Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:02 pm
Original Member

That's a whole lot of red!
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by KatW
It's Paris. Le Grand Hotel is the same in that respect.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:17 pm

Another nice bit of public service from Macmyday. I especially liked the Motion sensor lavatory. I have a problem, though - we are led to believe that Mac has to work for a living. How does he find the time between all the write-ups and photos?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pausanias, sounds like you have not visited the Trip Reports forum (nor seen truly prolific social media users)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 14, 2016 at 1:33 pm
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Pausanias
Another nice bit of public service from Macmyday. I especially liked the Motion sensor lavatory. I have a problem, though - we are led to believe that Mac has to work for a living. How does he find the time between all the write-ups and photos?
Well, there's work and then there's work. Don't shame him! I'm living/staying vicariously through him right now at La Reserve!
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Looks like a number of hotels are running third night free promotions currently. Combined with Citi Prestige 4th night free, that's essentially 50% off! Can't combine with Virtuoso/FHR/etc. but still quite a deal.

MO and Peninsula specifically appear to be pricing with the 3rd night at $0 (meaning it can combine well with Prestige). Shangri-La and Plaza Athenee also have 3rd night free, but can't confirm it has 3rd night at $0 or just averaging out. Might be other properties.

Makes the decision of MO or FS much easier to make when the price is that much lower. 4 nights for 2K EUR is a steal.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

citi prestige changed from crediting rate for fourth night to crediting average rate - does that impact combining?
citi prestige works on anything in GDS, so hotels dont need to have offers (25% vs 33% vs 50% etc)

peninsula frequently has suite life (2nd night free) - it's 'common' for luxury hotels to offer free nights direct

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 14, 2016 at 4:27 pm
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
citi prestige changed from crediting rate for fourth night to crediting average rate - does that impact combining?

peninsula frequently has suite life (2nd night free)

it's 'common' for luxury hotels to offer free nights direct

citi prestige works on anything in GDS, so hotels dont need to have offers (25% vs 33% vs 50% etc)
Average rate goes into effect in July 2017, so still have time to stack 3rd and 4th night (or similar) deals.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by callmedtop
MO and Peninsula specifically appear to be pricing with the 3rd night at $0 (meaning it can combine well with Prestige). Shangri-La and Plaza Athenee also have 3rd night free, but can't confirm it has 3rd night at $0 or just averaging out. Might be other properties.

Makes the decision of MO or FS much easier to make when the price is that much lower. 4 nights for 2K EUR is a steal.
Indeed! Even if I really wonna try FS with 3rd night free Peninsula is nearly half the price. So I don´t think will be FS.....
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
peninsula frequently has suite life (2nd night free)
Didn´t find this offer
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by KatW
My girlfriend said the spa reminded her of being in a Chinese restaurant due to the heavy use of red and ornaments. Ironically we then went to the Lili, the Chinese restaurant at The Peninsula for dinner, whereby it really did prove her point.

Originally Posted by Pausanias
It's called delegation, dear boy. I've not been the smartest person in my own company since employee #2 joined, so I'll leave the clever stuff to them so I can entertain you good people.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

peninsula suite life, like other offers, is often (not always) available
while not always, often makes these direct offers not rare/unusual
it's rare/unusual if/when say FS paris does free night or discount
and i did find FS paris is doing 15% off prepaid on some dates
(while citi prestige get 25% off FS paris and anything else)

as stimpy noted, red can be common in paris/france/EU, in certain styles

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
It's called delegation, dear boy. I've not been the smartest person in my own company since employee #2 joined, so I'll leave the clever stuff to them so I can entertain you good people.
i recalled this >

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
North Island...wifi nowhere but your villa or the boutique...You add in the fact that I had no phone reception at all and this was the first holiday I had ever been on where connectivity was not only an issue, but a massive one. I need to check in at work daily, so knowing I had to be back at my villa and also knowing no one could call me really gave me the ol' connectivity anxiety.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:34 pm

La Réserve will change their all day dining concept. On Monday 'Le Grand Salon' will become 'La Pagode de Cos' with a mix of French and Asian dishes. They are also changing slightly their brunch menu (more upscale at le Gabriel with a more standard option at la Pagode de Cos). Last but not least they are trying a new concept in their library which was underused until now. After 5pm they will have a pianist playing for a jazzy atmosphere.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:27 pm

I hope they don't change their gorgeous healthy breakfast, which is easily one of the best in the world.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by scented
I hope they don't change their gorgeous healthy breakfast, which is easily one of the best in the world.
I saw their "Well Being Breakfast" on the menu the day of arrival, but it did not appeal. However, in light of your views, I did feel obliged to try it. I'm afraid I won't be joining the fan club, but that's likely as I grew up thinking that "healthy" just meant it wasn't a takeaway. My mother - wonderful woman - was not the best cook. I'm not saying she was awful, but we grew up watching old war movies like the Great Escape and admiring the food that the POWs received. We would long for them to bring back rationing, as it looked a highly nutritious meal in comparison to what we were eating. I think what I'm trying to say is, it didn't contain enough bacon for my liking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.