Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by commdiver
I wonder how much a license from Moneygram or Western Union costs. What if one of us opened an MO service? Charge $1 per MO and only do MOs for MSers
Haha now you're thinking.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
The key people is that we all just shut the F up.

I am certain the Bancorp people and others read the blogs and threads like these.

I am certain that when they do, they sit there and figure out what we figure out and quietly and smugly thank us all for babbling it out in here.

If we want to continue this craft we need to stop talking about it so much. It needs to be more in code, more underground, more in PMs and emails and less in public with specifics. I have been saying this for a long time in many places but many people just keep on blabbering thinking, nahhhh it cant be! MMs crazy!

And then things die and they are like, gee, I wonder why that happened?

Alternative cards and places to burn them should also NOT be talked about or else those too will go away.

I am serious and if people doubt me, those people are naive and wrong.

Bancorp makes money on people who use their products for many small transactions. What we do, while perfectly legitimate, renders only ONE transaction. The minute you buy the card and put a certain highest amount on it, they know what you are going to do, and they don't like it. I do not like how they operate but that's what they do. It's their model. And what we do is against this so they want to stop it.

They will eventually get to the other places that are alternates to WMT and then you will see the same thing happening there. Slowly it will take place. mark my words. Sure, the PIN feature will be available but you wont be able to use it anywhere we need to use it for what we need to use it for.

We have to put a stop to the yapping in this thread, the CVS one and the PIN available one.

Cant anyone see the correlation between our increased traffic on these threads and the decline of use of these cards?

Did the giant Bancorp have a conversation with the giant Wmt? I have no idea. No clue if that's even doable or if both sides would cooperate. But something happened and now the result is you cant use this product like you used to do.

We have to do whatever it takes to prolong our craft and do less of what it is that makes it fall apart.

The choice is all of ours.
We have all been guilty--myself included.

We must stop!
NOW
Thank you MM...I completely 100% agree. Things were so much better when things were discussed in code before the MS forum was created. Like using 'paper products' and such instead of just blabbing it openly. Make it to easy and everyone can easily jump on the bandwagon. However, make it harder to figure out and only the truly dedicated will put in the effort and deals will last much longer.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by TheGreatMongo
whats the debit fee associated with each swipe.
What is the labor fee to track down issues when they occur between the card holder and the bank.

What is the data tracking requirements?

What is the labor cost to run/manage a business?

What are the costs for business insurance and taxes?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by ZzzzX
Ha. Maybe the wife just prefers the ladies.
She does love 'em, but wouldn't say prefers. She's been with me for over 16 years and well over 100 ladies and hasn't left met yet, so I am not to worried
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:44 pm

A Plea

Originally Posted by Furyleader
hi i work for walmart IT and currently drinking coffee refreshing the thread.
Please, tell us what you want from us... we're getting pretty desperate and starting to turn on one another...You may have broken us as a family, but I'm afraid in your so doing, you may create the environment where each of us becomes an individually highly trained MSer, from having to break away from our community and strengthening our abilities more underground (we'll each become like a batman if you will) And it will be much more difficult to keep us at bay... I think maybe we can reach an agreement. bring OV back online please and it won't have to get all Jumpin Jehosaphats at Wally World.

Last edited by PointSmith; Jun 19, 2014 at 3:57 pm
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Originally Posted by toxicity
Simple except not quite accurate
Let's do it. I've never edited a wiki before.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: US/AA, UA, AS, BA, IHG, HGP
Originally Posted by PointSmith
we'll each become like a batman if you will
I am The Batman.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:47 pm

whats the debit fee associated with each swipe.
21+ cents
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:56 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by commdiver
So, if we PM you, you will not post it on your blog, right? lol C'mon, man...
A. I haven't posted in forever... and B. I don't write up about these types of MS possibilities. If it was a widely known item that would be one thing... but I am not going to jeopardize my own abilities.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by freeloader
my comment was sorta tongue in cheek, i applaud how you carry yourself and i'm a huge fan of your work! (we met at last decembers bostonDo btw, i'm the downton abbey guy if you remember)

on an aside though, i'm guessing this is NOT the speech that ppl signing up for your session are expecting. The VAST majority of them will be expecting circles and arrows and secrets and techniques.
Originally Posted by ashap
Haha now you're thinking.
Ive thought of doing this for years
Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
We should get rid of anything that anyone claims without any proof kills anything. That's the only hysterical way to do it.
Making jokes about it kills it faster. Come on man, you know this...
Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:14 pm

time for another MM poem/song to increase morale.
You,
Doin' that thing you do,
Breaking my heart into a million pieces,
Like you always do
And you,
Don't mean to be cruel,
You never even knew about the heartache,
I've been going through
Well I try and try to forget you girl,
But it's just so hard to do,
Every time you do that thing you do
Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Ive thought of doing this for years
There was some retarded multipage thought experiment over on FWF awhile back about buying a Subway for similar purposes iirc. You can't say (some) people don't think outside the box...
Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
The MS quiz. To weed out those who just shouldnt even do this stuff any longer:

1) You find a new store chain that takes debit to get MOs. What do you do now?

a) you are a blogger who gets $$ for affiliate links. So you tell everybody so you can JUST HELP PEOPLE and you out the entire thing cuz who the F cares! You are getting paid, right?
b) keep that sh*t freakin quiet man. Like you only tell your SO or your brother.
c) tell everyone in FT cuz hey that's how you get friends online, right? Good karma and all. And hey iti's a bit like facebook only for my cute miles hobby, guys!
d) go in there and burn like 100 cards in a week and then wonder why the manager shut you down and stopped the ability to use debit.

2) You find a workaround for an issue that has baffled you and others for a long time. What do you do?

a) tell those other trusted people.
b) post it on FT and on all the blogs. Tell the WSJ in an interview.
c) tell the clerks and managers at the stores about it because hey, they are really nice to you and all so they wont care!
d) all of the above.

3) You get a call from a bank asking you what these large deposits are for. Namely the MOs. What do you think now?

a) oh it's just a nice friendly call. Carry on.
b) you are done. That was a warning. Stop using that bank for this.
c) do it harder. F them.
d) go to the manager and show them how MS works and maybe they will let you keep it up as you have been.

4) your neighbor or someone in the office or at the local pizza shop or in church wants to know how you travel so much. So what do you do?

a) start a blog about it because that's the best way to explain it all, make it all look and read clean and clear, and hey no one will see it except them anyway, right?
b) tell them at parties and become ostracized for being weird. Your SO even thinks you are weird now.
c) show them how to MS but then if they F up they will blame you for that bank shut down and all the funds held with Green Dot.
d) don't tell your F'in neighbors and friends unless they are already into this stuff anyway.

5) a deal dies or changes drastically. It's all over FT and then the blogs. Your email lights up like a Xmas tree. Everyone is scrambling. What do you do now?

a) hit it as hard as you can now while you can and where you still can. This sh*t's gonna die sooner than we think!
b) get on FT and whine about it and then post all the alternatives with hopes that it will absolve what is in YOUR head but not realizing that everything we say on here can and will be searchable by those who change these things anyway.
c) learn to drive or fly to other destinations to get MS done. You have to leave your comfort zone.
d) a&c
e) I am not answering on the grounds it may incriminate me.
And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for
But nine, nine, nine for the lost gods
Ten, ten, ten, ten for everything, everything, everything!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: US/AA, UA, AS, BA, IHG, HGP
B's get degrees, or something like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.