Luxury Hotels in Taipei

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels in Taipei

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2010, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
The Le'Meridien looks worth a try. Do report back if you have the chance to try it. As one of the major cities in Asia, Taipei is seriously in need of a better hotel portfolio.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:24 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Any recent Lalu stays

i'm looking at heading here in March. Prices seem pretty steep (12,200 TWD) and i havent been available to find rooms on 3rd party booking sites. Is it worth the trip? any discounts for local residents?

FDW
Old Jan 17, 2011, 2:37 pm

The Four Seasons website seems to have dropped the Regent Taipei as one of their hotels.

Is FS no longer managing this property?

Is FS still planning on putting up a hotel of their own in TPE?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
I don't think FS has been managing The Regent Taipei for a while...

But I've heard that FS has confirmed a site in the city for a new hotel
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
I just tried the Le Meridien and don't like it. Regent still the best hotel I've tried in Taipei so far. If FS is not managing the hotel, not sure if the standard will drop.

Looking forward to the W that will be opening soon.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Any recommendations? The last thread on this was quite some time back. Strangely for a major asian city, the usual luxury chains, ie FS, RC, MO, St Regis and Pen are all missing. For reference, I've tried Sheraton and Shangri-la and they are OK as business hotels but I'm not impressed by either.

I plan to stay 4 nights, 2 for business ( may try the Westin this time ) and 2 for leisure.
I was stay for 2 nights in Shangri-la; I have felt very friendly to us.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 4:38 am

Programs: UA, CX, BR
Originally Posted by BENLEE
I just tried the Le Meridien and don't like it.
why not? (not challenging you, just asking). The forthcoming W looks pretty good from the outside.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by taipeipeter
why not? (not challenging you, just asking). The forthcoming W looks pretty good from the outside.
I don't like the look of the hotel, too barren and empty. Maybe they are trying to adopt the minimalist style. Service poor. Calls often go unanswered or divert to answering machine.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:06 am

i have tried one of the them

i have tried one of the them but little bit disturbing...and not as well in performance
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Le Palais de Chine?

Anyone try it? Looks new, sleek and boutique-y - opened in May of 2010...
Old May 2, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Delta Gold, HH ◊, SPG Gold
Please delete this post.

Last edited by tkflyer; May 2, 2011 at 2:53 pm
Old May 20, 2011, 12:51 pm

Grand Hyatt Taipei - haunted!

Surprised that no one has mentioned this in the entire thread - that the Grand Hyatt Taipei is widely known to be haunted. Again, this is very widely known amongst the Asian community (so I guess the fact that no one mentioned it here means this crowd is not Asian and/or in-the-know).

Anyway, thought it was important to share for those who care/mind.
Old May 21, 2011, 1:49 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by BAmemberUSD2009
Surprised that no one has mentioned this in the entire thread - that the Grand Hyatt Taipei is widely known to be haunted. Again, this is very widely known amongst the Asian community (so I guess the fact that no one mentioned it here means this crowd is not Asian and/or in-the-know).

Anyway, thought it was important to share for those who care/mind.
Haunted? Are you kidding me?

Perhaps it wasn't mentioned because people here don't believe in ghosts? ;-)
Old May 21, 2011, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ainternational
Haunted? Are you kidding me?

Perhaps it wasn't mentioned because people here don't believe in ghosts? ;-)
Oh ya, I heard about that too from my local business friends in Taipei. Apparently the site where the hotel was built used to be an execution centre during WW2, something like that. However, the hotels are still having guests so I suppose the "ghost" only appears to those that want to believe it's true. Those that never heard about it then should be OK.

Another supposedly "haunted" hotel is the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong because a famous HK celebrity once committed suicide there.
Old May 22, 2011, 3:00 am

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
Have stayed there many times but sadly never seen anything

Apparently the way to tell if a room is haunted is by looking at the wood grain pattern on the room doors. Most look like nothing but some have evil looking faces. Those are the haunted ones (supposedly).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.