Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

New Amanresorts, GHM & Ahn Luh Development (2014 Edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Amanresorts, GHM & Ahn Luh Development (2014 Edition)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by aa213bb
I'd urge everyone to relax. I don't mean to doubt, but kai878 is a first-time poster.

This does not mean the information is invalid/untrue, but perhaps we should await confirmation from other sources. vuittons, have you heard anything about this?
Kai878 may be a first time poster under this user name but the form of the post suggests he/she is not unfamiliar with the board. Why post it in this thread only and not anywhere else on Flyertalk? A bit of a cat amongst the pigeons post!

And you're not suggesting Vuittons has the ear of management - are you.
Old May 1, 2014, 3:25 am

Following Adrian Zecha's departure, key persons have been asked to leave the company

Executive Director - Trina Dingler Ebert
http://www.elephantlifestyle.com/ele...sorts_162.html

Spokesperson for Amanresorts - Anjali Nihalchand
http://www.cambodiadaily.com/busines...om-penh-51460/

More to follow.........
Old May 1, 2014, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Ericka
Amanresort ads....oh the humanity!
It was an advertisement that drove me to my first Amanresort. In 1990 we arrived in Bali airport without a hotel booked and in the back of my mind I remembered a full-page ad in Conde Nast Traveler for this new-age looking hotel called Amandari. So we went and never looked back to beach resorts on that island.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by sydakllon
Just FYI, the above is all true and it sounds like it was/is a bit of a bloodbath.
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Kai878 may be a first time poster under this user name but the form of the post suggests he/she is not unfamiliar with the board. Why post it in this thread only and not anywhere else on Flyertalk? A bit of a cat amongst the pigeons post!

And you're not suggesting Vuittons has the ear of management - are you.
Oh, I tend to agree with all of this … was just saying no confirmation has come out yet.

And yes, I'm fairly certain vuittons "has the ear of management", though it is quite interesting she's been wildly scooped on this one.

I'm quite curious who kai is, though I'm tending to agree s/he is an otherwise known poster to the board.

Interesting times … especially for those on the board who seem to think life is "Aman or bust".
Old May 1, 2014, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Quite. Let us just hope that Vladimir does not want to become involved...
Oops !
Old May 1, 2014, 12:25 pm

Time will tell whether the new owner is capable of continuing the vision of Adrian Zecha which he eloquently refers to in his letter or, develops Amanresorts into a commercial brand.

However the manner in which he and his team are acting is and will have a destabilizing affect throughout the management team and therefore, readers can expect significant changes within the core culture of Amanresorts in the coming months.
Old May 1, 2014, 1:35 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aa213bb
And yes, I'm fairly certain vuittons "has the ear of management", though it is quite interesting she's been wildly scooped on this one.
My hunch is that she hasn't been 'scooped' as much as she has been told to be quiet. I find her silence on this issue quite telling, on a few levels.
Old May 1, 2014, 1:54 pm
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by coultons
Time will tell whether the new owner is capable of continuing the vision of Adrian Zecha which he eloquently refers to in his letter or, develops Amanresorts into a commercial brand.

However the manner in which he and his team are acting is and will have a destabilizing affect throughout the management team and therefore, readers can expect significant changes within the core culture of Amanresorts in the coming months.
Very sad, but true. The tone of this letter and the simple fact that it is written by Mr. Doronin already shows that there is a lot more going on beneath the surface.

Had there been ANY good relations left, Mr. Zecha would have written the letter, announcing Doronin as the new CEO. But like this, I have to say I fear the worst...
Old May 1, 2014, 4:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by vienna-resident
Very sad, but true. The tone of this letter and the simple fact that it is written by Mr. Doronin already shows that there is a lot more going on beneath the surface.

Had there been ANY good relations left, Mr. Zecha would have written the letter, announcing Doronin as the new CEO. But like this, I have to say I fear the worst...
^ +1
Do not appreciate the tone , etc , either & as I said earlier , disturbing .

The on the ground folk we connected with this week seem to be taking it well , for now anyway .

If & a big if , however , the GMs & their teams are still given ' free reign ' then it will be status quo or better . Especially when owners of a specific property put in further investment for infrastructure , etc improvements .

vienna-resident , how was the ' vibe ' at Wella & Galla ?
We shall see as we continue to stay at our various Aman homes the rest of the year
Have to stay hopeful , really do not want a repeat of the previous fiasco .

Last edited by FlyerEC; May 1, 2014 at 4:58 pm Reason: Amended duplicate
Old May 1, 2014, 4:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Deleted duplicate !

If Vladislav Doronin & Johan Eliasch are Amanjunkies & appreciate that , then we are able to breathe easier .

On the positive , they seem to recognize that there is ' deadwood ' in HQ .

Last edited by FlyerEC; May 1, 2014 at 5:18 pm
Old May 1, 2014, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there has been little to no discussion of business side of aman here, historically
some here are too optimistic / trusting especially of PR, which is business side
kai878 could also be aman/related employee and or talking to one

i maintain that good owners of existing amanresorts can keep standards if brand dies
(and i maintain that if zecha did sell aman in early 90s, that seems strange to me)

if zecha is leaving, lets hope there is no non-compete, and he starts another company

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 2, 2014 at 12:37 pm
Old May 1, 2014, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

double posting because IT'S OFFICIAL >
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...257605581.html
thursday may 1st around 11pm EDT/NYC / friday may 2nd morning in europe
odd there wasnt prior press release re Doronin

apr 28 2:56am EDT >
Originally Posted by vienna-resident
Tokyo is now apparently delayed to September, because Mr. Doronin has suggested some changes to made...
apr 30 4:26am EDT >
Originally Posted by kai878
For Internal Distribution ONLY

After a long and distinguished career as the visionary founder of Aman Resorts, Adrian Zecha has decided to step down from his full-time position as Chairman and CEO of Aman and will continue to serve as strategic advisor to the Board.

Following Mr. Zecha’s decision to step down, I, Vladislav Doronin, was appointed CEO of the Aman Group of companies and Johan Eliasch, a global business leader with extensive brand-building expertise, has been appointed Chairman.

On behalf of the new owners of Aman Resorts I am deeply grateful for Adrian Zecha's outstanding achievements and we confirm our commitment to extend his legacy. As we have shared with you, we are developing our plans to build on the Aman Group’s foundation as a premier global brand. In the next era of Aman, we will bring the exceptional Aman experience not only to exotic resort locations, but also to leading urban centers around the world. We also plan to strengthen the Aman Group with significant new investments and further enhance the company’s dedicated team with world class talent.

The future holds exciting promise for Aman. We thank all of you whose efforts and dedication have already created a legendary brand and will continue to assure its success.

Vladislav Doronin Johan Eliasch
may 1 4:11am EDT >
Just FYI, the above is all true and it sounds like it was/is a bit of a bloodbath.
above content is different from press release

the following is NOT in press release >
"continue to serve as strategic advisor to the Board."

press release >
"Vladislav Doronin…lead investor [in aman]"

in february >
“I am delighted to partner with Peak Hotels & Resorts, who not only share my vision for Aman’s future growth but are absolutely committed to sustaining our company’s reputation for many decades to come,” said Adrian Zecha.

Aman Resorts Group Ltd., a joint venture between Peak Hotels & Resorts and Amanresorts founder Adrian Zecha
Nader Tavakoli, Chairman of Aman Resorts Group Ltd
Zecha will continue as Chairman of Amanresorts

A private investor group led by Peak Hotels & Resorts Group Ltd.
so much for being "joint venture" (again, zecha does not have the cash)
presumably Eliasch is replacing zecha and tavakoli stays where he is

Originally Posted by kai878
Following Adrian Zecha's departure, key persons have been asked to leave the company

Executive Director - Trina Dingler Ebert

Spokesperson for Amanresorts - Anjali Nihalchand
http://www.cambodiadaily.com/busines...om-penh-51460/

More to follow.........
from link >
On the list of prospective hotels is Aman Resorts, which sees the city as the obvious next spot to build following their successful presence in Siem Reap.

“The next destination would be Phnom Penh,” said Anjali Nihalchand, spokesperson for Aman. “No reason that we’re not there. It’s just a question of finding the right sites,” he said.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 3, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Old May 1, 2014, 10:02 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
above content is different from press release
Come now, a press release / internal email will not always tell us what really happened.

Let me put it this way, locks were changed.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Come now, a press release / internal email will not always tell us what really happened.

Let me put it this way, locks were changed.
youve read something into my post (that i did not intend) perhaps because i put your quote before my comments.
i (and others) appreciated your post confirming and offering additional context.

to reply, i was only pointing out that press release did not mention zecha staying in any capacity - it may be that he is not really staying on in any capacity.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 24, 2014 at 1:18 am
Old May 1, 2014, 10:43 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Curious as to why my post was quoted?

Interesting about the press release not containing the information on 'advisor to the board'.

Last edited by chinmoylad; May 1, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.