Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2021, 7:31 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by Fc912
We used points and spent 2 nights at the Park Hyatt before leaving France and it was absolutely terrible. First time back since 2013 and the hotel has really fallen very low.
Originally Posted by Fc912
Really a shame what the Park Hyatt has turned into. I had pretty good memories of my stay in 2013.
They killed the PH. Plain and simple. I used to be a regular guest and what they now have is a joke. They even managed to destroy the single best part of the hotel, the bar which was dark, intimate. They closed it to transform that into a ballroom and moved the bar to the breakfast area with full lights on (due to safety reasons, these cannot be dimmed) and thus no atmosphere whatsoever. Grotesque!
Old Aug 12, 2021, 7:34 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
I had breakfast there three weeks ago and the friend I was with was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Absolutely fine.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
I had breakfast there three weeks ago and the friend I was with was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Absolutely fine.
Just to be clear, you are referring to Le Meurice breakfast? Did service levels seem normal?

It's sad to read about the decline of the PHV.
KatW likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
They killed the PH. Plain and simple. I used to be a regular guest and what they now have is a joke. They even managed to destroy the single best part of the hotel, the bar which was dark, intimate. They closed it to transform that into a ballroom and moved the bar to the breakfast area with full lights on (due to safety reasons, these cannot be dimmed) and thus no atmosphere whatsoever. Grotesque!
When did they do this?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:52 am

We should not forget that Dorchester went above and beyond and kept every employee throughout the whole pandemic. Granted, it's easier because they don't have as many hotels and are owner-operator, but this invariably means that service levels are as good as ever and you see all the familiar faces. Much better to think long-term, rather than what is happening to service levels in the US right now...

So I guess Le Meurice and Plaza Athenée might have used "chômage partiel" (government program paying workforce during pandemic), but much better than laying off staff.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:53 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Yikes to read about the PH. Was one of my favourites in Paris (for the location), and was good value for Hyatt Prive bookings.

Crillon currently has daily credit for Rosewood Elite agent bookings.
scented likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 5:41 pm
Original Member

Cheval Blanc Paris opening pretty much now.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/inside-...el-11630069914
Old Sep 6, 2021, 4:46 pm
Original Member

I have heard elsewhere that Fa-Raon has returned to his Le Bristol home. Can anyone confirm?

offerendum and lb8001 like this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:04 pm
Original Member

I am preparing a lengthy review of my stay in Paris at Le Bristol. Should I post it here or create a new thread? I fear posting it here will decrease its visibility.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by KatW
I am preparing a lengthy review of my stay in Paris at Le Bristol. Should I post it here or create a new thread? I fear posting it here will decrease its visibility.
Bonjour KatW!

Welcome home! I think most of us tend to follow these threads often and its convenient to have reviews and posts in a thread of hotels for a particular city. I think your post would get more visibility tied to a discussion of all a city’s hotels rather a stand alone post. Whatever you choose, I think we are all looking forward to your post and thank you for taking the time to share it!
obscure2k, offerendum and scented like this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 6:32 pm
Original Member

Hello Mods, I meant this to go in the omnibus Paris hotels thread. Would you fix? Thankee. I tried to upload pix but could not.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 8:06 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by KatW
Hello Mods, I meant this to go in the omnibus Paris hotels thread. Would you fix? Thankee. I tried to upload pix but could not.
Fixed. Beautiful review of my favorite hotel in Paris
O2K
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:33 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread, being 13 years old, is renewed with a new thread that will include more up-to-date reviews and info..

The new thread is at Paris Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread started 9/21)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.