Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
There is nothing to see here, everyone can go home. SM CG cost $10.95 each and are limited to one per person per day along with having to fill out a form in triplicate that is then submitted to the IRS for review.
Old May 6, 2015, 3:40 pm

is it possible to get your name printed on simon gcs or a business name?
Old May 6, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by kenme1
There is nothing to see here, everyone can go home. SM CG cost $10.95 each and are limited to one per person per day along with having to fill out a form in triplicate that is then submitted to the IRS for review.
^^^^
Old May 7, 2015, 9:40 am

Recently moved, and don't have a Simon Mall as close to me as I used to. Does anyone know if the mall in Chesterfield, MO sells the gift cards? I don't want to make the drive out there for no reason.
Old May 7, 2015, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Zaphod42
Recently moved, and don't have a Simon Mall as close to me as I used to. Does anyone know if the mall in Chesterfield, MO sells the gift cards? I don't want to make the drive out there for no reason.
Heh, small world. I just came in here to ask the exact same thing.

I live in Kirkwood. The outlet mall is a bit of a haul, I'd like confirmation that they do sell them.
Old May 7, 2015, 11:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by t325
Heh, small world. I just came in here to ask the exact same thing.

I live in Kirkwood. The outlet mall is a bit of a haul, I'd like confirmation that they do sell them.
just go on their site find the mall and click on for the 'mall map' enlarge it and look for the logo of a GC (CC). If you dont see it then probably not

Its not hard at all; http://www.simon.com/

if you dont see the logo, then if it was me Id call up and ask if they carry BP Gas or Applebees GCs as well as do they carry their own

Last edited by craz; May 7, 2015 at 2:07 pm
Old May 8, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Has anyone ever encountered this problem before? When I try to check my gift card balance online it says card number not on file. So I called customer service and I was immediately transferred to a rep. I give out all the info to the rep and he checked the card and says everything is fine. But when I tried to unload the card it's declined again... What should I do in this situation?
Old May 8, 2015, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by pandaren
Has anyone ever encountered this problem before? When I try to check my gift card balance online it says card number not on file. So I called customer service and I was immediately transferred to a rep. I give out all the info to the rep and he checked the card and says everything is fine. But when I tried to unload the card it's declined again... What should I do in this situation?
Once I had a similar problem with a GC purchased from Staples/Giftcardmall. One of the card got blocked by fraud prevention, and nobody knew how to unblock it. I got a run-around for a week, then asked for a refund. At that point a competent rep suddenly appeared, and unblocked the card in 5 minutes.
Just remember that a properly working GC should have its correct load available to check by the automated phone system.
Old May 8, 2015, 5:54 pm

logo

Originally Posted by craz
just go on their site find the mall and click on for the 'mall map' enlarge it and look for the logo of a GC (CC). If you dont see it then probably not

Its not hard at all; http://www.simon.com/

if you dont see the logo, then if it was me Id call up and ask if they carry BP Gas or Applebees GCs as well as do they carry their own
thanks, on one mall map I see a logo of credit card, and the key confirms that is for gift cards.

on a different mall, the map shows a gift-wrapped box, and the key also says gift cards

so two different logos for the same thing?

thanks
Old May 8, 2015, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
There's no downside to having the forms filled out.
Right.. you're not a criminal so who cares... Say "SURE!" with a nice big smile on your face, chat em up and be on your way!
Old May 8, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Phanto
Right.. you're not a criminal so who cares... Say "SURE!" with a nice big smile on your face, chat em up and be on your way!
I really, REALLY need to work on the, "smile and chat 'em up" part. UGH
Old May 8, 2015, 9:33 pm

Has anyone had the problem where they run out of gift cards periodically. I have been to the mall 8 times, 7 times the guy at the counter said he is out of gift cards. He seems strange and talks big numbers like he sold 1000's of gift cards today and says his volume in last 3/4 months has been millions of dollars. If I go at a different time when the guy is not there 8 out of 8 times I have been able to buy the gift cards.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847
I really, REALLY need to work on the, "smile and chat 'em up" part. UGH
Just see it as you're helping them out, they're helping you out. The reps working the booth don't care what you're doing, they're actually interested! Be open about it, tell them you flew to this or that place cause you racked up miles.. They get a kick out of our hobby, no reason to be shady about it..
Old May 9, 2015, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by Phanto
Just see it as you're helping them out, they're helping you out. The reps working the booth don't care what you're doing, they're actually interested! Be open about it, tell them you flew to this or that place cause you racked up miles.. They get a kick out of our hobby, no reason to be shady about it..
There's nothing shady about conducting your business quietly and efficiently. Nobody wants to hear about your miles -- don't flatter yourself.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: LatinPass MM, HH Diamond, NW Platinum, Delta DM MM, SPG
There should be no concern over filling out the form . I Had to do that for the last year every week when I was still able to buy Vanilla Reloads at the local grocery store (until March 31). I even went so far as to bring pre filled copies of the form into the store each week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.