Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
Originally Posted by wildcat1313
Has anyone had the problem where they run out of gift cards periodically. I have been to the mall 8 times, 7 times the guy at the counter said he is out of gift cards. He seems strange and talks big numbers like he sold 1000's of gift cards today and says his volume in last 3/4 months has been millions of dollars. If I go at a different time when the guy is not there 8 out of 8 times I have been able to buy the gift cards.
Interesting. The SM i frequent has a box for each service agent with their name and locked with their own key. Inside that is where they grab their cards from. I would venture to guess once they run out of cards in their allotment, there is no way for them to get more (outside of calling upper management for more cards maybe?). I am guessing the agent you see probably buys cards himself so he runs out of them quickly :P But in all honesty, I am not sure if what I said above is correct but I did notice where they pulled the cards from the last few times i've purchased....
Old May 9, 2015, 5:43 pm

So it used to be that people were getting banned for large quantities >3k multiple times a week. This isnt the case anymore? Also, I know AGC wont work at Simon Mall, but I want to confirm the same applies to sunrise bank issued mall cards?
Old May 10, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: Several dozen
Was that grocery the national grocer of Texas? Down the road in San Antonio I never found VRs in that chain. Of course Austin is special, although its university pales to the one over in College Station.

Originally Posted by TexasYankee
There should be no concern over filling out the form . I Had to do that for the last year every week when I was still able to buy Vanilla Reloads at the local grocery store (until March 31). I even went so far as to bring pre filled copies of the form into the store each week.
Old May 10, 2015, 9:54 pm

Haven't checked this thread in several months. Am I correct in understanding that $1k cards are, for all intents and purposes, dead?
Old May 11, 2015, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by bobert24
Haven't checked this thread in several months. Am I correct in understanding that $1k cards are, for all intents and purposes, dead?
Yes, they will shut you down.
Old May 12, 2015, 12:13 pm

has anyone picked up any at the simon malls around miami? I'll visit a bunch if needed but trying to find the best option
Old May 12, 2015, 4:07 pm

Has anyone had the problem where they run out of gift cards periodically. I have been to the mall 8 times, 7 times the guy at the counter said he is out of gift cards. He seems strange and talks big numbers like he sold 1000's of gift cards today and says his volume in last 3/4 months has been millions of dollars. If I go at a different time when the guy is not there 8 out of 8 times I have been able to buy the gift cards.
Yes, have had it happen 3x, either late on a Saturday or Sunday. What happens is somebody cleans them out over the weekend and they can't get more until Monday morning.

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Was that grocery the national grocer of Texas? Down the road in San Antonio I never found VRs in that chain. Of course Austin is special, although its university pales to the one over in College Station.
Settle down Little Brother. Every reputable media outlet says otherwise....
Old May 12, 2015, 4:23 pm
Suspended

It may be very hard to believe but there are companys out there that actually buy these GCs as incentives for their employees. Ive walked up when they in the middle of fulfilling an order, she said when the mall is very slow they send some of the work to her rather then do it all in the office.

Ive always gotten what I came for (not always the exact cards I wanted) but Ive seen where 2 or 3 of the bins were pretty dry, usually its the Visas rather then the Amex
Old May 12, 2015, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by igneous
has anyone picked up any at the simon malls around miami? I'll visit a bunch if needed but trying to find the best option
Aventura mall, just picked up 1k today
Old May 12, 2015, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by lanac
Aventura mall, just picked up 1k today
Unless there's been a sudden change, Aventura Mall isn't managed by Simon Property Group (they're just a co-owner). Thus, your experience has no meaning here.
Old May 12, 2015, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sechs
Unless there's been a sudden change, Aventura Mall isn't managed by Simon Property Group (they're just a co-owner). Thus, your experience has no meaning here.
Hey you dont have to talk down to the other poster, who was only looking to help.

Seems the AM has its own GC; http://www.aventuramallgiftcard.com/ its not a SMGC and I dont know what the PIN situation is, nor the fee to buy or the max one can put onto it. But it is a gift card and for the right price(fee) may just be a thing to look into

OK playimg around I found this pg, http://www.aventuramallgiftcard.com/...Card_p_14.html so 1 can preorder (not bad), $500 max per card, for $2.95 hey that beats the SMGC by a $1.Seems like its a better deal and there is a Pin!

PIN: A PIN is a four-digit code that may be used to make purchase transactions instead of signing for your transaction. Some merchants may require you to make purchases using a PIN rather than your signature. As of April 1, 2013, the PIN for your Card is the last four (4) digits of your Card number. You may visit www.getmybalance.com to change the Personal Identification Number ("PIN") for your Card. You should not disclose your PIN to anyone. If the security or confidentiality of your PIN is compromised, you should notify us at once. You agree to: (a) not disclose the PIN or otherwise make it available to anyone else; (b) be liable for the PIN and for its authorized use and for its unauthorized use as described in this Agreement. Unless you notify us as provided in this Agreement, you acknowledge that we are entitled to rely on the use of your PIN as your authorization for any Transaction using the Card and PIN. Your PIN may not be used to obtain cash at an ATM or cash back at a POS terminal. Shall you want or need to change the PIN associated to your card, and provided you know your current PIN, please visit www.getmybalance.com. If you forgot your PIN, please call 1.800.985.4316 for instructions.

Well I believe you owe 'lanac' an apology!
Old May 12, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by craz
Hey you dont have to talk down to the other poster, who was only looking to help.
I wasn't talking down to him, but thanks for trying to put a meaning in my words that just isn't there.

We've already talked about Aventura in this thread, due to the SPG ownership situation. As far as I can tell, there's been no change.

If you'd like to start a thread on their gift card, you're welcome to it; but this one is about Simon Mall gift cards. Please stay on topic.

If there's anyone who owes an apology, it's you to me.
Old May 12, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Adventura Mall ain't Simon's

FWIW, they tend to call for authorization on any amount above $500, then when they run the purchases they do NOT use the authorization number as they seem to use those little machines that are often used by small vendors - the end result is, you will have two authorizations on your CC - one is the one from calling, the other is the actual sale.
The operation is completely different from how Simon mall's. It may work for someone who only buy 1 to 2K but no way one can scale this up at AM.
Old May 13, 2015, 2:32 am

IME with Aventura Mall about a year ago, they always called the the CC issuer for a verbal preauthorization, which reduced the available credit by the amount of anticipated charge. Then they ran the actual charge with no reference to the preauthorization number. So for the actual charge to go through, the original available credit had to be double the purchase amount. That was a real PITA.
Old May 13, 2015, 5:15 am

Hi, anyone know if I can buy Simon gift card with Amex gift card? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.