Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:45 pm

Dear offerendum, Who spends 1500 Euros for a room at the George V?
What I am trying to say value is relative. Some person might actually find value in those packages. You don't ? Well don't buy them
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by GeorgeThetruth
Dear offerendum, Who spends 1500 Euros for a room at the George V?
What I am trying to say value is relative. Some person might actually find value in those packages. You don't ? Well don't buy them
Dear GeorgeTheTruth. I would spend 1500 € for a room IF it is the market price. If I get it elswere for lets say 1000 € I wouldnīt pay 1500 €. If cheapest offer is 5000 € and I like to stay there and nowhere else, itīs OK.

My Intention with showing this offers was, that they are all overpriced. So it doesnīt surprise me they Charge such prices for a short transfer. So itīs not the question if value is relative. The question is, if I pay the fair market price. Regarding the mentioned offers you get the same service much cheaper. Only advantage is that the hotel organize it and you get everything out of 1 hand. If this is worth a 4 figure sum to someone, enjoy.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by offerendum

My favourite is this one:
"For those in pursuit of the ultimate Parisian style experience, The Peninsula Academy offers the crčme-de-la-crčme of lifestyle destinations, all in one day.

The experience begins with an exclusive tour of a world renowned flagship boutique on the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, which will be opened one hour early for you privately

You will then proceed to the elegant Place Vendome and the home of famed couture designer Elsa Schiaparelli, whose salons have been lovingly restored and offer a glimpse into the original world of haute couture.

The journey continues with a visit to the 18th Century arcades and gardens of the Palais Royal, where a myriad of specialty boutiques await, together with an exclusive invitation into the world of famed perfumer Serge Lutens.

The day concludes with a stop at the boutique of jewellery designer Marie-Helene de Taillac on the Left Bank, where tea will be served accompanied by a visual feast of fine and rare gemstones."

Come on! How much? Duration is from 9am to 5 pm. ONLY 4.245 € for 2 people.

Canīt write any more, Iīm on my way to Paris. Fear the experiences are sold out or they realize what a bargain they offer and double or triple prices.

OK, without joking: Who books such rip-offs? Even if I have absolutely no money-issues I couldnīt sleep for weeks if I booked one of this. In my head would only one word: "moron" - all the time

So :
- 4245 from you
- PLUS "how much" from the various shops to Pen

Shopping tour should be free
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by CGRA
So :
- 4245 from you
- PLUS "how much" from the various shops to Pen

Shopping tour should be free
Of course. The day I pay simply to visit a store I will introduce myself immediately to psychiatry and apply for incapacitation.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
The AMEX FHR site is accepting reservations for Le Crillon for arrival beginning 1 September

I hope they bring back the sunday brunch at Les Ambassadeurs
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:50 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by francophile
The AMEX FHR site is accepting reservations for Le Crillon for arrival beginning 1 September
Great news... thanks for sharing.

There's no Virtuoso rate posted yet, but Rosewood Elite rates *are* available ... and I expect informal Virtuoso amenities will be honored at the Crillon.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Doing wedding site tours of Four Seasons, Ritz, Le Meurice, Peninsula, Shangri-La, and La Reserve next week, while staying at Le Meurice. Let me know if anyone would like me to look at anything in particular during the tours, as we've budgeted a decent amount of time for each property.

Will do a write-up of Le Meurice as well, as other than DavidO, it has been lacking any recent commentary.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Doing wedding site tours of Four Seasons, Ritz, Le Meurice, Peninsula, Shangri-La, and La Reserve next week, while staying at Le Meurice.
If you're at The Pen between 14th-17th and visit the pool, I'll be sure to wave.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
If you're at The Pen between 14th-17th and visit the pool, I'll be sure to wave.
We are in fact doing our tour of the Pen on the 17th in the afternoon - I'll try my best not to harass you.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:34 pm

We've just settled into our Superior Junior Suite at Le Meurice, and are impressed so far. Check-in process was excellent and the room is quite nice and "homey". Very comfortable and easy to feel relaxed in. Our room has multiple terraces and great views of the gardens, the Big Wheel, and the Eiffel Tower (though you can't see the latter unless you're out on the terrace, no big deal).

I will say the room is a bit smaller than I expected (560sqft) - I actually called the front desk a few hours after check-in to verify the room category - but it is certainly enough space for two. The one thing that is lacking is closet space. We're only here for four nights and there is barely enough space for each of us to unpack, which we like to do when staying at one place for 3+ nights.

There was a bit of a foul odor from the WC (plumbing?), but when we left for dinner we let the front desk know and the problem was gone by our return.

Doing a full property tour tomorrow as well.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by callmedtop
The one thing that is lacking is closet space. We're only here for four nights and there is barely enough space for each of us to unpack, which we like to do when staying at one place for 3+ nights.
Very few suites have enough space, mostly even my bag donīt fit on the suitcase rack.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:01 am

Very few suites have enough space, mostly even my bag donīt fit on the suitcase rack.
This is where The Peninsula does a very good job.

That is from a Deluxe Suite and I believe the dimensions are identical in a Grand Premier Suite, which I'm currently in. Even though there's a dedicated dressing area, there are still more wardrobes in the suite.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
This is where The Peninsula does a very good job.

That is from a Deluxe Suite and I believe the dimensions are identical in a Grand Premier Suite, which I'm currently in. Even though there's a dedicated dressing area, there are still more wardrobes in the suite.
This is indeed one of the great excemptions. There are a few more, but as I said not very much.

Last edited by offerendum; Feb 16, 2017 at 3:52 am
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:30 am

We just toured the property, including one Junior Suite in a higher category which had a dedicated closet and thus at least 3-4x closet space, as well as a small sitting room. In my mind, worth the additional couple hundred EUR per night.

I do agree with you as a general rule about hotels and closet space, though.

Edit: To clarify, we both travel extremely light - one carry-on per person and a small briefcase for my computer / work. The Superior Junior Suite category at Le Meurice has a noticeably smaller closet area than any recent stay in the same caliber property. BTW, service continues to be A+, and the shower pressure is the best I've ever experienced in my life, which is enough reason for me to return on its own.

Last edited by callmedtop; Feb 16, 2017 at 8:40 am
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:35 am

We found that the Junior Suite (formerly called Grand Premier Room) we stayed in at Pen Paris had a very large walk-in closet with ample storage for our luggage. I particularly liked using the valet box! You put dusty shoes in and a few hours later they're perfectly clean - like magic!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.