Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by grayland
What are you talking about? Read the posts!
Read the title of the thread.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by sechs
Read the title of the thread.
I was responding to a post, as I stated before.
With all of the posts here that are off topic, according to you, why would you pick out my simple post to be a SA about.

Isn't controlling the Wiki enough for you.

Enough.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
Thanks. That's very interesting. I can google but a link would be much appreciated for the discussion.

http://www.pymnts.com/in-depth/2014/.../#.U6b81xZZJ0A

Not sure. Still reading this as reloadables.

“With respect to general purpose reloadable card activities, the bank shall not establish any new prepaid card program or issue any new prepaid card product, or establish any new distribution channel for existing prepaid card products,” the decree notes. The decree also places similar restrictions on the bank’s future credit card merchant-acquiring activities and the third parties it works with providing those services, including independent sales organizations.

I'm interested in other's thoughts.
My thought is you are way too wishful thinking in your interpretation of Visa contract, payment processing contract and a whole host of other things. The real world does not work in your world based on theory. I have seen more than I can count on about Minimum $ required to use a credit card. Yeah, the merchant violates its contract with Visa/MC/AMEX. You go report them, so what? Nothing would ever happen.

You would be better off to deduce the situation by the real actions of the merchants - in this case WMT. Are you so naive to think WMT would violate its contract with Visa?! How many lawyers on WMT's legal team and compliance team, you have any idea?

While in theory Bancorp may resolve the issues with FDIC so it can resume its lucrative business... Dont hold your breath for it.

Bancorp should consider itself lucky that only restrictions being placed, not fine. Chase recently paid billions of fine to settle but not admitting wrong doing in compliance violation just FYI. Bancorp has its hands full to go back on its customer data trying to re-establish the missing links to satisfy FDIC which also asked for past data. How many MVDs and AccountNow Bancorp has had?

Oh, please read this piece of news also

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/17/bu...nued.html?_r=2

Those poor souls own this card because it is from "Suze Orman the guru" would be left holding the bag if they do not clean out the balance by July when their cards stop working and then wait for a Bancorp check at its mercy as WHEN it would be mailed.

What is even worse, these folks only received notice from Bancorp but not the "guru" who was not reachable for the NYT article, and her spokeperson said she would only notify the customers AFTER July when the card stops working... Not very responsible on a product she touted and cobranded.

Looks like Bancorp is cutting its product lines instead of restoring them back to working conditions.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 23, 2014 at 9:13 am
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:38 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by kingrat
SM works perfectly still and documented 100 times..
On 6/22 I tried loading some SMGC at the WM kiosk. I got a "Tender not approved". Then I went to the cashier and successfully loaded 2 SMGCs. Then i attempted to load 2 more and was not approved. Could this be related to my failed attempts at the kiosk? I checked both cards and they still have 500 balance. So it's a bit strange why they would fail at the register.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
No issues for me on my vanilla reloads today
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Vgc. Wow you seem high strung.
Big news, all is well again
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by respectfulhelper
As of this a.m., both WMs I visited said that it was WMs policy not to accept any debit or gift card that did not have the person's name printed on it. They were quite clear that is was "federal regulation" (not saying they're right, but it's clearly what they've been told) and that it is to prevent money laundering. As much as I wish this was a glitch, I fear it's the end of GCs to BB. (And, if I had a way of only letting helpful posters read this, and block it from the "I got mine, you get yours, with no help from me" posters, I absolutely would. The purpose of FT is to be HELPFUL. For you pros who have benefitted a lot from these forms of MS, good for you; but saying "it was hard for me, it should be hard for you" is just plain selfish.)
THe sad part of this posting is, that someone who made a username to just post this to "get thier point across" and hiding thier true idenity.

I do not have a problem helping people who truly want help and that have LOOKED and EDUCATED themselves before jumping into the game, but when people just come to FT and want me to spend a lot of time holding thier hands and walking themselves through the whole process, that isn't going to happen.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by yiggiddy
On 6/22 I tried loading some SMGC at the WM kiosk. I got a "Tender not approved". Then I went to the cashier and successfully loaded 2 SMGCs. Then i attempted to load 2 more and was not approved. Could this be related to my failed attempts at the kiosk? I checked both cards and they still have 500 balance. So it's a bit strange why they would fail at the register.
The Visa version?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by silver6054
New England. No CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens accepts debit cards, nor do most of the major supermarkets. (One branch of a chain did, but has just stopped).

And interestingly, the four stores I know where I can still (well, as of Wednesday!) still buy Moneygram MOs with debit are not actually listed on the Moneygram site.
Where in MA can you buy the Moneygram MOs? Referring to CVS/RA/W - you mean accepting debit cards for the purchase of MO, yes? Thanks for clarification:-)
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:32 am

If you load more than $1000 I would expect the system to refuse it.

Originally Posted by yiggiddy View Post

Last edited by webbiedo; Jun 23, 2014 at 8:34 am Reason: wrong post
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by webbiedo
Where in MA can you buy the Moneygram MOs? Referring to CVS/RA/W - you mean accepting debit cards for the purchase of MO, yes? Thanks for clarification:-)
Welcome to FT. Probably best to drive around and do the legwork yourself. Once someone exposes a place it often times gets shutdown.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by webbiedo
Yes, I meant no debit card for MO purchases. Debit cards are fine for other purchases.

And, for reasons given by others, not a good idea to list. That said, I have had intermittent successes as SOME Stop & Shops, but my last and best just went cash only. There are so many around though, you might luck out.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Yes, I meant no debit card for MO purchases. Debit cards are fine for other purchases.

And, for reasons given by others, not a good idea to list. That said, I have had intermittent successes as SOME Stop & Shops, but my last and best just went cash only. There are so many around though, you might luck out.
And why do you think these stores are going cash only?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
And why do you think these stores are going cash only?
To annoy me?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:07 pm
Suspended

MB GC's still load fine as of yesterday.

The bird is still flying. No cause for alarm.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond-IHG Plat-AA Gold
To annoy me?
lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.