make money with links to card sign -ups.

We are in a mode where we have to actually go to stores, websites and other sources ourselves and see what is working. Use PMs to help clear things up if needed and to share in private.

The new people coming here from the bloggers will have to get out and do the same thing. This not new....we did it in the past.
This is not intended to shut new people out....just to keep things open a little longer

I am not posting any information in the open any longer.
Hopefully others will follow along and keep the open posts free from current MS methods that are still working.

Amazed that everyone does not see what is happening.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by grayland
Please do not continue to post about what methods/cards are working.

Can't you all understand that WM and grocery chains monitor FT and we do not need to pinpoint what pitiful few things are still working.

The bloggers get almost all of their information here and rush to post it to entice more people into the game and make money with links to card sign -ups.

We are in a mode where we have to actually go to stores, websites and other sources ourselves and see what is working. Use PMs to help clear things up if needed and to share in private.

The new people coming here from the bloggers will have to get out and do the same thing. This not new....we did it in the past.
This is not intended to shut new people out....just to keep things open a little longer

I am not posting any information in the open any longer.
Hopefully others will follow along and keep the open posts free from current MS methods that are still working.

Amazed that everyone does not see what is happening.

Amazed that you sure this is what is happening.

But apart from that do you think it is wise to have hoards of people trying the same thing that fails over and over? Getting managers involved to try and figure out why this or that isn't working?

Much better to get the correct cards in people's hands that work. Cashier lines keep moving. Managers are not involved.

A much better plan if you ask me.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by Domat
Amazed that you sure this is what is happening.

But apart from that do you think it is wise to have hoards of people trying the same thing that fails over and over? Getting managers involved to try and figure out why this or that isn't working?

Much better to get the correct cards in people's hands that work. Cashier lines keep moving. Managers are not involved.

A much better plan if you ask me.
You can continue to do whatever you want. In my opinion that is not a plan..it is just a continuation of the downward spin of the MS forum over the past 10 months or so.

My opinion is that it would be better to let things cool off and settle down.
Maybe the "hoards of people" will find it too tough and get out of the game and we can get back to better times before the onslaught of the "hordes".

I am not trying to start an argument...just stating what I (and others) see as a major problem.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:43 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
your premise and thus conclusion are flawed... why do you think its the hordes vs. the big hitters that contribute to the downward spin of MS (unsubstantiated to boot, cause today we have more ops than ever before to MS)

you do realize corporations like WM thrive on masses/hordes/numbers rather than anomalies. what's gonna look more suspicious to WM analyst, think about it?

besides its a moot point, cause we dont know what is actually going on behind the scenes. the recent changes may have nothing to do with MS or even consumers and may completely be back-end related aka WMs issues with FDiC/ACH/Bancorp etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.