Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by trippinbilly
you mean you purchased a money order with OV and didn't have to do the work around?
Well, MO and WMBP yesterday and WMBP today.
Old May 30, 2014, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by kingrat
I love reading the typical rookie responses

The world is ending

Who is thinking lawsuit

The game is over

etc
typical 'i'm really a rookie but i like to act like i'm king of MS response'

OD will never stop selling VR with a credit card. lol stupid newbs

WG will never stop selling VR with a CC. lol "

CVS will never stop selling VR with a CC. lol "

portals won't stop paying on staples GC's. lol "

WM, isn't trying to block GC's from being used to buy MO, pay BP, load BB/Serve. lol nationwide tales of managers saying GC's aren't allowed- crazy stupid newbs. lol complex multi-step work around needed to uses GC's and to use multiple swipes: just a software upgrade that is in no way aimed at stopping GC purchases. WMT programmers are just making these
changes because they are bored- not because of some directive from above. lol. don't be silly, stupid newbs. the change a couple weeks ago to billpay sequence- again, don't be a newb- just programmers having fun cause they're bored. lol. oh no, the sky is falling! stupid newbs. ok, another change yesterday with a new sequence for money orders with a new message treating OV as credit-- lol, more bored programmers- they must be really bored now. lol. lock the thread. nothing to see here. WMT will never change things. stupid newbs. lol.

dolt.
Old May 30, 2014, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
typical 'i'm really a rookie but i like to act like i'm king of MS response'

OD will never stop selling VR with a credit card. lol stupid newbs

WG will never stop selling VR with a CC. lol "

CVS will never stop selling VR with a CC. lol "

portals won't stop paying on staples GC's. lol "

WM, isn't trying to block GC's from being used to buy MO, pay BP, load BB/Serve. lol nationwide tales of managers saying GC's aren't allowed- crazy stupid newbs. lol complex multi-step work around needed to uses GC's and to use multiple swipes: just a software upgrade that is in no way aimed at stopping GC purchases. WMT programmers are just making these
changes because they are bored- not because of some directive from above. lol. don't be silly, stupid newbs. the change a couple weeks ago to billpay sequence- again, don't be a newb- just programmers having fun cause they're bored. lol. oh no, the sky is falling! stupid newbs. ok, another change yesterday with a new sequence for money orders with a new message treating OV as credit-- lol, more bored programmers- they must be really bored now. lol. lock the thread. nothing to see here. WMT will never change things. stupid newbs. lol.

dolt.

+1 ^
Old May 30, 2014, 1:38 pm

It was only a matter of time.

MS'ers were occupying too much time at customer service loading multiple BBs, and getting 10-30K in MOs in a shot using split tender over and over.

They hogged up WM CS and there was no way WM was going to sit idly by.

I was in WM the other day and one shmuck monopolized a single cashier for more than an HOUR (he was there when I came and was there when I left... in the same spot while the line was 20 people deep).

WM ain't gonna stand for it. The end.
Old May 30, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
Some people have mentioned "Wally." However, I dont where Wally is? I googled Wally but dont know what Wally is
Old May 30, 2014, 1:41 pm

No more MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Lady infront of me just needed to use cancel with ufb so that is relieving it isn't gc specific, rather all debit.
Old May 30, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by happy9zz
Some people have mentioned "Wally." However, I dont where Wally is? I googled Wally but dont know what Wally is
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...LL-Eposter.jpg

June 27.. End of game for all GC pin based transactions in Wall E.. lol
Old May 30, 2014, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by thexfactor
It was only a matter of time.

MS'ers were occupying too much time at customer service loading multiple BBs, and getting 10-30K in MOs in a shot using split tender over and over.

They hogged up WM CS and there was no way WM was going to sit idly by.

I was in WM the other day and one shmuck monopolized a single cashier for more than an HOUR (he was there when I came and was there when I left... in the same spot while the line was 20 people deep).

WM ain't gonna stand for it. The end.
Very good point. Hard to believe someone would do that (well actually its not).
Old May 30, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by trippinbilly
Very good point. Hard to believe someone would do that (well actually its not).
You are so right. It really is not hard to believe based on posts from many (including noobs) and they will end up ruining it for everybody. Why should WM out up with somebody doing that?
Old May 30, 2014, 1:53 pm

Data point - went to my local wm (color screens) and had a cashier well versed in selling me money orders. Hit cancel etc and made it all the way till she hit 'debit' on her side and the register then spit out a piece of paper and canceled the transaction. She tried it a few times - even suggested trying the 'old' method but getting the 'credit card not allowed' message.

Gave up after like 5 tries. Will try the other wm in my area with a mc (and the monochrome screens) to see if it's any better.

I just went to the grocery store down the street and the OV worked just fine there. But the max mo they do is $500 for 69 cents - my MS'ing just doubled in cost :/
Old May 30, 2014, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
please do not talk about grocery stores like I just mentioned now.

now the whole ffin world is going to flock and ruin them too
Old May 30, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
please do not talk about grocery stores like I just mentioned now.

now the whole ffin world is going to flock and ruin them too
It was going to happen eventually.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hamhead
I only pray Wal-Mart continues just so the hoards of MSers stay there because blogs continue to tell them to.

It hurts because I seriously feel that sometimes people think Wal-Mart is the only place in the world that sells MO with debit.
In some places, like Chicago, it is the only place, unless you want to spend an hour plus driving to the suburbs. And even there you only have a sparse sprinkling of Meijers. We don't have the same breadth of grocery stores that you do, so for us, WM is the only realistic choice.

If you can suggest someplace else, please PM me.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: AOPA
2 Walmart s

I just came back from two WM in the local area.

Color screen, followed the MAsterCard steps, hitting cancel, debt.......
Bought 2 mo

bW screen, still old system no need to hit cancel.
BP2k
This wm also allows gc with agc.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
It was going to happen eventually.
thats right. But we cannot just be ok with that... and we cannot go around assuming that since that may be the case, we have to LET it happen sooner.

We are supposed to do whatever we can to PROLONG MS, not do whatever it takes to kill it.

Please take out the quoted message of what I wrote to lessen its being in here.

I give this whole shebang like a year.

I bet within 6 months we will see half of what we see now.

I mean... in the last couple weeks alone, the following has occurred:

AS is done --tomorrow (effectively today because anything done on a Sat will post Mon even as debit)

Rumors of CVS going Cash Only as of June (cannot confirm but some stores already have issues with OV and paypal cards... it is currently clerk dependent)

ST may not have DL cards any longer

WMT does its upgrades and kills off the use of anything Incomm by design unless you are lucky enough to be able to hit that elusive cancel button. Doesn't work in all stores.

and I forget whatelse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.