Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Domat
You want to hide MS (no wiki, codes etc) because you want less people to learn these tricks especially after you did. You want less people because more exposure = more usage more usage will hurt the longevity of a deal.

Now you stopping MS will help that as well. Especially since you are a Go hard until it dies kind of guy. You also got lectured here about arguing with the manager. You also undoubtedly are taking all the free info you can and discussing it in your secret groups. You won't even tell us about a dead deal so we can learn and the people who share and improve deals can see if it is re creatable with something else.

I hate to tell you but your website is a blog and you are blogging. Don't jump off a bridge now.

I do not want to hide MS so people cant get the deals I got.

You are welcome to do just as much work as I have done in finding them, networking quietly with people on how to do them, testing things, driving all over creation and dealing with every type of angry manager and overzealous csr, getting shut down by banks only to later be asked by many people how to avoid that, and more.

yup, I write. Have you seen me out anything?

if you have, tell me what exactly and I will remove it.

I did say above that while I TALK about MS--and some think just that in itself is bad enough--I do not out deals and give step by steps.

If you think I did, please show me exactly where--you may PM me--and I will edit the post.

I do not think any other write or blogger will do that.

my attitude is not just like them who say: Its my blog I am writing what I want.

No.

Originally Posted by silver4300
I think most of the runners around here are pretty reasonable and know that it is a fragile scenario. Yet, you are correct - I have encountered some negative attitudes as well - The "Yea, whatever dude" - attitude.

The thing is. . . I think it would be easier for management to enforce the No Jogging Rule for everyone than to ban specific irresponsible runners.

Sooooo. Should I publish announcements in our local newspaper and tv station informing all the area joggers of this great resource? I could really promote it. The soft dirt trail has less impact than asphalt roads. Much easier on the knees. Beautiful scenery and safe. Shouldn't everyone know about this great place? How could I deny them this pleasure? Maybe I could even make some money off it. . . . OR, should I be more discrete? I've started running with a new running buddy - he was born and raised in the town and is very community-minded. Last week, I took him running through the cemetery and he couldn't believe how expansive and beautiful it was. He loved it. I gave him the unwritten "do's and don'ts" of running there and he was very receptive. I've also spoken to the cross country coach about the situation and asked him to consider not allowing the entire team to run through there at once. He also seemed receptive to the idea - although I think he mostly wants to avoid bad PR and complaints.

Also, I liked your analogy. Good stuff.
yes. thats the same as when banks shut you down. Easier for them to just shut you than try to do one thing for one person and one thing for another.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:30 pm

Count me as another who couldn't get the "change payment" to work. First time it went by too fast, 2nd time I'm sure I pressed it and it still came up as credit.

Luckily I have a working kiosk (that even does MOs!) and my OVs still work like usual. Only drawback is MOs are limited to $500 with the kiosk.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by frugalgal1001
Count me as another who couldn't get the "change payment" to work. First time it went by too fast, 2nd time I'm sure I pressed it and it still came up as credit.

Luckily I have a working kiosk (that even does MOs!) and my OVs still work like usual. Only drawback is MOs are limited to $500 with the kiosk.
It went by too fast as in the cashier pressed the debit button 2 quickly? By the way was your card reader at the cashier the "old card readers" or "new card readers"?
Old May 31, 2014, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I do not want to hide MS so people cant get the deals I got.

You are welcome to do just as much work as I have done in finding them, networking quietly with people on how to do them, testing things, driving all over creation and dealing with every type of angry manager and overzealous csr, getting shut down by banks only to later be asked by many people how to avoid that, and more.

yup, I write. Have you seen me out anything?

if you have, tell me what exactly and I will remove it.

I did say above that while I TALK about MS--and some think just that in itself is bad enough--I do not out deals and give step by steps.

If you think I did, please show me exactly where--you may PM me--and I will edit the post.

I do not think any other write or blogger will do that.

my attitude is not just like them who say: Its my blog I am writing what I want.

No.

Almost everyone here has driving around and done this hard "work" you have done and shared it with people here and not in secret. You have not done anything countless others have not done. My guess is that you like 99.9% of the people just do what other people have told them. They just get angry when people learn of it after they did. I know I have had my share of doing that "work"

Of course your attitude is "Its my blog I am writing what I want." because after all that is what you are doing. I see you talking about MS like every other blogger. Did you out anything? Who knows who cares. Secrecy is something YOU think matters as long as you are an insider of course.

I find it funny that you and Silver are all buddy buddy about your analogies. You are what he supposedly doesn't like about MSers. People who go hard as long as they can. People who complain to managers and a blogger as well.

He on the other hand is a helpful person who shares stuff on the public boards. Something you don't like.

Last edited by Domat; May 31, 2014 at 12:41 pm
Old May 31, 2014, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
It went by too fast as in the cashier pressed the debit button 2 quickly? By the way was your card reader at the cashier the "old card readers" or "new card readers"?
Too fast meaning the change payment button was on the screen for like a second. I'm not really sure what the cashier did. I think it was a new reader.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
That is what it means. Simply put, right now ov is exactly the same as MasterCard gc. No big deal. Find other places to buy mo or buy different cards if it is an issue.

I also will say, there is a difference between being helpful and spoon feeding.

Anyone who has ms for any time, would of seen at first what this was, just like I discovered it last night. Went straight to change method and voila, works like a charm. You use your head and no need to even go on flyer talk.,

No need for points and arrows.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:42 pm

Quote:

Too fast meaning the change payment button was on the screen for like a second. I'm not really sure what the cashier did. I think it was a new reader.
Have you read the thread? 99.9% of people would put in the work to read the thread, right?

Thread says: You have to hit change payment before they hit debit key.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:43 pm

I think most of the runners around here are pretty reasonable and know that it is a fragile scenario. Yet, you are correct - I have encountered some negative attitudes as well - The "Yea, whatever dude" - attitude.

The thing is. . . I think it would be easier for management to enforce the No Jogging Rule for everyone than to ban specific irresponsible runners.

Sooooo. Should I publish announcements in our local newspaper and tv station informing all the area joggers of this great resource? I could really promote it. The soft dirt trail has less impact than asphalt roads. Much easier on the knees. Beautiful scenery and safe. Shouldn't everyone know about this great place? How could I deny them this pleasure? Maybe I could even make some money off it. . . . OR, should I be more discrete? I've started running with a new running buddy - he was born and raised in the town and is very community-minded. Last week, I took him running through the cemetery and he couldn't believe how expansive and beautiful it was. He loved it. I gave him the unwritten "do's and don'ts" of running there and he was very receptive. I've also spoken to the cross country coach about the situation and asked him to consider not allowing the entire team to run through there at once. He also seemed receptive to the idea - although I think he mostly wants to avoid bad PR and complaints.

Also, I liked your analogy. Good stuff.
Couldn't the three of you just PM each other?
Old May 31, 2014, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by zozeppelin
Have you read the thread? 99.9% of people would put in the work to read the thread, right?

The attitude is not necessary. Of course I have read the thread. I don't know what the cashier did because I couldn't see her screen.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:52 pm

For example, QL_714 has tried to tell people in his own way to not blow it up. I used to not listen to him. I might still not listen to him. But the fact is he has usually been quite right about these things!
You want to blow it up, go for it. Just do it in private. Some don’t get it but I know you do.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:54 pm

Good to see QL_714 positing again. If you filter the snippiness and sarcasm you learn a lot or at least you're on the trail to something.
I had to check in for some laughs with the WM fiasco.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by ZzzzX
Couldn't the three of you just PM each other?
Open your mind a bit. The wm restrictions raise some larger issues in ms.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:56 pm

Quote:

The attitude is not necessary. Of course I have read the thread. I don't know what the cashier did because I couldn't see her screen.
In that case I apologize and ask you to re-read it until clear, as it is explicitly mentioned with numbered steps. You need to work with the csr.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:57 pm

When do I hit credit?
Old May 31, 2014, 12:58 pm

Open your mind a bit. The wm restrictions raise some larger issues in ms.

My mind is open. But this is turning into a pissing contest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.