Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:54 am

Does the OV demise apply to BB loading using Katie? My BB limits are done for this month.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Originally Posted by RJ5929
Does the OV demise apply to BB loading using Katie? My BB limits are done for this month.
It's in the wiki...

It's really time to let this thread die.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Not heard of the situation where when they say "cash only" it means that "debit" is allowed as well. If debit was allowed they would say "cash or debit"
Funny. I just say I'm going to use a card. No pushback at all.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 9:52 am

Just went to a local wm.
It's not the one I normally load my BB at.
I have around 6k in non vanilla cards I need to dump.
I have 3 bb accounts under 3 diff names I used to load no problem.
I went to the desk as they don't have the kiosk.
I asked to load blue bird.
- she said: as long as it has your name on it and you are using a debit card with your name on it or cash! No gift cards! The rules changed!
I said see ya!
Went to a register.
Asked to load bb
Guy had trouble scanning one card but it finally scanned.
Then he asked for ID!
...????
Anyone else is getting Checked?
I just used my card and loaded $500!
It's getting harder!
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, AA, Delta, Southwest CP, Citi Prestige, MLife Platinum
May be unrelated or not, but my grocery store tonight in central NC is pulling all their Visa and MC gift cards, said it was a recall, did not sound permanent (they have GoBank and US Bank cards). Going to try another one of their stores tomorrow, but they said it was all of their stores.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Man, I go on a trip for several days and the bomb gets dropped on MS. Pretty sad. Luckily I don't have any cards to liquidate right now, but guess its becoming a real pain to do this now. Not much in my area that accepts GCs for MOs.

Kind of ticks me off since I've purposely stayed under the radar by not doing large transactions and am not trying to make a living off it like some people

Its obvious this is a change on WMs end to block those Vanilla cards. Whether Incomm worked with them to do it or if it was WM on their own, we'll probably never know, but the change is in the POS software so its done and over.

Last edited by rylan; Jun 21, 2014 at 8:42 pm
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
Man, I go on a trip for several days and the bomb gets dropped on MS. Pretty sad. Luckily I don't have any cards to liquidate right now, but guess its becoming a real pain to do this now. Not much in my area that accepts GCs for MOs.

Kind of ticks me off since I've purposely stayed under the radar by not doing large transactions and am not trying to make a living off it like some people

Its obvious this is a change on WMs end to block those Vanilla cards. Whether Incomm worked with them to do it or if it was WM on their own, we'll probably never know, but the change is in the POS software so its done and over.
I'm in the same boat, was on a week long business trip. To find the bomb dropped. I haven't made it back to Wally world yet but have all vanilla visas even those from metabank been blocked?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:44 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Moderator Message:

I just deleted 35 off-topic posts. All further posts that are not about loading Bluebird will be deleted. Members who make too many bad posts may receive a temporary suspension.

Most of the deleted posts were debating the reasons that this deal died. If you wish to discuss that, you may go to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ov-wm-111.html
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:31 am

this is a game changer and will surely weed out the lazies that depends on circles and arrows. going forward, its really depends on how much time and research one is willing to puts in to reap the benefits of MS i.e. Darwin's Theory.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TheGreatMongo
this is a game changer and will surely weed out the lazies that depends on circles and arrows. going forward, its really depends on how much time and research one is willing to puts in to reap the benefits of MS i.e. Darwin's Theory.
Unfortunately FT is providing more information than any of the people that use circles, boxes and arrows.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:05 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS
Originally Posted by sechs
I removed the old information from the wiki. It's nigh useless now and just seemed to spur those who didn't read to post senseless questions.
I updated it. Mall gift cards issued by Bancorp/Incomm don't work at WM either.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by ceverett
I updated it. Mall gift cards issued by Bancorp/Incomm don't work at WM either.
It said that in a previous iteration and someone got grumpy and removed it. I'll fix it to match the verbiage elsewhere.

Last edited by sechs; Jun 22, 2014 at 8:36 am
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:41 am

Is it really a game changer? It's annoying, sure, but apparently any non-vanilla visa or mc GC still works....
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by angrypenguin
Is it really a game changer? It's annoying, sure, but apparently any non-vanilla visa or mc GC still works....
Until we have thousand posts naming each card by every one who is able to use one!

We really don't need a post each time you buy a MO or load a BB/Serve.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by angrypenguin
Is it really a game changer?
It will be, for the majority of people who were playing "Follow The Leader" and will now have to think for themselves. I think people I'll be more circumspect about sharing things... for a little while anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.