Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by scented
Good times for those who don't drink, as more and more hotels have amazing mocktails these days. I don't even need alcohol, as some of them are so amazing. You should try the creations at George V, just stunning -- visually very much inspired by Jeff Leatham with ice, rose petals and flowers. And not all too sweet! ^
May have mentioned this before, but Four Seasons Florence has an incredible 'carte' of non-alcoholic 'wines' made from grapes or apples. The best is one made from a Merlot grape. They even do 'wine' pairings.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by scented
Good times for those who don't drink, as more and more hotels have amazing mocktails these days. I don't even need alcohol, as some of them are so amazing. You should try the creations at George V, just stunning -- visually very much inspired by Jeff Leatham with ice, rose petals and flowers. And not all too sweet! ^
Absolutely! Really good news
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
May have mentioned this before, but Four Seasons Florence has an incredible 'carte' of non-alcoholic 'wines' made from grapes or apples. The best is one made from a Merlot grape. They even do 'wine' pairings.
Must revisit Florence in this case! Lovely idea.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 2:15 pm

Just a few pics of an entry level room at La Réserve. I love this hotel for its residential feeling.

Old Dec 25, 2016, 10:22 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Just a few pics of an entry level room at La Réserve. I love this hotel for its residential feeling.

That does look quite nice, especially for entry level. I imagine the suites are particularly nice and spacious.

We will be back in Paris at the Prince de Galles in Oct 2017--taking advantage of my SPG Plat100 status and upgrade likelihood before that potentially ends with the Marriott takeover in 2018--but I'll certainly consider La Reserve for a future stay.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:45 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Some Paris luxury hotel news for those who follow inside baseball:

The Peninsula Paris has changed management teams. GM Nicolas Beliard has checked out, so to speak, and Katja Henkel has checked in as the new GM. Nicolas had been GM of The Peninsula Bangkok for a good stretch before moving to Paris to open the first Peninsula in Europe. Katja succeeded Nicolas as GM in Bangkok three or four years ago (losing track of time!), joining the group from The Blantyre, the small luxury hotel for leaf-peepers in The Berkshires of Massachusetts.

IMO, as a very long time regular guest, and speaking solely from the perspective of a guest, Katja was the best GM the Peninsula Bangkok had in at least 15 of its 18 years. She had a great team of division managers (who are staying on in Bangkok) and she made a lot of very guest-centric changes and improvements to the property and its amenities, while keeping its very personal and distinctively Thai form of hospitality.

I have not stayed at Peninsula Paris, so can't speak to what it was like under Nicolas's leadership. But I would expect Katja to have a similarly guest-centric approach in Paris. Of course, YMMV.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:53 am

I was looking to head back to Paris next month and was considering a suite at The Ritz, but am very much torn on this due to my love of the pool/spa (not the treatments, just facilities just jacuzzi/sauna etc) and knowing it will not beat The Peninsula (unless anyone can tell me otherwise). As The Peninsula rooms weren't great, I'm not in love with the idea of going back there either. Could anyone make any recommendations? MO only seems to have a small pool and "vitality pools" in their couples treatment rooms, so not sure that'll work; La Reserve pool area is beautiful and relaxing, but doesn't have a jacuzzi. Can FS, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Raffles or any others better it whilst not having rooms designed by Wes Craven?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I was looking to head back to Paris next month and was considering a suite at The Ritz, but am very much torn on this due to my love of the pool/spa (not the treatments, just facilities just jacuzzi/sauna etc) and knowing it will not beat The Peninsula (unless anyone can tell me otherwise). As The Peninsula rooms weren't great, I'm not in love with the idea of going back there either. Could anyone make any recommendations? MO only seems to have a small pool and "vitality pools" in their couples treatment rooms, so not sure that'll work; La Reserve pool area is beautiful and relaxing, but doesn't have a jacuzzi. Can FS, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Raffles or any others better it whilst not having rooms designed by Wes Craven?
We really liked the Pen Paris but we also really like Le Bristol. Le Bristol doesn't have a jacuzzi though (or none that I know of) but they do have a swimming pool. They do have a spectacular Terrace Suite with private garden and jacuzzi however which may fit your requirements.

http://www.lebristolparis.com/eng/ac...-with-jacuzzi/
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
The best pool is without a doubt at the Raffles Royal Monceau, but you have to like the "design" type of hotel. The fact that Accor bought the group may (negatively) influence the hotel's destiny though and choosing a hotel because of its pool most probably isn't a good idea anyway.

I'd go for the Bristol or the FS, as they both continue to be exceptional on almost every level.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:26 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
MacMyDay, am curious why you feel the Ritz pool is less worthy than the Peninsula pool?

JonJParr, although Le Bristol gets high marks, I found that its room product (and the hallways) cannot compare with the George V. Here are some comparison photos on a password protected site. The password is FlyerTalk (case sensitive).
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by DavidO
MacMyDay, am curious why you feel the Ritz pool is less worthy than the Peninsula pool?
There is no jacuzzi, from what I can tell.

I should have added I've stayed in Le Bristol previously and whilst I very much enjoyed it, I wouldn't look to return. I just thought everything was good, rather than being great; good room; good service; good breakfast; good pool. The Peninsula was mostly brilliant, except the room. There were also never any guests in the pool area at La Reserve or The Pen, which I always consider a positive.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by DavidO

JonJParr, although Le Bristol gets high marks, I found that its room product (and the hallways) cannot compare with the George V. Here are some comparison photos on a password protected site. The password is FlyerTalk (case sensitive).
Thanks for sharing that comparison David. I found it really interesting to look at - especially as I have not stayed at George V. We thought Le Bristol was a little like Chateau Saint-Martin - not the best hard product in the area but charming and fantastic service. I think you either like the Oetker style of room or not.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
The best pool is without a doubt at the Raffles Royal Monceau, but you have to like the "design" type of hotel. The fact that Accor bought the group may (negatively) influence the hotel's destiny though and choosing a hotel because of its pool most probably isn't a good idea anyway.

I'd go for the Bristol or the FS, as they both continue to be exceptional on almost every level.
The chlorine was so strong in the pool at Raffles Royal Monceau that you could smell it as you walked into the Spa. There is no way I would swim in it.

The new FS GV Spa will not open until next year, but from what I have seen, their pool and facilities will be the best in the city.

I find the pool at le Bristol overly claustrophobic and a bit tired, no?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
No pool at Le Meurice - is that right?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
The chlorine was so strong in the pool at Raffles Royal Monceau that you could smell it as you walked into the Spa. There is no way I would swim in it.

The new FS GV Spa will not open until next year, but from what I have seen, their pool and facilities will be the best in the city.

I find the pool at le Bristol overly claustrophobic and a bit tired, no?
I'm also quite sensitive when it comes to chlorine but it wasn't an issue whenever I was there. Also, the fact that it's the longest hotel pool in the city and that it has natural light is hard to beat. I agree that the pool of the Bristol isn't the hotel's strongest selling point and that the FS should blow all others out of the water once renovations are over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.