Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by gbplesh
So FYI. In Chicago area literally just now, went to wmt to load some simon GC at Kate. While there thought I'd give VO one shot. I loaded 3/3 first try VO. Went to test cashier and loaded first try as well. All VO worked 1st swipe.

Oooh here we go again! Everyone will be trying if the OVs work at their WMs!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by ftomasze
You mean OV?
I think he made Kate drink some nice Cognac VO and got her drunk enough to make her take anything he was giving her.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by unkinected
I think he made Kate drink some nice Cognac VO and got her drunk enough to make her take anything he was giving her.
Being Walmart, it was more likely a bottle of this

Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Anyone experience this recently, I had this happen to me while loading at Kate this past Sunday. I asked in the BB thread but either the people there at the time didn't know or experience this....

Appreciate the responses
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Do Not flame me to bad but.. Have there been any recent software updates at Kate or walmart POS within the last two weeks? I had no issues loading cards two weeks ago but then went on vacation for a bit
Today though,..

When I came to load Kate she only only allowed me to load once at $500 before locking up. I first thought someone had been in there just before me but when I had come over to do subsequent loads the cashier said they have steadily been updating the system?
Anyway, before the system let me do anymore loads it asked me a bunch of personal information which I gave, was this the right thing to do? I know a lot of people say that once the information is in the system it won't bug me again? I know Wal-Mart has been doing updates, to there system ever since the beginning of the year so they may have just reached my store. Appreciate the info.
Ultimately I was able to load successfully though
PS
Its probably has been documented here already but if someone has to go through this and cashier doesn't know what to do when the system asks for DL country code, tell them to type USA and, press enter on the screen and not on the main terminal. Or opposite , I can't remember which. I learned from personal experience

Again thanks
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Looks like chipotle gift cards are working again too
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Do you buy them with beans, beans and more beans ?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
oh, not again
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:32 am

Just feed kate with some McDonald's. great
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:42 am

Haven't bought any cards in about a month. Went to CVS to buy PayPal myCash but the cashier said they were cash only. Have no idea if that is correct but was allowed to buy two OVs with CC instead. Was aware of the problems using OVs at WM but had no problem loading to Serve via Kate.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Confirmed smooth sailing at my upper midwest WM. Change payment trick still required, natch.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by JATR4
Haven't bought any cards in about a month. Went to CVS to buy PayPal myCash but the cashier said they were cash only. Have no idea if that is correct but was allowed to buy two OVs with CC instead. Was aware of the problems using OVs at WM but had no problem loading to Serve via Kate.
This should get moved to the CVS thread...but FWIW, Paypal my cash cards were on the list of supposedly cash only cards. Apparently they missed actually hardcoding that in the register, so you just need to find a cashier who doesn't read the memo or doesn't care.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by floressalicis
Apparently they missed actually hardcoding that in the register, so you just need to find a cashier who doesn't read the memo or doesn't care.
Fortunately, my area is runneth over in both!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

Are you talking about actual Chipotle restaurant gift cards or is this code for something?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by johnwmaher
Are you talking about actual Chipotle restaurant gift cards or is this code for something?
Just know that this ms forum has become as reliable in facts as wikipedia on a daily basis. We all must research on our own for verification. And, if a factoid ends up on a widely followed blog then realize that method won't last long and therefore will be an outdated factoid soon which will require the cc affiliate link blogger to correct/revise his newly found 'revelation'.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by zgrzfg
Just feed kate with some McDonald's. great
I'm lovin' it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.