Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by FTRox87
wrong. stores get a %age of the total value 'loaded' ... one of the reasons CVS raised their limits to $5k/day.
nope
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Fuerza
The demise of CVS should have been the first warning for everyone.

Walmart shutting down is a major blow! For the new kids Putting all you MS in one product is bad business, period. Depending on one outlet to clear your stock is really bad business. Good luck, and to be honest I hope those guys figure out a solution.
indeed.
although for me, I began to see the writing on the wall wayyyy back when the first PIN on GCs post was put into FT in April of last year. I recall being at a store at 7am on April 1 buying a GC and getting a ticket printed out that said the card now had a PIN on it. I then remember the first day I saw that thread. I figured, Ok, we gotta work FAST because this will die. I give it a year.

Now, a year later... here we are. One of the bigger places for this is dead.

When blogs started posting the steps, and more and more people started to join in, and then you hear stories of clerks who wanna know what people are doing and people are telling them... well, the end was coming when it started.

The good news is this stuff is getting to the point where only those who are really into it for big hauls and heavy hitting and commitment will be able to survive. It is no longer for the casual and light hearted user.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Fuerza
I'm actually mildly entertained by the comments of I bought $10-$20k dollars worth of OV and now I'm stuck. Lol
I haven't seen anyone on FT say they are stuck yet...
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:53 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
The good news is this stuff is getting to the point where only those who are really into it for big hauls and heavy hitting and commitment will be able to survive. It is no longer for the casual and light hearted user.
you do realize how stupid this sounds right?

thats the exact attitude that kills deals, instead of prolonging em which is what you're after. you go off on rants about being a good steward of MS, but the biggest rule folks forget is getting too greedy.

heavy hitting is what kills deals. no amount of small time noobies even show up on the radar of a corp as big as WM. its the ppl who treat MS like a job and run 7 or even 8 figures thru one place like WM that grabs someones attention. since its nearly impossible for them to track and ban anonymous GCs for one or few users, they are forced to turn off the tap for everyone using those products.

Last edited by FTR 787; Jun 19, 2014 at 8:58 pm
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:54 pm

So funny - I went to my local area WM and happily bought my MO.

However, before that happened I was of course, waiting in line! The line was long NOT because of folks returning stuff, nope! Because of folks needing to cancel large BP and MO that keep on failing! There were guys with STACKS I MEANS STACKS of cards and saying - wow this dos not work , I wonder why!

I was freaking out and then it hit me, WM is ingeniously diabolical! They knew that they could not roll out all the changes at once, so they took out the low hanging fruit - the largest problem child - OV! Then they knew that the cashiers, even if they are nice will quickly become bothered and annoyed and start shutting LL the cards down no matter what - otherwise, they will have lines and lines of people screwing up the MC!

GENIUS in all the wrong ways! I tried to explain it to them, but seriously - this is not their job, to know which cards work and which do not! So, in the end, with one shot across the bow, they have started taking out the good, the bad, and the ugly - give them props!

As I approached, all the folks know me there, they said the cards do not work. I said, no they do but you need to know what you are doing!

Again, I tried to explain it - but who knows if in the end, even the open minded and nice MC will die, NOT because of GC Nazi-ism but rather because of plain survival!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:58 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by raccah
So funny - I went to my local area WM and happily bought my MO.
MO amount? method of payment? splits?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87
MO amount? method of payment? splits?
All like normal is you have the good cards - there are at least three out there still - I think
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx
Look close, there is two.
I was going to add more arrows... But I suck using a trackpad.

lol Thought I'd add a little kick to it.
It's not as professional as MMS's though.
To compete, you will need a picture of Emily pointing to it.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:04 pm

It was in the wiki earlier but has been removed. Are all other brands that worked before still working (i.e. just Vanilla is gone) or have Meta, SGC, etc been affected too?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by bu08usc11
It was in the wiki earlier but has been removed. Are all other brands that worked before still working (i.e. just Vanilla is gone) or have Meta, SGC, etc been affected too?
Dude - not to be a jerk, but do what I did, go buy the cards and test it out. OF COURSE ONLY do that IAOI you have at least two or three other routes to unload them!!!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:06 pm

Dude - not to be a jerk, but do what I did, go buy the cards and test it out. OF COURSE ONLY do that IAOI you have at least two or three other routes to unload them!!!
Well it is being a jerk. But that's ok.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by bmrisko
I haven't seen anyone on FT say they are stuck yet...
They may not be posting here. If there are people out there who bought into the whole rainbows and unicorns philosophy that they too can travel big with small money or whatever bs a blogger is spewing and jumped in large, they are out there. The one thing you need is to be able to float, if absolutely necessary, the money OOP for a while. I am afraid some cannot. They go and buy 5 or 10 k worth of product and can't unload it. The rent is due and they can't find a place to score a MO. Yeah, it's sounds like a deal gone south and that's exactly what is if if you don't know the rules and play by the rules.

I am sure that more then a few are getting burned now.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by bu08usc11
Well it is being a jerk. But that's ok.
First: Do you have other routes or not? If not do not take chances. Two, if you do (which is NOT hard there are many options on the main page), READ this thread from HELL and at least two options if not more are PLAINLY written! No need to have a wiki if you are willing to go back 30 pages in this thread and read from there forward.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
indeed.
although for me, I began to see the writing on the wall wayyyy back when the first PIN on GCs post was put into FT in April of last year. I recall being at a store at 7am on April 1 buying a GC and getting a ticket printed out that said the card now had a PIN on it. I then remember the first day I saw that thread. I figured, Ok, we gotta work FAST because this will die. I give it a year.

Now, a year later... here we are. One of the bigger places for this is dead.

When blogs started posting the steps, and more and more people started to join in, and then you hear stories of clerks who wanna know what people are doing and people are telling them... well, the end was coming when it started.

I'm relatively new to this, but I think I'm starting to see the picture.

To me, MS is all about exploiting loopholes, which share a common lifecycle: discovery, popularization, overexertion, and death. The arrows and circles simply exacerbate the process.

The only way for loopholes to survive is to keep them under the radar, which is impossible in the current environment, hence most good deals have a short life.

The key, like you said, is to stay ahead of the game.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:17 pm

First: Do you have other routes or not? If not do not take chances. Two, if you do (which is NOT hard there are many options on the main page), READ this thread from HELL and at least two options if not more are PLAINLY written! No need to have a wiki if you are willing to go back 30 pages in this thread and read from there forward.
That's the point of the wiki.

I have 4 options other than Wal-Mart. That's not the point. The point is that the wiki explicitly said Meta, SGC, etc were unaffected but that has been removed. The question was whether that was because they are now affected or because someone mistakenly deleted it.

How about you go test them out for me and report back. I'd appreciate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.