Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2016, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
At the moment I think about a trip next year. Itīs FS vs Ritz at the moment. Ritz has far better amenities and brand new rooms, FS seems to have unique floral decorations and nice restaurants. Hard decision....
GV : They had a very small restaurant (seat only 10) opened last June called "Orangerie", prices are reasonable and the food is very very good.
They'll most probably have one michelin star and fully deserves it
Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:06 am

L'Orangerie at FS GV is superb, but then so are all the other restaurants at GV. Different league from the Ritz.

Another one to consider is La Réserve Paris - wonderful rooms/suites, boutique sized, very high quality of design and a 2-star Michelin restaurant, plus excellent all-day-dining - best breakfast in Paris right now.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Another one to consider is La Réserve Paris - wonderful rooms/suites, boutique sized, very high quality of design and a 2-star Michelin restaurant, plus excellent all-day-dining - best breakfast in Paris right now.
We'll be there on Thursday - very much looking forward to it. I'll add a series of my hotel photos into this thread later in the week. So far their concierge and reception has been beyond impressive in how they reached out to me.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
La Reserve looks nice. Another thing I looking for is a hotel to do some spots near Paris like Fontainebleau Found the Auberge in Chantilly but itīs far away from Fontainebleau or Vaux le-Vicomte.

Regarding Versailles I thought about the Waldorf, but I doubt it really fit my needs.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
We'll be there on Thursday - very much looking forward to it. I'll add a series of my hotel photos into this thread later in the week. So far their concierge and reception has been beyond impressive in how they reached out to me.
Yes, the service is superb - very personalised. As you do not drink, ask the lady who makes the cocktails to give you a non-alcoholic Gin & Tonic - it is brilliant!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
La Reserve looks nice. Another thing I looking for is a hotel to do some spots near Paris like Fontainebleau Found the Auberge in Chantilly but itīs far away from Fontainebleau or Vaux le-Vicomte.

Regarding Versailles I thought about the Waldorf, but I doubt it really fit my needs.
WA average 3/4 stars hotel
The Gordon ramsay is realy great.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
L'Orangerie at FS GV is superb, but then so are all the other restaurants at GV. Different league from the Ritz.

La reserve is very nice, will be nice for a staycation.
They have several hidden places which are nice with honor bar.
Don't look for a pool / spa sign, there is no sign but the pool is nice.
Suites are a good size but a little too classic for my taste.

Food is good but the service is soso. IMHO not sure why they were upgraded to 2 stars lately. Much prefer l'orangerie a different league food and service wise.

FWIW the restaurant manager used to be the number 2 at epicure /Bristol and he's great, really great.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:17 pm
Original Member

All this recent talk of best Paisian hotels with Michelin stars and no mention of Le Bristol with its 3-star Michelin Epicure and 1-star 114 Faubourg? For a total of 4 Michelin stars?!

[Oops, apologies, just read post immediately above which glances briefly in that direction.]
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

recent talk seemed mostly regarding updates (changes) - FS got 3rd star (and a new restaurant) earlier this year, and a 2nd new restaurant a year ago. La Reserve Hotel (not apartments) opened early 2015. ritz reopened in june. seems bristol lost a good manager in past year, from CGRA's comment.

Originally Posted by CGRA
The Gordon ramsay is realy great.
chef moved to Le George at FS in june

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 13, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by CGRA
Food is good but the service is soso. IMHO not sure why they were upgraded to 2 stars lately. Much prefer l'orangerie a different league food and service wise.

FWIW the restaurant manager used to be the number 2 at epicure /Bristol and he's great, really great.
I met him earlier, whereby he introduced himself by making jokes about himself and every other Frenchman. He really knows the way to talk to Brits. We're now best friends.

The menu didn't look spectacular, so I may end up giving it a pass. I have no aversion to spending big on a fantastic meal, but spending Paris prices and ending up with something so-so isn't appealing.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Regarding restaurants Shangri-La is also not bad. One 2 star and one 1 star. With 3 for 2 it can also be good value.

P.S. Any recent stays at Le Meurice, Bristol or Plaza Athenee?

Last edited by offerendum; Oct 14, 2016 at 7:42 am
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:07 am

La Reserve, Paris

Here's some pictures from our Prestige Suite at La Reserve Paris.

I am truly impressed with the room and the utilisation of space. A guest toilet, living room, bedroom, walk-in wardrobe, main toilet, bathroom, outside balcony (no pics yet as I wanna wait until the sun puts its hat on), mini-bar/snack area and some semi-strange desk area, pushed into a rather cosy space of - according to the website - 70-85sqm, but all without feeling compact. The hard product is really, really excellent. It reminds me of a more modern version of The Connaught and no doubt similar to what they will end up with during their next refurb; the elements of classic and modern design merged together. The tech is particularly impressive, with the TV built into the wall; free movies; AirPlay for linking up Netflix/iTunes to the TV and surround sound system that is hidden within the walls; charger cables by the bedside tables and even an actual phone system that is usable. These are the glory days. They are incredibly generous too - two words I never thought I'd concatenate when thinking of a Paris hotel. The free, frequently restocked, minibar is packed with all te Alain Milliat I could ever want, and the sheer amount of junk food they provided me will have my dentist laughing all the way to the bank.

Only thing I'm not a fan of are the mirrors everywhere. I'm trying to take some photos here, damnit, and doing so without capturing myself is freaking hard! It also doesn't help that there's so many that I'm starting to feel like one of those 80s action films where they end up having to shoot the baddie in a somewhat conveniently placed mirror gallery. Only I'd miss. I'm struggling to tell if the room has ended or there's a mirror there when I'm standing 2ft away from it. I'm already doing my best zombie impression, by walking around with my arms stretched out, in case I'm walking into a mirror.

Entrance

Entrance with guest bathroom door open

Living room

Lounge

TV

TV

Mini-bar

Bedroom with balcony to the left

Bedside table. They even have Blackberry charging cables, bless'em

Toilet. Motion censored water control, cos having a Toto wasn't enough tech.

Wardrobes

Bathroom

Spa pool - with more mirrors

Spa pool
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:36 am

Ah, was looking forward to that one! Great report as usual. How is service so far?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Thanks for the review and I must say it looks very nice. Otherwise I wouldnīt be ready to pay the price for a city trip, even if I loose my mind (and a lot of money) sometimes
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by scented
Ah, was looking forward to that one! Great report as usual. How is service so far?
Just a basic write-up of the room so far, but I'll follow it up with a full report.

Service has been very good, with the welcome, hotel tour and staff interaction being incredibly impressive. We're not quite on Aman levels, with everyone knowing our names or room number, but give it a few days and it may all start to come together. I'd assume the hotel is around 50% occupied, so with only 20 rooms in use it should be possible. I mentioned earlier in this thread that their pre-arrivals was incredibly impressive, even down to the Front Office Manager emailing to tell me what the weather would be like. It's a really thoughtful touch, but is also designed to introduce you to the people that you will meet on arrival.

I love the pool/steam room being open 24/7 and the privacy on offer; they pull the curtains between the reception and spa area when any guests are by the pool, so no one can see you. I will of course offer my obligatory moan that it's not warm enough. They say you learn something new every day - yesterday I discovered that I find a 32C pool too cold. I definitely will not say the same about the steam room, which I believe they said is 46C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.