Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond-IHG Plat-AA Gold
Originally Posted by luchex
well, our next vacation is at stake here. You should take more seriously this. It could easily be the MS apocalysis mayans predicted in their calendar
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
We're all doomed. MS is over.

It IS the "Mayan MS Apocalysis"!!!
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by johnnybebrave
So it looks like this effectively is not an option for MS anymore...

There's GC--> MO's which has always worked, and using Bigcrumbs, Metabank, etc.

Anyone have a new way to MS or are we all screwed other than the above?

Yesterday I had to pull my son out of college because OV at Walmarts don't work anymore and I can't afford infiinitely rising tuitions. Bancorp/Walmart have shattered a kid's dream I hope they are happy.....

P.S. I don't have a kid and was bored.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Originally Posted by BigB985
Yesterday I had to pull my son out of college because OV at Walmarts don't work anymore and I can't afford infiinitely rising tuitions. Bancorp/Walmart have shattered a kid's dream I hope they are happy.....

^
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by BigB985
It is never too late

Last edited by Alcibiades; Jun 20, 2014 at 12:45 pm
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
It is never too late
Cure for boredom
I'm kind of glad the "most readily available" WM avenue is dead...my eyes won't have to endure the torture anymore. I swear I've seen people there who are straight from the site.

Last edited by bmrisko; Jun 20, 2014 at 12:55 pm
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:47 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by myc2004
... prevent someone with a May or June 2014 join date to simply read the first few posts and dive into MS.

With having work arounds or information coded, a newbie has to do a little more reading and searching before committing to actions required for MS.
Excellent idea!
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by kiltedflyer
It IS the "Mayan MS Apocalysis"!!!
well not quite. If Bancorp get their act toguether (meaning :if they can hide their shity numbers and find another way to inflate them) FDIC would lift the block. But the most likely is that they wont and Bancorp will be bought by cannibal Chase, the bank devourer.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:52 pm

I assure you that as these common heavily used schemes run dry, the new ones will not go public by anyone that currently uses them for high volumes. Less and less new threads about new avenues and more and more people on here talking about the same stuff over and over arguing over who killed what deal. Nobody that has any smarts will willing give their secrets out to the public so everyone swarms like maggots until there is nothing left for anyone.

It will be really funny when the bloggers have nothing to write about anymore unless they are willing to divulge their own secrets.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:53 pm

Is AP affected too? My guess is NO since they probably process as credit. Just looking for confirmation.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond-IHG Plat-AA Gold
well not quite. If Bancorp get their act toguether (meaning :if they can hide their shity numbers and find another way to inflate them) FDIC would lift the block. But the most likely is that they wont and Bancorp will be bought by cannibal Chase, the bank devourer.

right. hey, you said it first.

and my post was purely tongue-in-cheek.

Last edited by kiltedflyer; Jun 20, 2014 at 1:04 pm
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by bmrisko
I'm kind of glad the WM avenue is dead...my eyes won't have to endure the torture anymore. I swear I've seen people there who are straight from the site.
bad news for you.
FDIC didn't block Black Hawk. I think you have a OV centered view of reality. There's more than OV in the world.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
I assure you that as these common heavily used schemes run dry, the new ones will not go public by anyone that currently uses them for high volumes. Less and less new threads about new avenues and more and more people on here talking about the same stuff over and over arguing over who killed what deal. Nobody that has any smarts will willing give their secrets out to the public so everyone swarms like maggots until there is nothing left for anyone.

It will be really funny when the bloggers have nothing to write about anymore unless they are willing to divulge their own secrets.
The new schemes will be disclosed by inexperienced public. Higc is a good example. History teaches nothing.
Even now people can't stop put to wikies what still not shutdown yet. Hilarious.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:58 pm

bad news for you.
FDIC didn't block Black Hawk. I think you have a OV centered view of reality. There's more than OV in the world.
I edited my post to clarify...check it out. Yes, there are other cards to be used at WM, but OV for me was the easiest to find and purchase w/o hassle in my area. I have other avenues that don't involve WM for the time being.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by pier11
The new schemes will be disclosed by inexperienced public. Higc is a good example. History teaches nothing.
Even now people can't stop put to wikies what still not shutdown yet. Hilarious.
True true.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:02 pm

if Bancorp gets bought by another financial institution with more capital and good balance sheet, hopefully wally and the SEC will allow them to continue doing business as usual. Or better yet, our friendly pharmacy store drop them as their primary gc supplier and stock competitors vgcs. I'm hoping for the latter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.