Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Originally Posted by cruisr

You seem surprised by this. It's been this way for days and it's been reported ad nauseum.
Just got back home from a trip, found out the hard way after buying a 500 VGC.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by tanglin
Just got back home from a trip, found out the hard way after buying a 500 VGC.
I'm sorry to hear that. You may be the reason my cashiers were finicky today. I visited a WM in the area to unload and they were all complaining about money order/bill pays not working the entire day...

I can almost guarantee it was from MS'ers trying to use VGCs... Too bad you didn't have a chance to read before trying this.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:14 pm

Just found out a local store by my house allowed it. Only one in the area besides WM. Was Afraid I'll have to drive 45 min away...
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:24 pm

last 2 days, liquidated around 25k. Still holding 10k OVs. Without WM it is very tough to push volume.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by tanglin
Without WM it is very tough to push volume.
+1

I have about $5,000 left. I am just liquidating one at a time trying to build up some rep with the grocery stores so that in a few months, I might be able really push some volume through.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by commdiver
+1

I have about $5,000 left. I am just liquidating one at a time trying to build up some rep with the grocery stores so that in a few months, I might be able really push some volume through.
Better hurry, because those locations may soon be closed. I've already alerted my local stores and asked them to place limits on MOs and report suspicious behavior.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by st.exupery
Better hurry, because those locations may soon be closed. I've already alerted my local stores and asked them to place limits on MOs and report suspicious behavior.
Were they suspicious of your behavior? they won't listen to u, can't afford to loose a customer!
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by st.exupery
Put down the crack pipe, buddy.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by tech2011
last 2 days, liquidated around 25k. Still holding 10k OVs. Without WM it is very tough to push volume.
I did about $17k the past 2 days and am finally out of OV. Luckily we have a high concentration of various stores that allow MO purchases with debit.

May go pick up some more OVs tomorrow since the racks are full and do some more MO washing while the gettin' is good (and still allowed). I did discover a few more viable MS methods this weekend that are working quite well for me in case MO purchases die a quick death.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:04 pm

Anyone else notice that Bow Tie has not mentioned this yet? Probably a good sign. We have yet to spoonfeed him a workaround.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by bmrisko
I did about $17k the past 2 days and am finally out of OV. Luckily we have a high concentration of various stores that allow MO purchases with debit.

May go pick up some more OVs tomorrow since the racks are full and do some more MO washing while the gettin' is good (and still allowed). I did discover a few more viable MS methods this weekend that are working quite well for me in case MO purchases die a quick death.
Are U lucky or smart?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Are U lucky or smart?
I like to think I'm pretty smart.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Anyone else notice that Bow Tie has not mentioned this yet? Probably a good sign. We have yet to spoonfeed him a workaround.
Lol
Lets spoonfeed fake stuff
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
I think only two or three did.
Delta Points and another.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Lol
Lets spoonfeed fake stuff
Open wide, Emily

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.