FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MO Purchases using OV @ WM
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:17 pm
italdesign

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
indeed.
although for me, I began to see the writing on the wall wayyyy back when the first PIN on GCs post was put into FT in April of last year. I recall being at a store at 7am on April 1 buying a GC and getting a ticket printed out that said the card now had a PIN on it. I then remember the first day I saw that thread. I figured, Ok, we gotta work FAST because this will die. I give it a year.

Now, a year later... here we are. One of the bigger places for this is dead.

When blogs started posting the steps, and more and more people started to join in, and then you hear stories of clerks who wanna know what people are doing and people are telling them... well, the end was coming when it started.

The good news is this stuff is getting to the point where only those who are really into it for big hauls and heavy hitting and commitment will be able to survive. It is no longer for the casual and light hearted user.
I'm relatively new to this, but I think I'm starting to see the picture.

To me, MS is all about exploiting loopholes, which share a common lifecycle: discovery, popularization, overexertion, and death. The arrows and circles simply exacerbate the process.

The only way for loopholes to survive is to keep them under the radar, which is impossible in the current environment, hence most good deals have a short life.

The key, like you said, is to stay ahead of the game.