Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by compddd
What is SMGC?
Simon Mall gift cards.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by respectfulhelper
As of this a.m., both WMs I visited said that it was WMs policy not to accept any debit or gift card that did not have the person's name printed on it. They were quite clear that is was "federal regulation" (not saying they're right, but it's clearly what they've been told) and that it is to prevent money laundering. As much as I wish this was a glitch, I fear it's the end of GCs to BB. (And, if I had a way of only letting helpful posters read this, and block it from the "I got mine, you get yours, with no help from me" posters, I absolutely would. The purpose of FT is to be HELPFUL. For you pros who have benefitted a lot from these forms of MS, good for you; but saying "it was hard for me, it should be hard for you" is just plain selfish.)
This is nothing new. people for months now have had this told to them. Some WM just enforced it more then others. Useually only at the money centre while it was business as usual elsewhere.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by kingrat
SM works perfectly still and documented 100 times..
Well we have had a few datapoints where it didn't go through. So this is useful information.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by sechs
That's not really germane to this thread (not that so much of this other banter is).
What are you talking about? Read the posts!

The post I quoted referred to all USB cards not working..I asked if there were more than one person reporting that all USB were not working.

Why is that not germane to this thread?? Why jump out and criticize without thinking.

Try to add to the discussion.

Last edited by grayland; Jun 22, 2014 at 7:52 pm
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:36 pm

No issues for me on my vanilla reloads today.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
No issues for me on my vanilla reloads today.
So you are saying you went to WM today and loaded your BB with a VGC today which is what this thread is about. Or, are you just trolling?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cruisr
So you are saying you went to WM today and loaded your BB with a VGC today which is what this thread is about. Or, are you just trolling?
VR is not a VGC
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by kxc262
VR is not a VGC
But if you can load BB with a VR it still gives an additional option.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
VR is not a VGC
Yes, I know that. that's why I asked if he/she was trolling as this thread is not about VRs, it's about VGCs and using them to load BB.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by deant
Since a VR isn't a debit card, it would be surprising if it stopped working (online) for loading BB. Now if only they were still easily available this whole thread probably wouldn't exist...
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by deant

You 100% can still load a BB with a VR but you cannot purchase a VR with a CC at CVS. You there for have to pay cash for the VR which is not a manufactured spend move. You also do not need WM as you can load your BB online via VR.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
Vgc. Wow you seem high strung.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by grayland
Are there additional reports/data points that any non-Vanilla cards are blocked.
Look up at post #777. The mall GCs aren't Vanilla that I know of.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Vgc. Wow you seem high strung.
Your doing?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054
Since a VR isn't a debit card, it would be surprising if it stopped working (online) for loading BB. Now if only they were still easily available this whole thread probably wouldn't exist...
There was some speculation there is a Bancorp/incomm issue at wm/bb, not a debit issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.