Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by callmedtop
No pool at Le Meurice - is that right?
That's right.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I find the pool at le Bristol overly claustrophobic and a bit tired, no?
I felt the same too. It was not particularly warm around the pool either.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:03 am

Don't know what makes people stay at Le Royal Monceau. Clarins in the Spa, that's like Nespresso or McDonald's in the restaurant. Oh wait, don't they serve Nespresso in the restaurant? The design is a nightmare. The only positive aspect I see are their lavish welcome amenities plus personalized gifts for VIPs and speciality suite guests. Thankfully Paris has more than enough wonderful options.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:04 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

I looked online and read that Crillion was supposed to open in 2015. It's 2017, right?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I happen to love the pool and spa at the Shangri-La. Worth checking out.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by scented
Don't know what makes people stay at Le Royal Monceau. Clarins in the Spa, that's like Nespresso or McDonald's in the restaurant. Oh wait, don't they serve Nespresso in the restaurant? .
Haven't stayed at Le Royal Monceau lately but I don't think it's fair to fault a hotel/spa for using Clarins products, let alone to compare this brand with McDonalds. Of course it's also a personal matter of liking/disliking but in terms of objective standards, Clarins remains a high-end brand and is far superior to most of the standard amenities offered in top 5* Paris properties. If you really want to compare with McDonalds, brands should be ones that are commonly found in the supermarket like L'Oréal etc. If you dislike Clarins, fine by me but really no reason to compare with McDonalds.

Originally Posted by wripro
I happen to love the pool and spa at the Shangri-La. Worth checking out.
+1

Shangri La offers by far the nicest pool area it that matters. For good service I would also recommend Shangri La over the classic Grandes Dames. Same for Prince de Galles. These hotels don't take their guests for granted and are far from the classic snobbery that's unfortunately so common amongst Paris top properties.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:05 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Several years ago I stayed at Hotel Costes. I wouldn't put it in the same league as many of the luxury hotels we have discussed in this thread but it was pretty good and the pool looked nice, although did not use.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:19 pm
Original Member

We've abided thrice at Le Bristol and never have used the pool. Personal choice, not what I go to Paris to do. Then, too, there are those for whom a swim workout is just the ticket.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:04 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Le Roch Hotel and Spa looks very nice online. The indulgence suite and le roch suites look superb. Might be nice to mix things up with something that's not part of the FHR buying program, too.

The pool area at Le Bristol was super humid. I think more windows need to be opened. It's also so small that it really doesn't lend itself to swimming, just splashing.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Epicura
Shangri La offers by far the nicest pool area it that matters. For good service I would also recommend Shangri La over the classic Grandes Dames. Same for Prince de Galles. These hotels don't take their guests for granted and are far from the classic snobbery that's unfortunately so common amongst Paris top properties.
Location of Shangri-La seems less than ideal, no? That's my biggest reservation with the property.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:42 pm

Location of Shangri-La seems less than ideal, no? That's my biggest reservation with the property.
Depends on your personal needs obviously but I don't think the location of Shangri-La is an issue TBH. It's a 10 minutes walk from the George V for instance, less than 1 km. Many rooms offer great views of the Eiffel tower at night, which can be an asset, especially for tourists/first time visitors.

Admittedly I live less than 3 hours from Paris and we visit Paris several times a year, so the location of our hotel is not a top priority, apart from specific occasions/meetings etc.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:05 am

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 2018 at 10:47 am
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by DSI
I looked online and read that Crillion was supposed to open in 2015. It's 2017, right?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I don't think the location is a problem either. You can walk down the Avenue President Wilson and be at Avenue Montiagne in terminates or cross over the Pont Alma to the 7th. I found it far more convenient than the Pen which is only convenient to the Champs Elysees. Plus they have a house car service which they will often offer free of charge to get you anywhere. To me though once I'm inside the Shangdi-La I feel cosseted and pampered and it's just the right size.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:27 pm

Thank you, David! Very helpful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.