Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels in Taipei

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Yes, me too. I complained loudly in both my TA review as well as the comments card. Hotel responded to say they thank me for my "constructive comments" and will look into this matter but looks like they are continuing the policy.

I still like the hotel though and will stay there when I go again to Taipei. It's practically the only premium luxury hotel there. But this time I will book a club room.
They're lucky to have you as a repeat customer. I'm lucky to not have to put up with it in Tokyo with SL.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Ended up booking Mandarin Oriental & Okura.

Any tips on either property ?

For MO, tried to go with the World MasterCard offer http://www.worldcard.mastercard.com/...i--taiwan.html but no agent got back to me so ended up booking directly with MO.

From what I've read, Okura dosen't have an Exec Room so went for their Okura Prestige Room (2nd from bottom) just because decor looked different from the basic room.

Any tips on eating / traveling from these 2 properties would be much appreciated ! Don't mind walking and usually a budget traveler just so happens to be a splurge as a treat for the family.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:00 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by wantan
For MO, tried to go with the World MasterCard offer http://www.worldcard.mastercard.com/...i--taiwan.html but no agent got back to me so ended up booking directly with MO.
Looks similar to the MOFan Club offer... you might want to google around the forum here for more tips on that.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:53 am

Has anybody tried the Grand Mayfull which opened earlier this year? Hard product looks very good and could potentially be a worthy competitor to the Mandarin Oriental.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by Five Star Traveller
Has anybody tried the Grand Mayfull which opened earlier this year? Hard product looks very good and could potentially be a worthy competitor to the Mandarin Oriental.
Pics does looks good indeed. But not sure the service standard as it doesn't appear to be an international chain. Hard product wise is good, like that large TV and hansgrohe shower. Decor wise a bit run of the mill though looks luxurious. Taipei is lacking in 5star luxury hotel but it appears the situation is improving. ^

I will be trying the Grand Hyatt, renovated suite. Choose this for the proximity to Taipei 101.

Last edited by BENLEE; Sep 1, 2016 at 6:42 am
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:55 pm

If you want to be close to 101, how about the W or Meridien?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by HKTraveler
If you want to be close to 101, how about the W or Meridien?
In that area, my choice would be the Grand Hyatt, but I'm not sensitive to the paranormal.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
The GH is the closest to 101, but I'm not overly fond of that property. I personally quite like the W (which is commonly referred to as one of the best Ws in the system). I haven't stayed at the LM, but I've never heard complaints from people who have.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jiaotze
The GH is the closest to 101, but I'm not overly fond of that property. I personally quite like the W (which is commonly referred to as one of the best Ws in the system). I haven't stayed at the LM, but I've never heard complaints from people who have.
Agree re: the W. Not a fan of that chain, but the TPE W is quite nice, all things considered. Also a member of Starwood Luxury Privileges, which adds a nice bit of value.^
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:45 am

Have stayed in all 3 and personally prefer the Meridien. Location not as convenient as the W but much more low-key which is my preference. I just don't find anything particularly attractive about the GH and it is also much older. Has it undergone renovation recently?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:47 am

How is the Meridien versus the MO?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:39 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Have stayed in all 3 and personally prefer the Meridien. Location not as convenient as the W but much more low-key which is my preference. I just don't find anything particularly attractive about the GH and it is also much older. Has it undergone renovation recently?
Yes, the Grand Hyatt Taipei was fully renovated recently, here's a fascinating short report on the renovation and re-launch of this magnificent property:

Grand Hyatt Taipei relaunches after major renovation

http://www.dotwnews.com/resorts/gran...jor-renovation

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:07 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
The Meridien is a solid hotel and good value for money. Not sure the MO is worth the higher rates for Taipei. I personally can't stand W hotels so no comment on it.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
In that area, my choice would be the Grand Hyatt, but I'm not sensitive to the paranormal.
I know what you mean lol. . Just checked out from the Hyatt Taipei and did not encounter any paramormal experience. On the other hand, am really pleased with the renovated rooms. Stayed at a Grand Suite with lovely bed, living area and lots of space. Only nitpick is that the water pressure isn't that great. Service wise, its not FS or MO level but certainly more than adequate. Location can't be beat.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:51 am

Eslite hotel . Now my hotel of choice in Taipei . Not luxury but not far from it - its local, confident and just right . Trouble was , I seem to spend way too much time in the super comfortable room and out of it , in the perfect hotel lounge or the " ecology" park just outside the lounge .Only thing I wish they had was a pool ...even a lap pool would have been nice . Please keep it to ourselves here .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.