Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by HMPS
I need to complete a min spend. pray tell where else can I buy them in Chicago. Area ?
There is this new invention called the telephone where you can call a mall's customer service desk to find out if they sell SGCs....
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: Leisure Traveler: Delta DM, Starwood PM50, Global Entry, NEXUS, CLEAR
Grabbed two of these bad boys at Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta), this afternoon. Lady at the counter was incredibly kind. Funds available immediately. Will be back.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
There is this new invention called the telephone where you can call a mall's customer service desk to find out if they sell SGCs....
Can I buy that with a GC ?

How often do we get conflicting info on the phone or even in person ?
My question was to see who has been successful in this area , where....
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Or that could be avoided if a nice poster from Chicago wanted to save him the trouble.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:29 pm

Ugh...I can feel the swell from the loss of CC loads on RB.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: "You are now known as the Lebron James of DYKWIA/Delta/FT" -Thoiboi
Pardon if this has been discussed previously however I conducted a search and could not locate. Has anyone been successful using the simon website http://macerich-web.secure1data.com/...a-gc/form.html to preorder large denomination $1000 VGC's for pick up at their local mall? Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS
I need to complete a min spend. pray tell where else can I buy them in Chicago. Area ?
Orland Square Mall...at least this was the case about 3 months ago
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:38 pm

Cash Advance

Is there a list of Credit Cards we can use to buy these gift cards without being treated as CASH ADVANCE

Which Credit Cards allow buying Visa GC without being cash advance
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by umangdoshi
Is there a list of Credit Cards we can use to buy these gift cards without being treated as CASH ADVANCE

Which Credit Cards allow buying Visa GC without being cash advance
The information you're looking for is in the thread...somewhere
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by buruch
Anyone with experience attempting to buy with agc at Del Amo please pm me.
And why exactly would we do that? If you have a question ask it here, go there, or call them up. They require form to be filled for anything $500 or more - yes, that includes the fee so you can load up to $496.04 + $3.95 w/o having to fill this out.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Julian Brennan
And why exactly would we do that? If you have a question ask it here, go there, or call them up. They require form to be filled for anything $500 or more - yes, that includes the fee so you can load up to $496.04 + $3.95 w/o having to fill this out.
I wrote "with agc". Being that it's up to each location, and not hard coded, I asked for a pm in case someone didn't want to publicize that they allow it -if they do. I don't want to call and ask specifically about agc, and I'm too far to make the trip in case they don't allow it.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Sorry for the delay, but you can buy at Orland Park, Woodfield Mall or Gurnee. I have personally been to all of these locations. I usually go to Woodfield as they always have plenty of cards available.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 6:50 am

Hey, statement came in last month, and I got charged a cash advance fee from from us bank for macerich gift cards at my local mall. Showed as "cash equivalent" on my statement. Was disappointed because I've been using this mall for over a year, running chase, amex, discover, and usb, and this was the first time ever incurring a cash advance fee (even with usb before).

May have been either a new payment system, or more likely the employee was inexperienced ringing it up and did it differently.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jarpkor
Hey, statement came in last month, and I got charged a cash advance fee from from us bank for macerich gift cards at my local mall. Showed as "cash equivalent" on my statement. Was disappointed because I've been using this mall for over a year, running chase, amex, discover, and usb, and this was the first time ever incurring a cash advance fee (even with usb before).

May have been either a new payment system, or more likely the employee was inexperienced ringing it up and did it differently.
This is why ever since the 1st report of this happening,I always check online the CC I used to make sure it didnt get charged as a CA. If it did at least I can pay it off ASAP and cut down on the % that I will have to pay.
Hate to be surprised a month later and on numerous purchases too boot
Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by buruch
I wrote "with agc". Being that it's up to each location, and not hard coded, I asked for a pm in case someone didn't want to publicize that they allow it -if they do. I don't want to call and ask specifically about agc, and I'm too far to make the trip in case they don't allow it.
Sry I didn't see the specific about AGC. Their hard policy is $10k per day and filing the ID form is mandatory for anything greater then $499.99
No other restrictions I know of. They sell you any amount you want even w/o business account. Never bought an AGC there though. The Walmart across the street and the Target behind the mall are just too convenient to pass on the black beauty Simon VGC ;-)
The only stupid thing is that when you get an FA on your card and it declines the transaction, they can't run the same card until after 10am the next day even when you clear it via SMS or email right away. I was told this is Simon policy and there's nothing the CSR can do about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.