Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:46 pm

Could this be an MSer exploiting our poor Kate?

WARNING: NSFW
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Try it and report back what happens
Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by jleonard
I've been fortunate to have a several working Kates in the area and the ability to get MOs without dealing with Walmart employees. My question is this: Is it safe to use the MOs to pay a CC directly or is it better to deposit in a bank acct and pay from there?
I have been using MOs to pay non-chase CC bills. I write the payee with a black sharpie across the ENTIRE payee line, so there is no chance of someone forging a different payee. I take a photo of the MO with an iPad so that I have a permanent record. I log all the MO info in a spreadsheet. I notate that I've paid the bill with a mo, and the mo number on the CC slip and take a photo of that also. In other words, I've communicated to anyone handling that MO that it has been documented to death. (I am not concerned with the post office -- just handlers.) About a week after mailing, I make sure that the payment has been credited.

Is it a lot of work? Yes. But It's what I need to do until I've built the bank/cu infrastructure to handle more MOs.

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
Are there people that are having some luck with OVs...loading about ~40% of the time like before? Or is it just some machines working 100%, and other 0%? The data on the last few pages seems to suggest it's all or nothing.
I have 2 Kates in my town. One works perfectly fine for loading Vanilla VGCs. The other one will only let me load in $20 denominations; if I try anything higher, I get the "debit not available" message.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by commdiver
Could this be an MSer exploiting our poor Kate?

WARNING: NSFW
Damnit I can't believe I made the news.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Thanks for the help.
Well I could have told you to use the search function and find your answer there, but I assumed you wanted your information spoon fed to you like everyone else that comes from BA/MMS blogs
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by snugglening
no luck in the cleveland area loading kate, using OV
You sure?....Did multiple Bill payments ,GB,HRB Rapid Reload using kate with OV and Simon GC with no problems last 2 days...
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:42 pm

Yeah, it sounds real clever. The only problem is that there doesn't seem to be any good way to get the FT search engines to produce good results for a combination of "mo" "pay" and "cc."

If I wanted to be spoonfed, I would have more than a handful of posts to my name. I only have six or seven because I've spent my time reading, researching, and trying things on my own.

But thanks a lot. When I finally have a question where I'm trying not to risk getting shut down by a credit card company, you really came through.

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Well I could have told you to use the search function and find your answer there, but I assumed you wanted your information spoon fed to you like everyone else that comes from BA/MMS blogs

Last edited by jleonard; Aug 27, 2014 at 10:43 pm Reason: grammar correction
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:45 pm

Thanks, Aleriem. I appreciate the help.

Originally Posted by Aleriem
I have been using MOs to pay non-chase CC bills. I write the payee with a black sharpie across the ENTIRE payee line, so there is no chance of someone forging a different payee. I take a photo of the MO with an iPad so that I have a permanent record. I log all the MO info in a spreadsheet. I notate that I've paid the bill with a mo, and the mo number on the CC slip and take a photo of that also. In other words, I've communicated to anyone handling that MO that it has been documented to death. (I am not concerned with the post office -- just handlers.) About a week after mailing, I make sure that the payment has been credited.

Is it a lot of work? Yes. But It's what I need to do until I've built the bank/cu infrastructure to handle more MOs.

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:30 pm

Yeah, it sounds real clever. The only problem is that there doesn't seem to be any good way to get the FT search engines to produce good results for a combination of "mo" "pay" and "cc."

If I wanted to be spoonfed, I would have more than a handful of posts to my name. I only have six or seven because I've spent my time reading, researching, and trying things on my own.

But thanks a lot. When I finally have a question where I'm trying not to risk getting shut down by a credit card company, you really came through.
Don't let them get to you. They've all been spoonfed methods and tactics. It's just a matter of doing it away from the scrutiny of the open forum. In other words, try using the PM function.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:32 am

Google is your friend:

https://www.google.com/#q=site:flyer...e+mo+to+pay+cc
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:36 am

Send me your receipts
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by toxicity
Damnit I can't believe I made the news.
Was he / you expecting payment from the ATM for providing "favours" ?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by ZzzzX
....And if you believe any amount of MS posted in here, I have this bridge for sale....
Bridges are designed, contracted, started, and finished on a fairly regular basis. One fraudulent bridge episode does not all other bridges invalidate.

I know people who hit 6 figures. Right around that time they (or their SO) have a serious discussion about time commitment and payout, as even the lower end of decently thought out MS processes yields attractive per hour earnings once you net out fuel and other expenses.

Gotta make hay while the sun shines.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Volodath
Bridges are designed, contracted, started, and finished on a fairly regular basis. One fraudulent bridge episode does not all other bridges invalidate.

I know people who hit 6 figures. Right around that time they (or their SO) have a serious discussion about time commitment and payout, as even the lower end of decently thought out MS processes yields attractive per hour earnings once you net out fuel and other expenses.

Gotta make hay while the sun shines.
I can't imagine hitting 6 figures. I regularly do $20-30k/month pretty easily, but my goal is cashback. I can't imagine what I'd have to do to triple (or more) that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.