Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ZzzzX
The Visa version?
Yes SMGC Visa debit.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
[QUOTE=webbiedo;23081555]If you load more than $1000 I would expect the system to refuse it.

I am loading to multiple bb cards, no more than $1000 per each card.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by silver6054
To annoy me?
guess again
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
guess again
No, I asked the manager and that is what he said.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Which manager was it? I can convince him otherwise.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
SMGC also working here in CA, loaded 2x500 today.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by ricohitman
Which manager was it? I can convince him otherwise.
Mr. S.A. Shop, in Watertown, MA
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its because everyone is yapping in here about this!!!

Geesh whats it gonna take for people to see that, the end of ms?

Comically stupid
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:57 pm

Comically stupid
MM, do you deny any role for the "heavy hitters" like yourself? You say you spread it out very lightly, but that is still adding volume to the system, so if your $2K MO purchase at Store X is adding to 3 more $2K purchases there by others, maybe the manager of Store X decides "Something is going on" and it becomes cash only. And you are doing this at lots of stores. So beam in own eye etc.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:06 pm

Quote:

Comically stupid
This this +100000 this.

If you have/find a location that works my god keep it quiet please! You aren't making any new internet friends by sharing you are KILLING YOUR OWN DEAL!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MM, do you deny any role for the "heavy hitters" like yourself? You say you spread it out very lightly, but that is still adding volume to the system, so if your $2K MO purchase at Store X is adding to 3 more $2K purchases there by others, maybe the manager of Store X decides "Something is going on" and it becomes cash only. And you are doing this at lots of stores. So beam in own eye etc.
I go to several stores
I go max 2x a week to most. One or two may see me 3x
I know the clerks mostly
They know me
I ALWAYS step aside to let other customers go ahead
I ALWAYS say thank you and please and ask how their day was etc
I am predictable and consistent and I attempt to make my transactions as painless for them as possible.

There are other heavy msers in my area. We have run into each other. We cultivate and manage stock like hunters

The staffs know of our patterns and routines

So far no issues. If they need forms or ids we present them no argument.

When new people may come to the area it works if its a few at most. Trouble is when there are unbalanced gangs or groups of people. This is when stores change their rules. Not cuzza me. No

Dont try to turn it round.

On a heavy buy day when I would go get $20-30k gc I would drive for hours to hit different locales and keep it at my max visits per week. Its not always the same day but it is a max of 2x a week. And the staff know and see and appreciate this!

Now too many people are in this. Yah its saturated. Many who still view it as just some cute hobbie and not a real means for things like serious travel or income-lile cash back. These new people aint all bad folk just cuz they is new... But the fact is theres too many. The stores cant handle it.

We have to get more lets say selfish about this stuff in order to survive. Not blurt out everything. Let in only those to our worlds who can show certain qualities or mannerisms that we enjoy or do when we engage in successful ms. And for each of us, those qualities or qualifications are varied.

The fact remains: if you liked everybody and you found out that LH was giving up first class tickets to Munich for Oktoberfest for 67k one way, only like 10 people can actually sit in those award seats. So if you like everybody, who are you gonna not tell or say oh well too? Theres only so much room and im sorry but thats a fact.

So dont underqualify.

Yea im a heavy ms hitter. I take this stuff seriously. If my stores start to change though, I can be 100% sure it wont be cuz of me. Its going to go sometning like this:

Me: hi id like mos or gcs please (like i did the other day)

Clerk: oh mm im so sorry. Theres been a change in corp policy due to some abuse by other people. Some guy bought these and was rude, another walked off w a mo, another flaunted that he was making all this money with gcs by gaming some cc, etc. also we had complaints by old regular customers about people taking up all the cs desk time with this and western union or moneygram finally had issue with all the dif debit card numbers we keep seeing here.

Sorry but i cant even sell these to you even if i wanted to. Say hi to your wife though, bye.

Me (under my breath) I blame all the people who somehow see this as a game and just didnt care that it had to end this way when they could have prevented it by just shutting up in ft about specifics and such.

Originally Posted by ashap
This this +100000 this.

If you have/find a location that works my god keep it quiet please! You aren't making any new internet friends by sharing you are KILLING YOUR OWN DEAL!
You got it! If you must tell people, form a small email group!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also one more thing Silver. Ive been doing ms in this and many forms for 15 years. Its changing now because of others not me
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:40 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by MsArbi; Oct 30, 2014 at 12:28 am
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also one more thing Silver. Ive been doing ms in this and many forms for 15 years. Its changing now because of others not me
Were you banned from costco because of others too?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:28 am

Don't bloggers have the resources to infiltrate private groups? There's no honor among thieves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.