Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:31 am

Are there particular banks / GCs that work better than OV for loading w/ minimal swipes?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by ZzzzX
Why not give it a break for a few days? It's not as though Walmart is going to close up. Personally, I am calling them dead.
Agree with this. They were probably only temporarily working due to a glitch in the system, which is now fixed again.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by mandj
Are there particular banks / GCs that work better than OV for loading w/ minimal swipes?
Anything other than Vanilla.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by ZzzzX
Anything other than Vanilla.
chocolate or strawberry will work, in other words, any Visa GC not a vanilla
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:58 am

so far, all my meta GCs worked smoothly at Kate in one swipe.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
so far, all my meta GCs worked smoothly at Kate in one swipe.
Basic Question When I look at the MC / Visa Gift cards on the racks, I cannot read where it says Metabank. How do you figure that out ?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TRVLUPGD
Basic Question When I look at the MC / Visa Gift cards on the racks, I cannot read where it says Metabank. How do you figure that out ?
On the back cover in the fine print it will say "This card issued by MetaBank, Member FDIC"
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:44 am

Tried to purchase MOs and bill pay again with OVs with no luck, so this is the 2nd day in a row that these OVs have stopped working, there's a chance that they've fixed the glitch already, hmmm that was quick
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
No joy tonight on loading OVs at Kates. I tried about 8 cards. Some of the 8 cards were multiple swipes and some were just single swipes. I usually have better luck than this last week. From looking at the thread it looks like some others were having trouble today loading OVs. I guess its just one of those days where the system isn't behaving itself. Gotta try again tomorrow to see I get better success.
Not clear from your post... How many, if any, of the 8 ended up working?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Not clear from your post... How many, if any, of the 8 ended up working?
None of them worked yesterday. Gonna try again today to see if I can get them to work.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:33 am

I won't be purchasing OVs or other Vanilla GCs anymore. They worked fine about a week ago (with multiple swipes though) but now they all are getting declined at my WM. I'm getting tired of driving to multiple grocery stores to do MOs.

It looks like the glitch was fixed.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
FWIW, I've been having OV errors at grocery stores too. Not nearly as problematic as at Wally world (where I no longer even try to use them), but yesterday I had a purchased declined on the first swipe+pin and go through on the second one. That wasn't the first time it's happened and it seems to indicate that the "glitch" may be on Vanilla's end.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Zgirl
I won't be purchasing OVs or other Vanilla GCs anymore. They worked fine about a week ago (with multiple swipes though) but now they all are getting declined at my WM. I'm getting tired of driving to multiple grocery stores to do MOs.

It looks like the glitch was fixed.
Yeah. I did about 10 swipes at a Kate without success yesterday. I switched between a couple of OVs that I had. I finally left in frustration and let the person behind me use the machine.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Do not assume it is only vanilla brands that are having problems being accepted for transactions at Walmart, other brands having trouble too. Reportedly Visa is investigating whether there's any alleged violation of their terms. Visa promotes "wherever Visa is accepted." Interesting that this is primarily a problem only at Walmart. Also, it's been reported that customers have contacted Vanilla's issuer and have been allegedly told "it's Walmart's software and/or Metabank's software (kiosk) causing the problem, not us."
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:34 am

Can you get money orders with GC at Ralphs in SoCal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.