Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:16 pm

Confirmed today:

1. BP @ WM with OV is working again using the same Change Payment workaround in the WIKI. I tried the color system today.
2. OV is working at WM Kate for MO. Will test BB tomorrow.

Warning: the system is not stable currently. Tried 6 OVs with Kate, only 3 worked. The others got same Tender Offer or Not a Debit error.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Originally Posted by spgbus
Confirmed today:

1. BP @ WM with OV is working again using the same Change Payment workaround in the WIKI. I tried the color system today.

Warning: the system is not stable currently. Tried 6 OVs with Kate, only 3 worked. The others got same Tender Offer or Not a Debit error.
Great news!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:55 pm

amazingly awesome news...
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:07 pm

Confirmed today:

I suspect what you may have stumbled across is not that Wally World is suddenly taking OVs (though anything is possible), rather I suspect you have found a loophole where possibly some OVs slip past the current system. If I were you I'd take a close look at those cards which were accepted and those that weren't and see if you can figure out what the pattern is.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:29 pm

Confirmed today:

The Second Coming ?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:45 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
I suspect what you may have stumbled across is not that Wally World is suddenly taking OVs (though anything is possible), rather I suspect you have found a loophole where possibly some OVs slip past the current system. If I were you I'd take a close look at those cards which were accepted and those that weren't and see if you can figure out what the pattern is.
no. this has nothing to do with wally or even OV (specific type of card per se) ... WM is not petty as to half way 'block' functionality and leave workarounds if there objective was indeed to end DC for these transactions. hell OV still works for smaller amounts so its def not 'blocked' atleast not on WMs end.

the issue has always been with Bancorp and FDiC compliance. because of which the method due to which funds move about, in WMs case the cheapest option esp for larger transactions: free ACH pulls was blocked. but not just for WM, all ACH transactions for Bancorp issued products were (temp) suspended.

looks like perhaps the Big B might have course corrected and may be in good graces of the FDiC again.

@spgbus - thx for letting us know!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:11 pm

Took a few to 2 WMs this evening but ran into tender issues on both. One site has old POS no Kate and other was color with Kate. So much for getting hopes up :-(
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Almost hope this isn't true because I love flirting with the gorgeous girl that works the CS desk at my grocery store I get my MB VGCs from. It's a nice change from the trolls and old men that work at my local CVSs.

I would welcome the returned increase in my profit margin from the cheaper VGCs though.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by payeco
Almost hope this isn't true because I love flirting with the gorgeous girl that works the CS desk at my grocery store I get my MB VGCs from. It's a nice change from the trolls and old men that work at my local CVSs.

I would welcome the returned increase in my profit margin from the cheaper VGCs though.
Do you get a sense that she may not know you are just playing with OPM?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:16 am

what's MB (I get the VGC part)... I searched, but still can't figure out what MB stands for. thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by bigmouth2008
what's MB (I get the VGC part)... I searched, but still can't figure out what MB stands for. thanks!
metabank -- one of the gift card issuer.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:27 am

got you, thanks. should we delete our posts before getting yelled at?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by geclub1
Do you get a sense that she may not know you are just playing with OPM?
I don't know what she thinks and don't really care. I'm in a long term committed relationship and wouldn't do anything regardless. Doesn't mean it's not fun anyway.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:43 am
jk2

Did anybody try Vanilla MCs at WM for MO/BP?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Last night I went to WM to load my BB with my Metabank Travel card (that I've been using just fine) and a $500 VGC from a grocery store. I was told that no gift cards as debit are allowed due to a new policy and "American Express is cracking down". So, she didn't even let me attempt to use my VGC, but did let me try my Metabank Travel card. I swiped the card, entered my pin and then got the "tender not allowed" message.

I then asked if I could buy a MO since it was "American Express" that was cracking down and she declined to even allow me to attempt to buy a MO.

This is the WM that I go to on average 2-3 times a week all the time and this is the first that I've heard anything like this. This particular cashier has done this for me tens of times before, so she knows me.

I was told that this just happened in the past "week or so".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.