FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by halibahs
that sounds like an epic trip!

June - Amanoi
Aug - MO BKK, Amansara
Oct - Amanusa, Amanwana

MO BKK.
Still a place of excellence! Am there right now.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
June : Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat ' Saisons , OX , England

August: Amankila , Amanusa

October : Amanruya , FS Bosphorus
Will be in Amanruya next week for a 4 night trip. First Amanzoe, leaving (too) early tomorrow morning.

Our next major holiday for the year is 3 weeks over Christmas:
  • Fullerton Bay, Singapore
  • Iniala
  • Amanpuri
  • Amanpulo
  • MO, Kuala Lumpar
  • Amanjiwo
  • Alila Villas, Ulutawtu
Old May 24, 2015, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Royal Barriere in Deauville.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Iniala
Alila Villas, Ulutawtu
curious to hear how iniala is. you booked a villa?

have you done alila villas uluwatu (or soori) before?

great trip, enjoy!
Old May 24, 2015, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
curious to hear how iniala is. you booked a villa?

have you done alila villas uluwatu (or soori) before?

great trip, enjoy!
We're staying in the Penthouse. There's only 2 of us, so even though a 3 bedroom was "only" ~£500/n more, it didn't seem worth it. Looking now, it seems like they've opened up a whole new series of suites which weren't available before and changed the prices. I'll write up a report on it if no one else has by then, as I see there's hardly any mention of it here.

Yep, done Alila Villas Ulutawu before when we did Amandari and Amankila in 2013. Only reason we stayed there was I left booking the holiday too late and we needed somewhere to stay between the two as they were fully booked. I actually thought it was better than both the Aman's. Great value and some of the best service I've ever received.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:08 am

We're staying in the Penthouse. There's only 2 of us, so even though a 3 bedroom was "only" ~£500/n more, it didn't seem worth it. Looking now, it seems like they've opened up a whole new series of suites which weren't available before and changed the prices. I'll write up a report on it if no one else has by then, as I see there's hardly any mention of it here.

Yep, done Alila Villas Ulutawu before when we did Amandari and Amankila in 2013. Only reason we stayed there was I left booking the holiday too late and we needed somewhere to stay between the two as they were fully booked. I actually thought it was better than both the Aman's. Great value and some of the best service I've ever received.
To my point of view, materials used for construction at AVU are not so good. Maintenance is not at its best and much prefer the atmosphere of the Aman's. However, the main pool is stunning but nothing to do around, not like at Amankila or Amandari where you can truly enjoy a lot of beautiful walks. Service was good at AVU but I think not as excellent as in the two Aman mentioned...
Old May 25, 2015, 10:11 am

Next will be:
-June: at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai. A place I've visited many times for lunch and high tea and where I consider the service as one of the best in China with great management team and devoted team.
-August: will give a try to Warldorf Astoria Amsterdam but still have an hesitation.
-September: Indonesia trip again with Amankila, Uma Ubud and Oberoi Lombok.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:47 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by RodHK
Next will be:
-June: at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai. A place I've visited many times for lunch and high tea and where I consider the service as one of the best in China with great management team and devoted team.
-August: will give a try to Warldorf Astoria Amsterdam but still have an hesitation.
-September: Indonesia trip again with Amankila, Uma Ubud and Oberoi Lombok.
Will be very curious to hear about the Oberoi Lombok. Hope you'll put together a TR!
Old May 25, 2015, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MacMyDay, btw alila villas soori (and legian) also have beachfront pool villas

re alila uluwatu - http://www.avuthecliff.com/ http://www.alilahotels.com/investment

3 bedroom was "only" ~£500/n more, it didn't seem worth it. Looking now, it seems like they've opened up a whole new series of suites which weren't available before and changed the prices.
not always, but sometimes they rent rooms in the villas
presume you saw floorplans? collector villa pool is 12x12m
http://www.designboom.com/architectu...nd-06-30-2014/

edit - only 3 3BR villas and 1 penthouse
can sometimes book 1 room in a villa
especially good if empty (last minute)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 26, 2015 at 7:03 am
Old May 25, 2015, 4:42 pm

Horrible architecture...
Would love to know more about the service at Iniala, a trip report would be great.
Website offers EN, RU language options...
Old May 25, 2015, 10:14 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by RodHK
To my point of view, materials used for construction at AVU are not so good. Maintenance is not at its best and much prefer the atmosphere of the Aman's. However, the main pool is stunning but nothing to do around, not like at Amankila or Amandari where you can truly enjoy a lot of beautiful walks. Service was good at AVU but I think not as excellent as in the two Aman mentioned...
Agree on the whole except Alila's main pool. Not a fan (both Soori and Uluwatu). Rooms, despite the materials and the maintenance, are VERY nice.

Alila's 3-bedroom villas are stunning though.
Old May 25, 2015, 11:32 pm

edit - only 3 3BR villas and 1 penthouse
can sometimes book 1 room in a villa
especially good if empty (last minute)
Ah, ok, thanks for that - I wasn't aware of that.

Regarding floor plans, I did indeed read that. I spent a LOT of research booking Iniala, as it's the most expensive place we've ever stayed (evidently not enough, as I didn't know you could book rooms separately, but I'd still have booked the Penthouse); I must have read every review and website out there on it. I'm not sure if you've ever had the same, but we've had suites or upgrades before where they're SO big you feel like you're in an aircraft hanger and it's almost disconcerting. So whilst I'd say the 3 bedroom look nicer, I'd only want to go if someone else was coming along.

FYI they take a 50% deposit immediately, which I found highly unusual, especially as I booked it in March for December.

As for Alila vs Aman, each to their own, I say. Personally I wouldn't ever go back to Amankila, and would be unlikely to go back to Amandari as well. Amanpulo, however, will be our 2nd visit in 12 months.
Old May 26, 2015, 7:12 am

Heading to Tokyo Pen for 3 nights next weekend, and then off to Sri Lanka for ~2weeks in Aug (Cinnamon Grand for staying overnight, Tea Trails, Kandy House, Cape Weligama and Amangalla), then Rayavadee + Trisara/Amanpulo in Dec! Will squeeze in another trip to Kyoto/Osaka somewhere in between, and possibly Taiwan/Malaysia weekend trips..

Trying to mix my stays at some smaller boutiques/local hotels with the luxury ones
Old May 26, 2015, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

clarifying my post - deer, ngfan, xracer, ozchinois positive on soori >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post22202734

I'm not sure if you've ever had the same, but we've had suites or upgrades before where they're SO big you feel like you're in an aircraft hanger and it's almost disconcerting. So whilst I'd say the 3 bedroom look nicer, I'd only want to go if someone else was coming along.
youre not only one here to say that re size. personally, all i care about is value/price. for only 2 guests, the 3BR hotel villa (pool, tennis court) ive done was cheap. have also done 2BR beachfront pool villa. most expensive ive done was a room (not a suite) many here would consider small.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 6, 2015 at 10:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.