Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

New Amanresorts, GHM & Ahn Luh Development (2014 Edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Amanresorts, GHM & Ahn Luh Development (2014 Edition)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:56 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Tokyo is now apparently delayed to September, because Mr. Doronin has suggested some changes to made...
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
Tokyo is now apparently delayed to September, because Mr. Doronin has suggested some changes to made...
Ooops. Out of the frying pan, into the fire?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:26 am

Question Adrian Zecha leaves Amanresorts

> For Internal Distribution ONLY

After a long and distinguished career as the visionary founder of Aman Resorts, Adrian Zecha has decided to step down from his full-time position as Chairman and CEO of Aman and will continue to serve as strategic advisor to the Board.

Following Mr. Zecha’s decision to step down, I, Vladislav Doronin, was appointed CEO of the Aman Group of companies and Johan Eliasch, a global business leader with extensive brand-building expertise, has been appointed Chairman.

On behalf of the new owners of Aman Resorts I am deeply grateful for Adrian Zecha's outstanding achievements and we confirm our commitment to extend his legacy. As we have shared with you, we are developing our plans to build on the Aman Group’s foundation as a premier global brand. In the next era of Aman, we will bring the exceptional Aman experience not only to exotic resort locations, but also to leading urban centers around the world. We also plan to strengthen the Aman Group with significant new investments and further enhance the company’s dedicated team with world class talent.

The future holds exciting promise for Aman. We thank all of you whose efforts and dedication have already created a legendary brand and will continue to assure its success.

Vladislav Doronin
Johan Eliasch

Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by kai878
> For Internal Distribution ONLY

After a long and distinguished career as the visionary founder of Aman Resorts, Adrian Zecha has decided to step down from his full-time position as Chairman and CEO of Aman and will continue to serve as strategic advisor to the Board.

Following Mr. Zecha’s decision to step down, I, Vladislav Doronin, was appointed CEO of the Aman Group of companies and Johan Eliasch, a global business leader with extensive brand-building expertise, has been appointed Chairman.

On behalf of the new owners of Aman Resorts I am deeply grateful for Adrian Zecha's outstanding achievements and we confirm our commitment to extend his legacy. As we have shared with you, we are developing our plans to build on the Aman Group’s foundation as a premier global brand. In the next era of Aman, we will bring the exceptional Aman experience not only to exotic resort locations, but also to leading urban centers around the world. We also plan to strengthen the Aman Group with significant new investments and further enhance the company’s dedicated team with world class talent.

The future holds exciting promise for Aman. We thank all of you whose efforts and dedication have already created a legendary brand and will continue to assure its success.

Vladislav Doronin
Johan Eliasch

OH NO !!! ....Not MAHARESORTS ...all over again ?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 4:12 am

"brand" is one of my least favourite words and when it's combined with "global" I lose the will to live.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:32 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
I thought the whole point of the sale was so he could take more control? Does that mean the new guys share the same vision as he does and he trusts them to carry on what he started without sullying his 'children'?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:42 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by deathscar
I thought the whole point of the sale was so he could take more control? Does that mean the new guys share the same vision as he does and he trusts them to carry on what he started without sullying his 'children'?
My thoughts exactly. I seems that both Doronin and Eliasch are very business-minded rather than sharing Adrian Zecha's creative mindset. I fear that with the new leadership, Aman will be marketed much more aggressively in the future, aiming to open up the brand to a younger, equally affluent target audience (new money). So in essence, moving into more of a One&Only brand positioning...
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:48 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by bearbrick
OH NO !!! ....Not MAHARESORTS ...all over again ?
Originally Posted by Pausanias
"brand" is one of my least favourite words and when it's combined with "global" I lose the will to live.
Originally Posted by vienna-resident
My thoughts exactly. I seems that both Doronin and Eliasch are very business-minded rather than sharing Adrian Zecha's creative mindset. I fear that with the new leadership, Aman will be marketed much more aggressively in the future, aiming to open up the brand to a younger, equally affluent target audience (new money). So in essence, moving into more of a One&Only brand positioning...
+ 1
Disturbing indeed .
What do other Amanjunkies think ?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Just Fantastic.

Get ready to welcome a Burj Al Arab/Four Seasons Koh Samui type crowd to Aman's worldwide
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Damn it.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 4:26 pm

I hope I'll never have to see an Aman Ad in Harper's Bazaar.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:37 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Amanresort ads....oh the humanity!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:45 pm

I'd urge everyone to relax. I don't mean to doubt, but kai878 is a first-time poster.

This does not mean the information is invalid/untrue, but perhaps we should await confirmation from other sources. vuittons, have you heard anything about this?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:26 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by aa213bb
I'd urge everyone to relax. I don't mean to doubt, but kai878 is a first-time poster.

This does not mean the information is invalid/untrue, but perhaps we should await confirmation from other sources. vuittons, have you heard anything about this?
It's the first I've heard of it for sure. When I last spoke to an Aman rep about a month ago, they said they were very happy with the sale as it ensures that Adrian Zecha can lead again and that everything is 'back with Aman' (not exact quotes).
Old May 1, 2014, 2:11 am
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Just FYI, the above is all true and it sounds like it was/is a bit of a bloodbath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.