FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MO Purchases using OV @ WM
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2014, 12:43 pm
ZzzzX

Originally Posted by silver4300
I think most of the runners around here are pretty reasonable and know that it is a fragile scenario. Yet, you are correct - I have encountered some negative attitudes as well - The "Yea, whatever dude" - attitude.

The thing is. . . I think it would be easier for management to enforce the No Jogging Rule for everyone than to ban specific irresponsible runners.

Sooooo. Should I publish announcements in our local newspaper and tv station informing all the area joggers of this great resource? I could really promote it. The soft dirt trail has less impact than asphalt roads. Much easier on the knees. Beautiful scenery and safe. Shouldn't everyone know about this great place? How could I deny them this pleasure? Maybe I could even make some money off it. . . . OR, should I be more discrete? I've started running with a new running buddy - he was born and raised in the town and is very community-minded. Last week, I took him running through the cemetery and he couldn't believe how expansive and beautiful it was. He loved it. I gave him the unwritten "do's and don'ts" of running there and he was very receptive. I've also spoken to the cross country coach about the situation and asked him to consider not allowing the entire team to run through there at once. He also seemed receptive to the idea - although I think he mostly wants to avoid bad PR and complaints.

Also, I liked your analogy. Good stuff.
Couldn't the three of you just PM each other?