FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MO Purchases using OV @ WM
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:45 pm
FTR 787
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
I suspect what you may have stumbled across is not that Wally World is suddenly taking OVs (though anything is possible), rather I suspect you have found a loophole where possibly some OVs slip past the current system. If I were you I'd take a close look at those cards which were accepted and those that weren't and see if you can figure out what the pattern is.
no. this has nothing to do with wally or even OV (specific type of card per se) ... WM is not petty as to half way 'block' functionality and leave workarounds if there objective was indeed to end DC for these transactions. hell OV still works for smaller amounts so its def not 'blocked' atleast not on WMs end.

the issue has always been with Bancorp and FDiC compliance. because of which the method due to which funds move about, in WMs case the cheapest option esp for larger transactions: free ACH pulls was blocked. but not just for WM, all ACH transactions for Bancorp issued products were (temp) suspended.

looks like perhaps the Big B might have course corrected and may be in good graces of the FDiC again.

@spgbus - thx for letting us know!