September:
Napa (TBD)

November:
Fasano Rio
Fasano Sao Paulo

December:
Tea Trails
Amangalla
Very nice array, actually--even if it's not quite as local as you suggest!

I'd love a trip report on the Fasanos in Brazil. Been curious as to whether they're worth it or not for our own trip there (waiting on Amanoca to open before we return to Brazil). Are you eating at DOM in Sao Paolo?

I'll also be curious as to your thoughts on the Belmond Charleston.

Enjoy!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
Aren't you going to India bruin? I remember hijacking your thread for our upcoming trip over November.

Well, our next trip appears to be Maldives, Sri Lanka, and Egypt This comes after the old Fregate Island thing, the safari, London (Lanesborough), Paris (Prince de Galles) and India.
Where are you staying in the Maldives?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:44 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

I don't know on the Maldives yet, but Soneva and Gili are probably my top two choices. It really depends on the price/specials that become available. It's almost a year a way, so it'll be awhile before we know.

Our son will be with us, so probably won't be returning to Cocoa island.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Aren't you going to India bruin? I remember hijacking your thread for our upcoming trip over November.

Well, our next trip appears to be Maldives, Sri Lanka, and Egypt This comes after the old Fregate Island thing, the safari, London (Lanesborough), Paris (Prince de Galles) and India.
Yes, that was the plan and I did have a trip booked there for over new years. However, there was an issue with my AAdvantage ticket on EY getting ticketed, and by the time it was settled, I could not get to India on the days we wanted.

We are ok going to Sri Lanka for just 8 nights, but for our first time going to India we wanted a full 2 weeks, so will have to do it another time.
Luckily, that thread was so helpful that when we do go, there will be minimal planning since I know the itinerary I want!

bhrubin: I will let you know my thoughts after our stay over the July 4th weekend
Old May 1, 2015, 6:44 am
Original Poster

I don't know on the Maldives yet, but Soneva and Gili are probably my top two choices. It really depends on the price/specials that become available. It's almost a year a way, so it'll be awhile before we know.

Our son will be with us, so probably won't be returning to Cocoa island.
I would wait until Gili Langkanfushi refurbishes as it is very tired. Also, not sure it's a great choice for kids. I guess you know it is no longer a Soneva resort.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Just added a quick trip to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek.
Old May 11, 2015, 9:12 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Spent last night at the Langham Pasadena. If you want to stay at a circa-1990 Ritz, this is your place.

Since RC left, they've kept the rooms are kept in pretty good condition, but rugs in the corridors were threadbare in many spots. Notably so.

With one exception, all of my service interactions were fine. The one exception was when someone from staff entered my room without knocking. He got the heck out of there fast.
Old May 11, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
We are off the the peninsula in Tokyo

Yamanochya in Hakone

Iwaso on miyajima

And the ritz Carlton Kyoto

Really excited!
Old May 12, 2015, 4:57 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

I would wait until Gili Langkanfushi refurbishes as it is very tired. Also, not sure it's a great choice for kids. I guess you know it is no longer a Soneva resort.

Well, my permaspazz approach towards life decided to change the plans. No more Maldives, Sir Lanka or Egypt. The prices seem unnecessarily steep for spring break. Now it is Bhutan > Laos > Cambodia > Vietnam. Farbster: We'll be prolonging the old K2 spring break a little--ha!

Thinking COMO Bhutan, Aman Laos and Cambodia and Six Senses in Vietnam. Any tips on Vietnam?

As we are heading to Fregate I understand a seminal review of the hotel is forthcoming by GG. I certainly hope the Oetker management has raised the bar.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Well , when are you going to Vietnam ?
Spring break - assume in Mar

Along coast - Amano'i , our last visit was this Mar . Have a look at the Amano'i thread
Hanoi - Metropole
Saigon - Park Hyatt

Enjoy Amantaka

Posted in various threads

Dec : While waiting for Aman to open in Brazil next year or ?? , we ' ll recce Belmond Hotel das Cataratas , Iguacu Falls
How is it ? Does hotel befit this forum ?

Last edited by FlyerEC; May 13, 2015 at 3:38 am Reason: Add info , typo
Old May 16, 2015, 11:19 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
My annual trip to Phuket. Will be staying at Trisara from June 27-July 1.
Old May 16, 2015, 11:35 pm

Long time lurker, rare poster.

Going back to Maldives. Last time we stayed at Constance Halaveli. Now deciding between Huvafen Fushi and Como Maalifushi
Old May 16, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by sellouts
Long time lurker, rare poster.

Going back to Maldives. Last time we stayed at Constance Halaveli. Now deciding between Huvafen Fushi and Como Maalifushi
Two very contrasting styles there!

I had a fantastic stay at Six Senses Laamu in January.
Old May 17, 2015, 3:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Conrad Hong Kong
Four Seasons Pu Dong
Conrad Bangkok

I fell in love with the FS the last/first time I visited. Must go again! I'll be staying at the Pearl View room.

Last edited by TOMFORD; May 17, 2015 at 4:12 am
Old May 17, 2015, 6:22 am

Great photo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.